The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

zipperhead 3387 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-06-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story"
Childhood pranks shouldn’t lead to something that you feel guilty about for the rest of your life. Sometimes they do.

When I was a kid, we lived on a small street where there were lots of other children. Much to the chagrin of the adults on our block, you could count on hooligans running around making some kind of noise or other from noon until dusk in the summer. Besides playing ball and “Release” – a kind of team-based game of tag – we would find all sorts of ways to occupy our time. Naturally, we would often do things that we weren’t supposed to do. But we had fun and it was a rare occasion when someone would get hurt.

Now, I was the kid who would play with dead things or bugs or whatever and frequently broke my toys for the hell of it. My friends would become especially exasperated when I would show off a new Hot Wheels car only to stomp it to bits. Or, when I was really bored, I would pretend to be crazy or weird in some way or other and the other kids would try to find ways for me to go as far with it as I could.

So, one day when some friends killed a pigeon in the basement entry beneath a porch, I was called on to dispose of it. We thought it would be great fun if I put it somewhere where someone would find it and then get grossed out. The first choice was the secret key-hiding place for one of our friends. He had walked over to his grandma’s house earlier in the day and we expected him back at any time. I climbed up on the railing of his porch and put the bird carcass on the little shelf of the awning where the key was. Sure enough, he came home shortly thereafter and as he reached for the key he saw the bird and got grossed out.

We laughed at him, of course. Then he wanted us to pull the prank on someone else so that he was not the only one who was pranked. It didn’t take long before I found another good hiding place for the dead pigeon – his neighbor’s car.

The family who lived next door to our friend consisted of an old woman, her three adult daughters and the husband of one of these daughters. I think the mother and the couple lived downstairs and the spinsters lived upstairs.

The thing about these ladies was that they were very much into animal’s rights. I believe one or two of them actually worked at an animal shelter. They definitely had more interaction with the menagerie they owned than with their neighbors. This being the case, I thought it would be funny to put the bird in one of their cars. Since we lived in a pretty safe neighborhood, everyone left their cars unlocked. I picked the car belonging to one of the unmarried daughters and deposited a little surprise for her. We didn’t stick around to see her reaction because we knew we would just get yelled at.

Before the week was out she committed suicide.

Now, I don’t know what else may have been going on in her life. But I’m pretty sure that my little prank pushed her closer, or possibly over, the edge. For any part that I may have played in her misery, I am truly sorry. If I could undo it somehow, I would. But I can’t. The woman is dead forever and one of the last events in her life was finding the lifeless body of something she held dear in her car.

It was just supposed to be a prank, damn it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story seahorse 07-06-05 1
 RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story universityofkentuckyrocks 07-06-05 2
 RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story zombiebaby 07-06-05 3
 RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story cahaya 07-06-05 4
 RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story KObrien_fan 07-07-05 5
 RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story syren 07-11-05 6
 RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story PhoenixMons 07-13-05 7
 RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story Schnookie Palookie 07-17-05 8
 RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story Dakota 08-01-05 9
 RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story PagongRatEater 08-04-05 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-06-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story"
Very interesting reading.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

universityofkentuckyrocks 2560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-06-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story"
Sad Story, very interesting.

UL will always suck in my book!

zombiebaby 7021 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story"
Good narrative. Sad story.

Thanks for sharing.

Look at me I got a Sweet Summer Syren Siggie!

cahaya 14104 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story"
Yours is a frightening, though well-told story. It's frightening because it shows just how small acts, whether they are done in kindness or in meanness, can possibly (though, even in the case of your story, not certainly) have a dramatic effect on someone.

The lesson in your story is unmistakeably clear. Take it to heart, but also don't let it get you down. We've all done things we've regretted in life, and the important thing is that we learn not to repeat them. Thank you for sharing your story.

"Timeless at lightspeed."

KObrien_fan 8204 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-05, 07:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story"
Well written and sad and makes a person take pause.

syren 5414 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-05, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story"
Interesting.

Thanks for sharing it.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-13-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story"
Wow. What a great story.

It's always easy to find blame within, isn't it? We do really stupid things sometimes without much thought given to the consequences, but you can't blame your actions for this woman's death. Easier said than done, I'm sure.

Thanks so much for sharing this. I'm sure it was very difficult for you to write.

Got blog?

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-05, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story"
Very sad story and nicely written.

Dakota 5133 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-05, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story"
Well written and sad. Not just for the woman, but the pigeon and those who enjoyed taking its life. Thank you for the story.

Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

PagongRatEater 12927 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-05, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SSC5 (NF) The Pigeon Story"
Wow. This is a great story and really makes you think. The tone and the writing is like good fiction, but you know that it's true. Very well done.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •