The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of Hawaii"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 5470 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-23-05, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of Hawaii"
This is a group of some of favorite rainbow, sunset, sunrise pix that I have taken here in Hawaii and are also on my computer. I have many taken on film before digital was everywhere, so be glad I don't have the photo boxes unpacked!

I don't have fancy equipment or Photoshop (just HP Photo) or Photoshop skills. Would that I did! I wanted the colors to be as they were in nature so I've made a point not to adjust the hues at all. Apologies for the erratic sizing: it's what I had to do to get the file size down to meet the 75KB limit without reducing the resolution more than necessary.

Photos start out on the dry lee coast of the Big Island, where the sun sets into the ocean. Second group is shot on the rainy rainbowy tropical jungle coast north of Hilo Bay, where the sunset colors are soft and the sunrises brilliant.

Last photo is my favorite: sunset from the summit of Mauna Kea, site of the observatory.

Sunset over Bougainvillea

Kohala Sunset

Series of 4: A Mahukona Sunset from Glorious to Pastel

This last photo is from same spot, but looking northwest across the channel to Maui.

Easter at Anaehoomalu Bay

Gotta have one pic of a beach!
Easter Sunday sunset at lovely Anaehoomalu Bay, all in Spring pastels.

RAINBOWS and SUNSHOWS over HILO BAY
They say it rains too much in Hilo. As they say in Hawaii: No rain, no rainbows!

These shots are all taken from the back yard of my last house, in Papaikou HI, looking northeast towards the Hamakua coast or east towards Hilo bay.

Beautiful setting ... too close to the highway. Thunderous semi-trucks shaking the house. Yes, but otherwise I couldn't have afforded such a fantastic view. I miss the place, for all the traffic vibrations, although I don't miss the hordes of mosquitoes that lurked in all that jungle foliage.

Double Rainbow Hilo Bay

White Seabird Crossing Rainbow

Rainbow in Reflected Sunset

Midsummer Sunrise

And now for something completely different ...
Autumnal equinox at the summit of Mauna Kea, just after sunset. Don't overlook glorious Venus at the top of the photo. Elevation of nearly 14,000 feet, oxygen thinnish.
Shot on film (and scanned in, so it's not as sharp as it may have been but the soft edges are part of the look).

Mauna Kea sunset--top of the island world

Mahalo for sharing my memories!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of... seahorse 07-24-05 1
 RE: SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of... motormouth 07-24-05 2
 RE: SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of... cahaya 07-24-05 3
 RE: SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of... Puffy 07-27-05 4
 RE: SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of... mysticwolf 07-29-05 5
 RE: SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of... syren 08-07-05 6
 RE: SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of... MakeItStop 08-07-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-05, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of Hawaii"
Very nice pics, I really want to visit.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

motormouth 4421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-24-05, 02:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of Hawaii"
Wow! Those are just stunning! Thanks for sharing them!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

cahaya 14104 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-05, 03:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of Hawaii"
Nice pics! My fav is the first rainbow one.

"Timeless at lightspeed"

Puffy 6091 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-05, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of Hawaii"
Breathtaking! I'm booking a flight today!

mysticwolf 10627 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-05, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of Hawaii"
I think I like Midsummer Sunrise, Easter, and the Mahukona Sunset set (particularly the last 2) the best, but they are all very lovely. Gorgeous, in fact.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites

syren 5414 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-05, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of Hawaii"
Very Very beautiful.

Thank you.

MakeItStop 1096 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-07-05, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SSC5(PH) Sunshows & Rainbows of Hawaii"
OFG, these photos are just gorgeous! What a variety of sunsets -- I love that! Aren't you the lucky one to live in Hawaii?!!!

If you want breakfast in bed then sleep in the kitchen.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •