LAST EDITED ON 03-03-12 AT 07:01 AM (EST)
Indeed, Arubaba, Chivalry is not dead. More on that later.
Otherwise, I have some grand disagreements with Aruba, which is all the better.
1. Chelsea - This was HER episode, entirely. The edit used her breakdown to illustrate the low point for the women, as well as highlight the conflict set up by having men vs. women on the same beach, a conflict she escalated by reneging on the chickens. The edit then used her, Kim, and Monica's successful fishing trip to show the turnaround the women had made, capped off by an IC win immediately after. She had more than twice as many confessionals as anyone else, being the first to have more than Sabrina and Colton in an episode. The episode started with a confessional by her, and she was the last woman to speak before the men went to TC. From the camera at the beginning focusing on her face lit by firelight to the sexy shot of her crawling out of her shelter in her white and gold leggings, she is easily the star of the show for me. I'm not going to blame a woman for being cold because it has been proven by science that they ARE. Might as well blame God for that one.
2. Kim - Broke out of her silence last episode by having two confessionals this time around. She was with Chelsea when Colton and Jonas offered their shelter, and she was also with Chelsea on the key fishing trip. Her, Chelsea and Christina also appeared to be the main women assisting Sabrina during the IC. She doesn't have the personal story that Chelsea and Sabrina have, yet, but they are eventual challenge threats and she is not, which could be a key advantage. Her path is clear: get to the F5 with her current alliance, and then side with Alicia and Kat and take them to the Finals. Ball Game.
3. Sabrina - Still the leader of Salani and deserves props for the two challenge wins, both of which she was instrumental in. Her edit did take a step back, but perhaps that was just inevitable, considering how heavy it was before. Frankly, she actually got whooped in the IC by Bill. Fortunately for her and Salani, the challenge was created to come down to the very end because whoever was behind had an easy view to simply copy off the tribe that was ahead. Watch it again and you should notice that the first 7 pieces that she put on the puzzle were pieces that Bill already had on. Coincidence? No. She beat him on the last piece though, that was all that mattered.
4. Jonas - Keeps his spot here even though the men are still straggling. He and Colton went above and beyond in offering their shelter before the "massive @ss storm" (something likely discussed by all the men). Perhaps they were just offering it to Chelsea and Kim. (Good call!) He eventually soured on the women taking advantage of the men's generosity and got one confessional to share that. Behind the scenes, he was one of the guys Matt wanted in his group, which shows how approachable HE is.
5. Troy - He got a strong edit among the men, and I dig him as a character. He was nice to immediately acquiesce to Chelsea's request to warm herself, though what guy would deny her at that moment I don't know, and he has been seen "playing nice" with the ladies a couple times. Definitely a player. I'm not sure he made the right decision in choosing the Misfits over the Frat Boys though. Like Jimmy Vegas once said, keep the bigger targets around. At the minimum he needs to flush the idol. Plus, he LOST TO KAT in a laughable challenge sequence. Still, he ultimately swayed the vote to Matt.
6. Christina - She got a sequence of 8 objects in one try to seal the deal for the women and shut out the men in the RC. She also, as usual, gave plenty of help in the IC. On the other hand, she is on the chopping block, and the edit moved away from her. We might be looking at one more boot before a tribal switch. She needs that boot to be a man.
7. Monica - Much the same boat as Christina except that the edit picked up for her where it declined for Christina. Was the first woman to catch a fish. Had the guts to get an ember from the guys. Needs a tribal switch the same as Christina.
8. Leif - Has no edit, but unlike the other guys, he has decided chivalry over the game. He gave Monica and Kat an ember before the other guys could even negotiate. That is probably why he has no edit, but it is deserving of props from me.
9. Zoltan the Gay Blade - Haha... And so it begins... Colton made a complete @SS of himself this episode and was even called out (rightly) by both Bill and Jeff at TC. However, a non-PC effeminate gay man?? This is just too great to be true! Now that he has some power, he has embraced the black hat, and I think he is going to make a great Survivor villain. Thus, he begins to move up my list.
10. Kat - Like her or not, she also got a piece of the edit and a confessional. She is clearly under Alicia's wing and appears to be going far.
11. Jay - Obviously is likable enough that Misfits had no problem adding him. He still however has sown no seeds with the women and doesn't appear to have a long term game.
12. Michael - Was MIA this episode except for being indignant at the women. If it is decent enough for Matt to go clam hunting, then it should have been fine for some of the men to stand outside the shelter while the women took a moment to warm themselves. Do you really think the women being cold and wet is going to help you win challenges? Wrong.
13. Bill - I can see why he was casted. He has a lot of energy and a fruity personality. Of course, isn't he a comedian? His statement about One World being dead was justified, and his claim that Colton prejudged them was dead on. He should stay just to continue annoying Colton. "It is all fun and games until you are right here, right now." Haha...
14. Tarzan - Flexed some muscle and showed that Kat's first guess that he was leading might not have been as far off as we thought. He might not be leading, but it is clear that he WANTS to. He appears to have Bill as a floater, and ultimately, he got his way with Matt being voted out. He clearly annoys his own alliance however due to his penchant for not keeping his mouth shut. He also annoys me.
15. Alicia - Keeps her bottom spot just due to lack of edit, which was a positive thing about this episode. Poor Chelsea that Alicia came along to warm herself up. When Jay angrily mentioned taking the boat, Alicia couldn't keep her mouth shut and ultimately got herself and Chelsea booted from the fire. Big surprise.
Kourtney - bummer
Nina - beyond predictable
Matt - Men vs. women was never going to be his game. I believe he was probably the victim of a harsh edit, which was used to fit the "chivalry is dead" theme of the first couple episodes. Even though it wouldn't have been my game, he was justified to treat the women as adversaries. I also doubt that he truly had only a 4 man alliance. He said in a mostly useless post interview that Colton was supposed to be their floater. Poor choice considering Colton's fear of testosterone. If he would have approached Troy in the first place, maybe the story would have been different.