The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SSC5(FF?)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

brvnkrz 20471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-11-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SSC5(FF?)"
Ack, because I told Arkie that I would if she did. But I'm not sure if this belongs in flash fiction or not.

The creek that ran behind my house used to be full and lively and constantly flowing.
It was a man made creek created in the 1960's but my first memories of it are not until the 70's.
It was a beautiful creek. Pure, clean, a smooth flow to it.
It was a place I could go when I was frightened or when I felt creative or reflective. I often wonder how a child can be so reflective, but they can be.
I remember it being a place where I felt safe from the outisde world even when there was nothing to fear.
I can't remember the exact time when that creek started to become different and dark to me, or to be more exact, I can't remember why that creek started to become different and dark to me.
For some reason in my early years it just started to become a place that I feared.
Now when I look around, it is no longer beautiful willow trees and flowers and ravines covered in green. It has become dark and dreery and full of dead weeping willows and weeds and ravines covered in a blinding fog. A fog that makes me fear whatever it is that sits on the other side.
I tried to return to that safe place recently and found myself feeling empty and frightened and hurt and being in a place that I would never be able to find safety in again.
The creek is now full of rage; trying to destruct anything and everything that gets in it's way. I can see the anger and I can see the change and I can see the pain that the creek wants to inflict on anything in it's path. I can see that at the bottom of the creek there still sits something good but it can't be reached because of the raging rapids above it. I want to follow the banks of the creek until I can find it's beauty again, but my fear is that once I start to walk, what lies on the other side of the fog is just a ledge creating a water fall of more angry water dropping off into the abyss. So instead, I stand here, looking down into the creek, accepting that time has changed it forever into a raging flow of darkness and destruction. I can still come to the creek and reflect, just as I did as a child. But the reflections aren't nearly as creative nor nearly as hopeful as they once were.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SSC5(FF?) Glow 07-11-05 1
 RE: SSC5(FF?) arkiegrl 07-11-05 2
 RE: SSC5(FF?) cahaya 07-11-05 3
 RE: SSC5(FF?) seahorse 07-11-05 4
 RE: SSC5(FF?) zombiebaby 07-11-05 5
 RE: SSC5(FF?) syren 07-11-05 6
 RE: SSC5(FF?) SilverStar 07-11-05 7
 RE: SSC5(FF?) universityofkentuckyrocks 07-12-05 8
 RE: SSC5(FF?) AugustGirl 07-12-05 9
 RE: SSC5(FF?) Schnookie Palookie 07-12-05 10
 RE: SSC5(FF?) PhoenixMons 07-13-05 11
 RE: SSC5(FF?) Dakota 08-01-05 12
 RE: SSC5(FF?) Outfrontgirl 08-01-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14286 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SSC5(FF?)"
I'm not sure if it's flash fiction or not either but I love it. This is an amazing piece. You have great talent, Sunshine.

http://glowingiseasy.blogspot.com/

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

arkiegrl 9083 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-05, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SSC5(FF?)"
You have an amazing talent, and I'm so glad you shared this with everyone.

*smooch*

cahaya 14104 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SSC5(FF?)"
This is a reflective and somber piece. Initially, the creek seems to be a beautiful, secure place reflecting the innocence of childhood. Then it eventually becomes a place where that innocence is lost in dreariness, fear and uncertainty. This is a unique story in describing how something can grow to appear different over time as we become different within ourselves. I liked this story with the contrasting images it gives us, and additional pause for thought.

"Timeless at lightspeed."

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-05, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SSC5(FF?)"
You have a way with words.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

zombiebaby 7021 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-05, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SSC5(FF?)"
Bravie this is great! I love the transition of the piece. The whole piece is beautiful but just changes so wonderfully. The dark side is written just a beautifully!

Look at me I got a Sweet Summer Syren Siggie!

So much talent for a blonde !

syren 5414 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-05, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SSC5(FF?)"
Such a good read.
Thank you for sharing it.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-05, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SSC5(FF?)"
I'm proud of you, Carebear. *smooch*

I.Heart.Syren

universityofkentuckyrocks 2560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-12-05, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SSC5(FF?)"
Good writing.

UL will always suck in my book!

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-05, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SSC5(FF?)"
Who knew our Bravie had this in her? *raises hand* I did!

Good for you for posting this. I love it!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SSC5(FF?)"
Very proud of you Sistah! It's such a beautiful piece of writing. Well done!!

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-13-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SSC5(FF?)"
Great story, bravie! This is a great story about how a person's perspective can change coupled with the whole loss of innocence theme. Thanks so much for sharing!

Got blog?

Dakota 5133 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SSC5(FF?)"
All I could think was that we all need a safe place. No matter our age. We need to find a safe place.

Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

Outfrontgirl 5470 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-05, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SSC5(FF?)"
This definitely speaks to me!

One effective thing about the style is the way the sentence strcture and length alters as the piece progresses. You start out with simple short sentences to reflect the child's vision and the clarity of the early relationship with the creek.

Then as the creek changes and starts raging, you end up with a much longer paragraph of more complex prose packed with rage and flow and an angry waterfall ... presenting a density that you can't get out of back to the simple safe words and space.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •