The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SSC5 Official Ballot"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

SherpaDave 8316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-01-05, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SSC5 Official Ballot"
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-05 AT 10:12 PM (EST)

Whew! Because there are 56 links in this post, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if I messed at least one of 'em up. If anyone notices a bad link, please lemme know and I'll correct it ASAP. Also, if I missed any entries when compiling this, please send that info along to me, too. That said, a list follows of all the wonderful entries in this year's competition.

Voting will run from August 1 through August 8 and winners will be announced August 9 (give or take a day or two). To avoid hurt feelings, the voting will take place through email and will be kept confidential. Everyone will get to vote. Votes should be mailed to me at sherpadave@hotmail.com. Please vote for a first through third place winner in each category (except in the Humor category, which received only two entries--vote for first and second place in that category). Also, note that multi-part pieces each count as one entry.

The first through third-place winners of each category receive nothing but Blowies. I may also be awarding another Salman Rushdie Award to the person that best personifies the spirit of the contest that didn't win a specific Blowie.

Many, many thanks to all entrants for their creativity, generosity, and bravery. And many thanks to all who offered support, especially those who took the time to offer comments on the pieces. Y'all are great.

Non-Fiction (NF)
Try by syren
The Pigeon Story by zipperhead
Death is the easy part by Esbea
It's all in the charts by PhoenixMons
And Yet I Still Teach by Molaholic
Love Conquers All by Molaholic
Life Without a Porpoise by J I M B O
Field of Dreams by J I M B O

Flash Fiction (FF)
If Only Life Were That Simple Again by KObrien_fan
untitled by brvnkrz
Shattered Purity by syren
Blind Fate by cahaya
The Special Place by mysticwolf

Short Story (SS)
Comfotable Souls by woeisme1
The Contestant by zipperhead
Johnny's Time by frankz
The Panther Strikes by frankz
Moses in the River by zipperhead

Humor (HU)
"Top 10 Changes in American Political Lexicon Attributable to Karl Rove by cahaya
Complaint Department by calamityc

Persona Narrative (PN)
The Adventure (part 1) and (part 2) by woeisme1
The Hustler by KObrien_fan
How to be a DAW by zipperhead

Free Verse (FV)
The Seals of Life by ariarnalatrice
skin to skin by arkiegrl
Fair Lady, Noble Man by cahaya
Paths by KObrien_fan
untitled by arkiegrl
The Elements by woeisme1
An Exercise in Futility by KObrien_fan
Myth by J I M B O
Since I Cannot Reach You by calamityc

Rhyming Poetry (RP)
How I feel by woeisme1
I'm Better Today by woeisme1
Woman of a Cool Night by calamityc
City Feelin' by cahaya

Photography (PH)
Shrouded Blooms by cahaya
Hanging Lake by rasslinmomma
I Recall by weltek
Autumn in New York by PhoenixMons
Clouds Illusions by woeisme1
Sun Melting into the Desert by PhoenixMons
Mist in the trees by woeisme1
Strike by clemsonbeav
Sunshows & Rainbows of Hawaii by Outfrontgirl
Rollin' by Meemo
Art? by Meemo
Cook Island Dreaming Pt I: Aitutaki Lagoon, Pt II: Maori Dancers, and Pt III: Raro, big heart, small government by Outfrontgirl

Visual Art (VA)
Tie a Yellow Ribbon by PhoenixMons
Moonburst by cahaya
Cosmic Eye by cahaya
Linear Phoneix IV by J Slice
Haunted by StarryLuna
My Rain Forest Garden on the Big Island by Outfrontgirl

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SSC5 Official Ballot frankz 08-01-05 1
   RE: SSC5 Official Ballot SherpaDave 08-01-05 2
 RE: SSC5 Official Ballot Outfrontgirl 08-01-05 3
   RE: SSC5 Official Ballot SherpaDave 08-01-05 4
       RE: SSC5 Official Ballot Outfrontgirl 08-02-05 5
           RE: SSC5 Official Ballot SherpaDave 08-02-05 6
 *bump* ARnutz 08-07-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frankz 1024 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-01-05, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SSC5 Official Ballot"
Short Story Category

The Contestant and Moses In the River were by Zipperhead.
Frankz had The Panther Strikes (you missed that one), as well as Johnny’s Time (you had that one)
Comfortable Souls was Woeisme1

The links you have for SS are correct.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-01-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SSC5 Official Ballot"
Thanks! Should be correct now.

Outfrontgirl 5470 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-05, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SSC5 Official Ballot"
First of all, big thanks for all that work, Dave! That's a lot of links.

With my entries, I did the multiple parts of the Cook Islands so that the threads would be able to load as graphics intensive as they are. I didn't mean for them to be separate entries. I thought I asked about if that was OK beforehand, but I probably wasn't clear about what I meant.

If that's the rule, and only two entries are allowed in each category -- I now have 4 (one in 3 parts). Just go ahead and take Pts II and III off the ballot then. I would make them say non-entries, but the thread subject line can't be edited.

Mahalo Dave!

08-01-05, 10:12 PM (EST)
4. "RE: SSC5 Official Ballot"
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-05 AT 10:14 PM (EST)

Hmmm. I thought I clarified on the ballot itself that all three of those are considered one entry taken together. But I wanted to include links to all three so that people voting could review them. So yes, you do still have two entries total, and the Cook Island threads (all three of them) together count as one entry.

(edit: just went back to look, and the final sentence of the second paragraph on the ballot states that multi-part pieces count as one entry. whew! was afraid I might be having a senior moment.)

Outfrontgirl 5470 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-05, 03:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SSC5 Official Ballot"
LOL Dave, sorry to trouble you. I mistakenly read your line to mean something different, the opposite, in fact:

When you said:
"Also, note that multi-part pieces each count as one entry."

I thought you meant that each part counts as one entry, so two parts count as two entries, etc..

It was the "each" that threw me, that and by piece you meant the whole thing (which is right) and I was thinking of "pieces" of the piece.

Never mind then and nothing to see here!

And THANKS again!

08-02-05, 10:57 AM (EST)
6. "RE: SSC5 Official Ballot"
Hee!

(note to self: for an alleged writer, my clarity sucks)

ARnutz 13194 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "*bump*"
Now that I have time to vote, I figured others still need to as well.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •