The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S35 | Confessionals"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Flowerpower1 4375 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-24-17, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Confessionals Episode 4"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-17 AT 05:14 PM (EST)

episode | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | total
Ryan hust| 5 | 3 | 4 | 1 | 13
Jessica heal| 1 | * | 4 | 5 | 10
Ali hust| 2 | 3$| 3 | 1 | 9
Alan hero| 5 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 9X
Lauren hust| 1 | 2 | 4 | 2 | 9
Ben hero| 2 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 8
Joe heal| 2$| 2 | 1 | 3 | 8
Ashley hero| 3 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 7
Cole heal| * | 2 | 2 | 2 | 6
Chrissy hero| 2 | 2 | * | 2 | 6
Devon hust| 1 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 6
Desi heal| 1 | * | 1 | 3 | 5
Mike heal| 3$| * | * | 1 | 4
Roark heal| 1 | * | 1 | 1 | 3
JP hero| 1 | 1 | * | * | 2

F18 Katrina hero| 1 | 1X
F17 Simone hust| * | 2 | 2X
F17 Patrick hust| 1 | 2 | 3 | 6X

$ = Money Quote, million dollar quote

This week the star of the show was Jessica with 5 confessionals, and she jumps up to the second highest total of everyone. Hmmmm?

Her first confessional was in regard to reacting to the swap...looked over at Cole and he had the red buff too, my palms were sweaty, my heart was racing...reactionary.

Next confessional was in regard to finding the secret advantage:
While the whole tribe is getting to know each other, I look in my chip bag and there is, to my surprise, the words, secret advantage. It looked like a big chip, I almost ate it. And, then I am like well that would have been awful! giggle. I probably stared at it a little too long, then I was like, Jessica, you are staring at your chips too long, until I can get a better read on it, so then I just rolled it up. Then, she reads the note, and continues, Right now I feel like I have a ton of power ~ I have the opportunity to block another players vote at the next TC. She reads more and then continues again...I can only imagine what kind of chaos this could cause when it’s actually used, so I feel lucky that I found it. Somebodies angel was like, bing, there you go, my friend.

Third confessional was after Mike told her that Lauren knew about her advantage...When he said that they know about your secret advantage, everything in me crashed. Because, only 2 people knew, Cole and Mike. So, one of them opened their mouth.

She goes on in her fourth confessional:
Cole burned me bad. He can’t even keep a secret for a day.......He hurt me, whether he meant to or not, he did. But, I would never admit that to him. When I get hurt I always wonder, was it me? And, did I choose to form a relationship with someone that I just shouldn’t have, and that’s why I got hurt. That’s how I feel now with Cole. Did I make a poor decision from the beginning, and how do I move forward in this game thinking that? So, yeah, I had to swallow that, yeah, it hurt.

Her last confessional came after the IC win. She comments on using her advantage...Tonight, I have the opportunity to block someones vote at TC. The goal is to help the healers. The goal is to disrupt the Levu tribe as much as I can.

Joe, Devon, and Desi had 3 confessionals, because they were in the tribe that goes to TC. Devon, in particular was in the swing position and was integral to the action. Joe, was strategic. He was going to play the idol, he needed to behave to get them to choose him to vote for. He was observant, and he came out on top. Definitely rough around the edges, but effective. Desi was reactionary.

We didn't hear from Joe until the swap and reward challenge were over. His first one sized up his thoughts: Thanks to the swap, it’s a whole new game. When I was with the Healers we won every challenge, so I had no worries. But, now, I am not as confident. I do have an idol but I am not taking any chances. Devon’s a swing vote but I want him on my side. This confessional is interrupted by us seeing Joe tell Devon that the Heroes came to them and said they wanted Devon out. It continued: I may be a healer but I am also a strategic player, so I said, listen Devon, the two heroes, they want to vote you out, see Alan..., but, I made it up, and I don’t care. You know this is a game of being deceitful so I am gonna do what I have to do...

I have to say that I am warming to Joe. Definitely rough around the edges, but he's a player.

The second confessional is after they lose the IC and TC is looming and he sets his plan...Devon, he could be playing with me. I think he has this emotional connection with Ashley. He’s a surfer dude and Ashley is all about the water so, I don’t feel confident....I’m gonna have to play the idol, but if they vote out Desi, then I just wasted an idol and I am next, so? See Ashely and Alan in the shelter. So, If I am gonna get one of them out, I have to make sure that they vote for me.

His last confessional creates doubt to the success of his plan: I am kind of nervous, I wanted to create some chaos, but now it’s backfired and Desi is afraid it’s her. I was just like, crap!

Devon as the swing vote is central to the action on his tribe. He first reacts to Joe telling him the Heroes want him out...I don’t know if I can really trust Joe. But, this is really the first time that I have felt, shoot, I might be going home next...so, I gotta figure out my next move. (We see Alan and Ashley walking on the beach together.)...Or, I feel like I could be in big trouble. Scene ends with a close up of Devon looking worried.

Next, Devon tells us that he's not as dumb as he appeared to be...When Joe told me they were trying to vote me out, I had this feeling that I was being talked to like by a car salesman. I was like, this might be a lie. And, now, I think it was. (See Joe)...I think I can trust Ash, and Alan seems like a straight forward guy too, so, Joe’s a snake. And, I don’t like having snakes around. Our title, and I note that the title was spoken by one going to TC.

His last confessional was the last of the episode right before TC, and it was in regard to finding the secret advantage in his bag, which he mistakenly takes for a good thing...We’re about to go to Tribal, and I discover in my bag a secret advantage. If I have a secret admirer, that is a beautiful thing! It could be an extra vote, it could be anything. I have no idea. But, with that, and being the swing vote, I have all the power in my hands.

Desi has a narrational confessional, optimistic after the swap...The swap worked out really well for me, we have 3 of the strongest men, (focus, zoom in on Alan), we have Ashley who is a super strong swimmer, so I know, I think that we are in a great situation physically. I don’t think there is any reason we couldn’t dominate. Her second one was sizing them up upon arrival at their beach post RC...Right now we have 2 heroes, we have Alan and Ashley, 2 Healers, Me and Joe, and one, in what I think is the strongest of all the Hustlers, in Devon, in the middle. See Devon. (See Alan) It would be easy for the 4 of us to just vote Devon out, but I would rather work with him because he is potentially the swing vote. Her last is also narrating events that had occurred just prior...Joe has lost his mind. He just blew up camp and in the process he blew up both of our games. It was an idiotic move. Now, my names on the chopping block. (Crying) I am just pissed off. I’m already devastated and we haven’t even gone to TC...

Alan, Lauren, Ben, Ashley, Cole and Chrissy all have 2 confessionals. Alan and Ashley had two, and they were in the midst of the drama.

Alan did not have a confessional until after they lose the IC, BUT, he was very present all over the episode. They zoomed in on him at every turn. When they arrived at challenge beach pre-swap, during the swap, during the RC, and after. Then, when they returned to camp, Ashley and Alan spoke to each other and he noted they had history, but he would NOT write her name down...we see him zoomed in at the IC as well, he performed amazingly well, and was the reason his tribe was first going under the netting part. We did not hear him bash Ashley for not going faster with the locks. His first confessional: We lost again. We got me and Ash, you got Desi and Joe, you got Devon. See Devon. No question that Devon is the swing vote and whoever he goes with is gonna come out on top. His second confessional is the second to the last of the episode where he sizes it up: Now, everything is up in the air cause if he pulls out the idol, and we write his name down, then one of us is going home. He accurately assesses the position they are in.

Ashley first reacts to Alan being on her tribe post swap: If there was one person out of all 3 tribes that I did not want on my new tribe, that would have been Alan. (See Alan). He’s proven to be this wild card, you know he’ll just call you out and throw you under the bus and he’s already done it to me and so, I was really nervous....Luckily, I think Alan is a as nervous as I am, even though I don’t trust him, I do trust that he doesn’t want to go home.

Then, after Joe goes off after the IC loss...Joe wants to talk about who we are getting rid of and of course it’s my name that comes up....This is total bullcrap, I don’t think I am the weakest by any means. I don’t know what Joe’s plan is because he has to know the more he pisses people off, people are going to want to get rid of him.

With this, the Alan vs. Ashley conflict is resolved. If you look at their confessionals, they mirror each others. Interesting. Both started out with a bang, then they had one confessional each per episode, and then 2 this episode.

Chrissy had the first confessional of the show and it was narrational...It’s day 9 and we were all starting to get a little bit comfortable. But, when Jeff says drop your buffs, all of that gets erased, and it’s a brand new game.

Her second: Chrissy in confessional with enthusiasm: Ryan, he blew my mind, he totally gave me the super idol and seriously made me feel so loved. I thought what was it that he looked over at me on that ship and thought I looked like a kind person he wanted to play this game with? Maybe he thought that I looked like his mother? Smile. And, he wanted to play the game with his mother. I don’t know?....I am absolutely thrilled, I feel very very secure because now I have one more person that can help me get further in this game.

(Regardless that I thought he gave her the idol because she was the obvious weak link....lost the challenge, collapsed, vomited....doesn't matter, it's how it made her feel. Ryan earned big points with Chrissy, handled himself very well!)

Ben's confessional: First one is his reaction to the swap...Being split up from Chrissy, that’s a shot in the foot right there. Things were well oiled and greased and things were moving, see a shot of Ben and Chrissy looking at each other from separate mats. ...So, I am going to have to put some work in and I am not just going to roll over and die. But, my odds at this point are real low to move forward, I’m scared.

He continues after the RC, which they won. He notes, First initial impression of our tribe, there is a little bit of comfort in knowing that we work well together, and won that PB & J. (See Jessica, then Lauren) 3 Healers, 1 Hustler, and 1 Hero, that’s a target, Bang, right on my tail........so I have to earn my way around here and gain trust to keep my butt in the game.

Lauren also had 2 confessionals regarding Cole telling her about Jessica's secret confessional...Supposedly, Jessica got an advantage in the bottom of her chip bag, which is odd that Cole told us that. It could be that Cole just told us that to make us believe in him. (See Jessica and Cole dancing)...And, if he is, that’s just great. But, I would rather put my faith in my own hands so I will be using your little secret to my advantage. Her second: Ben and I are a little out numbered here. The only way to gain a little bit of control here would be to get Dr. Mike to join us. See Mike, with them. So, if Dr. Mike doesn’t know that Jessica got the advantage, I’m going to use that against those two...see Cole go under water.

Lauren is a clinical player. Her biggest weakness is her social interaction, and she knows it. I have to say that I am enjoying her. I'd like to see her and Joe on the same tribe.

Cole had 2 confessionals as well. He's clinical this episode as well. He employed a strategy in the past and it worked so he's going to do it again...Jessica just gave me a huge piece of knowledge and knowledge is power in Survivor. When I shared with Jessica that Joe had an idol, instantly her next move was to give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek, and say I trust you now, Cole. So, I plan to use that method with other people.

The second was after Mike told that Lauren knew...In my head I am instantly just like, crap crap crap...Jessica is going to look at me and think Cole, you betrayed me.

Ryan, Ali, Mike, and Roark all have one confessional each.

Ali: She spoke after the RC win...Now that the H, H, H are all switched up, you have to step up a level, and you gotta perform! And, perform she did for the win.

Ryan had one in regard to being happy that he was on the same tribe as Chrissy...The swap brings such anxiety, but I was very lucky that Chrissy swapped onto my tribe because I awarded her the super immunity idol that I found on the boat on day one and I ensured her that she would not be the one going home that night, so I have an in!

Mike finally comes out from under the radar and has this confessional: So, Lauren says, there was an advantage in the game, which clearly somebody from my tribe has then told her. It is clear to me it is Cole. (See Cole with the snorkel gear smiling at Jessica)....Because Cole, sometimes he can’t keep his mouth shut and those things come back to bite you in the butt.... This confessional is really narrational.

And, finally, Roark has one as well, which is her reaction from the swap...narrational...The new Soko consists of myself, JP & Chrissy from Heroes, and Ryan and Ali from the Hustlers. I pretty much went from the tribe of 6 Healers that were super tight to the lone healer at Soko beach. This confessional was redundant, as Jiffy pointed out the exact same thing immediately after their buffs were revealed.

JP flies under the radar...

Conflicts: I wanted to talk about conflicts. They are often set up at the beginning of the season. In the first episode we had these conflicts: Ashley vs Alan; I won't say JP, because he never really commented on it, nor did he at TC, it was Ashley that reacted to Alan. Patrick vs. Lauren. Joe vs. Mike. It is why when you play the game of Survivor you should be chill and get along with everyone. Asserting yourself and your opinions can spell demise. So, in the early stages, a lot of the boots are conflict resolutions. Last episode we saw the Lauren vs. Patrick conflict settled. This week, the Ashley vs. Alan conflict is resolved. Lauren trumped Patrick, but Ashley and Alan buried the hatchet/conflict to commit to working together, but were outplayed. Two ways that conflicts are resolved.

Some of the later conflicts we are being set up with: Joe vs. Cole, Jessica vs. Cole. Despite Jessica and Cole's attraction, they are now in conflict.

We heard that Desi, along with Roark, were game to blindside Joe, earlier. But, Desi knew that Joe had the idol, so when Joe told her he had it and would play it for her, I am sure that served to bond Desi more to Joe. Joe was forthcoming to her. Let's face it, as long as you have Joe along with you, he's clearly going to be the bigger target. Sticking to Joe could serve Desi well, but she better have a back up plan, as Joe is a very large target.

Now, I would like to comment on Jessica, who strikes me as spoiled, naiive, entitled, disrespectful, and immature. There is no way that I see her winning this game. She doesn't stop to think that since everyone knows about her secret advantage, it could come back to bite her later. She's just not a savvy player. Her arc is in full swing. It could signify that these events will school her, and perhaps she could turn into a longer lasting journey player, OR, they may signify the beginning of her end. However, with the tribe that she is on, I see her as at slight risk this episode.

Safe: Cole, Ben, Chrissy, Lauren, Mike(he came out from under the radar but we know he finds the HII, and I don't think this is his final arc), Ryan & Ali: Both have a big dip down to 1 confessional but they have each other and thanks to Ryan, they have Chrissy and the majority)
Slight Risk: Jessica(her arc has peaked, no where to go but down?), Devon & Desi: both jumped up to 3 confessionals from 1, slight risk. JP ~ He is under the radar and a candidate for a surprise boot, BUT, he's the strongest of only 2 guys on his tribe, they need him.
At Risk: Joe, Ashley, Roark

Joe has a spike from 1 - 3, he's without an idol, and Desi has spoken in the past how she doesn't like him. Ashley is the lone Hero, if Devon doesn't want to go to rocks, she could be toast. Roark: She's had 1 confessional the last 2 episodes, but she really doesn't say anything. She is an easy target as the lone yellow...This could be her final arc.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S35 | Confessionals   Flowerpower1     10-01-17       
   RE: S35 | Confessionals   kingfish     10-01-17     1  
   RE: S35 | Confessionals   Sheldor     10-03-17     2  
   Confessionals Episode 2   Flowerpower1     10-06-17     3  
     RE: Confessionals Episode 2   Sheldor     10-06-17     4  
   Confessionals Episode 3   Flowerpower1     10-14-17     5  
     RE: Confessionals Episode 3   Sheldor     10-16-17     6  
         RE: Confessionals Episode 3   Flowerpower1     10-17-17     7  
   Confessionals Episode 4   Flowerpower1     10-24-17     8  
   Ep 5 Confessionals   Flowerpower1     10-31-17     9  
   Episode 6 Confessionals   Flowerpower1     11-06-17     10  
     RE: Episode 6 Confessionals   michel2     11-06-17     11  
     RE: Episode 6 Confessionals   Sheldor     11-08-17     12  
         RE: Episode 6 Confessionals   Flowerpower1     11-08-17     13  
             RE: Episode 6 Confessionals   michel2     11-08-17     14  
             RE: Episode 6 Confessionals   Sheldor     11-10-17     15  
   Episode 7 Confessionals ~ the merge   Flowerpower1     11-14-17     16  
     RE: Episode 7 Confessionals ~ the m...   Sheldor     11-15-17     17  
         RE: Episode 7 Confessionals ~ the m...   michel2     11-15-17     18  
             RE: Episode 7 Confessionals ~ the m...   Sheldor     11-15-17     19  
                 RE: Episode 7 Confessionals ~ the m...   Flowerpower1     11-16-17     20  
                 RE: Episode 7 Confessionals ~ the m...   michel2     11-16-17     21  
   Confessionals Episode 8   Flowerpower1     11-21-17     22  
     RE: Confessionals Episode 8   michel2     11-21-17     23  
         RE: Confessionals Episode 8   Sheldor     11-22-17     24  
   Confessionals Episode 9   Flowerpower1     11-28-17     25  
     RE: Confessionals Episode 9   Sheldor     11-29-17     26  
         RE: Confessionals Episode 9   Sheldor     11-30-17     27  
   Confessionals Episode10 & 11   Flowerpower1     12-06-17     28  
     RE: Confessionals Episode10 & 11   CTgirl     12-06-17     29  
   Episode 12 Confessionals....   Flowerpower1     12-10-17     30  
     RE: Episode 12 Confessionals....   kingfish     12-10-17     31  
         RE: Episode 12 Confessionals....   Flowerpower1     12-10-17     32  
             RE: Episode 12 Confessionals....   Sheldor     12-12-17     33  
   Episode 13 Confessionals...   Flowerpower1     12-17-17     34  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •