The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-08-12, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
History was made with Manono being the first tribe to attend TC after winning the IC. Several tribes before them also wanted TC, but they made that decision PRIOR to the IC and essentially threw the challenge to go. If a tribal switch occurs next episode it will minimize the effect of this ridiculous decision. If this is a season where the original two tribes stay intact up to a merge, it will be a huge blunder. Time will tell.

My top three from last week will stay the same because no one else made any positive move this episode to crack my top tier.

1) SABRINA (1,1,1) - Her confessional referencing Greg's "crusty A$$" was my favorite moment of the episode. And sorry for beating a dead horse, but Colton possessing the HII remains the biggest factor thus far--made possible by Sabrina.

2) TROY (5,4,2) - Troy and Jay appeared to be not all that keen on going to TC. A Colton blindside would have been great; problem is you need five Manono's to pull that off--and it's doubtful they would get that majority with this bunch. His "is anyone home?" confessional about the "emotional women" was fun to hear.

3) JAY (3,7,3) - As the warden said in the movie The Longest Yard, "to get along, you gotta go along." It's still very much of a team game and majority rules even if Jay was not completely on board. I'm still surprised, for his strength and stature, he's not high on the Misfit's hit list.

4) MONICA (9,9,9) - Sorry Greg, but Monica's clutch final shot to win the RC was not "luck." It's great you can deal with a few snails and a forkful of rice to get you through the day in true Survivor fashion, but I'm not sure that speaks for the others. If Salani went to TC she could have been at risk, but she lives at least a few more days and could do better in a mixed tribe.

5) CHRISTINA (6,2,6) - She went from Dead Hottie Walking in ep. 1 to an accepted tribemate in ep. 4. Sure she was helped by the greatest Reality Show divide with Nina's boot, but her good work ethic and smart humility with b!tchy Alicia and the Airheads helped tremendously.

6) LEIF (4,3,7) - I believe it was more a case of Leif just slipping up as opposed to a deliberate breach of trust. Honest mistake or not, he put a major target on himself, although I credit him with the way he handled it in the aftermath. Got a kick out of the scene when he jumped onto the table after the IC win and into the arms of his teammates.

7) KIM (9,5,4) - As far as potential is concerned she could be higher, but based on this episode I'm putting her here. Her biggest moment in ep. 4 was critiquing Jonas' "it doesn't matter to me" line. But what she didn't realize is Jonas was too nice to complete the line. What he probably wanted to say is, "it doesn't matter to me if you girls are too darn stubborn and emotional to know a good thing when you hear it."

8) JONAS (13,6,5) - So he would take a man up over reward any day?...HMMM, I guess Day 11 wasn't such a day. It's great he acquired fishing skills in Hawaii; it would have been better if he acquired some balls. This marshmellow better grow a set soon if he wants to move up my list and not get pushed over by others in the game. It's sad he used the inability to practice as an excuse for losing the RC. Must have felt like a horse's a$$ when Bill remarked appropriately, "Neither did they."

9) MICHAEL (7,11,9) - Yes Greg is old; yes Leif is short; and yes Colton is gay...but when old, short, gay men constitute a majority, guys like you are screwed--get it? But could be the sweepstakes winner if we have a tribal switch next episode.

10) CHELSEA (2,8,8) - Wore half the goat horns for her pitiful performance with Alicia in the IC. Not that I personally think there's a direct correlation, but if she used the size of their boobs as an excuse for being too stupid to solve the puzzle, she'd have more believers than when she blamed them for not crossing the balance beam. Luckily she escaped Jeff's scrutiny with the focus put on Alicia...maybe because of the stink Alicia caused back at camp prior to the IC. And no I don't think you're a "b!tch" for not considering Jonas' offer. Stubborn? Yes. Emotional? Definitely. But not B!tchy.

11) KAT (12,14,12) She did most of the "rubbing in" after Salani's RC win. Another fall (no, make that jump) off the balance beam would humble her rather quickly. Once again her fear of failing came to the forefront during Salani's pre-IC strategy. If she doesn't conquer that fear, or find a rich W-2 to jump all over, she's got a tough life ahead of her.

12) ALICIA (16,16,12) - Huh? What? I'm not worthy as a partner to solve puzzles??? Well your IC performance did nothing to contradict scaredy-Kat's fear. But I must admit she handled Jeff's relentless criticism about as well as anyone could have at that moment. She's not much to look at below her boobies and doesn't seem to have much above the boobies either.

13) COLTON (15,15,10) - I'm actually beginning to feel a little sorry for this loser. This boy is in serious need of professional help. I love Iltarion's comparing Colton's use of his gift HII to putting on the headlights when driving at night. I'll expand on that analogy and take it a step further and say it's like owning a car with the headlights that come on automatically when you start it up. Couple that with the agreement all castaways sign prohibiting them from striking another player, it provides a perfect shield for Colton's obnoxious and unruly behavior.

14) GREG (11,12,15) - Where do I start? I've never called a 64-year old hairy man a whiny B!tch before, but there's a first for everything. He showed what a sore loser he was calling Salani's RC victory "lucky." He showed what a sore winner he was by crying foul even when Manono had it in the bag. "Cheating" is when you break the rules. Looking at the other tribe's puzzles was not only allowable, it was encouraged by Jeff; so be mad at him. His civil rights speech at TC would have made sense if Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Spike Lee were playing the game. I can understand kissing the a$$ of the HII holder, but kissing the a$$ of someone you're voting out and not on the jury is another of the many reasons I rank you last.

BOOTED) BILL (10,10,14) - If not booted I would have moved him up for being the voice of reason this episode. Props for acknowledging the girls as competitors, for tactfully letting Jonas know his excuse for losing was lame, and for his accurate assessment of Colton. Sadly Bill was the victim of the HII holder's insecurities and sociological issues. If any booted player's parting words had the right to be filled with anger and malice it was Bill's, but his were quite the contrary. Kudos to him!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... michel 03-08-12 1
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... iltarion 03-09-12 4
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... michel 03-09-12 5
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-09-12 10
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... michel 03-10-12 14
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-10-12 17
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-09-12 8
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... michel 03-10-12 13
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-10-12 16
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... TxMom2011 03-09-12 2
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... iltarion 03-09-12 3
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... michel 03-09-12 6
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-09-12 9
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... Toban 03-09-12 7
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-09-12 11
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... SpotTheDiffference 03-10-12 12
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-10-12 15
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... michel 03-10-12 18
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... garyc 03-11-12 19
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... michel 03-11-12 20
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... iltarion 03-11-12 21
 Tallies dabo 03-14-12 22
   RE: Tallies Aruba 03-14-12 23
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe... Belle Book 05-27-12 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-12, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-12 AT 11:40 PM (EST)

"(Troy's) "is anyone home?" confessional about the "emotional women" was fun to hear."

Don't you think that, per chance, this confessional was included for its ironic content? The men would soon prove to be too emotional and show that nobody's home...

And, since no one has been willing to share this season, why would the women accept Jonas' offer when they can catch fish and were eating well at that very moment?! Any reason why they should believe the catch would really be shared 50-50%?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-12, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"

Right, but Troy's confessional was still fun to hear, even with that all being the case.

And you monitor it, that's how you know you're getting 50%. If you don't get your due, then you don't let them use it anymore.

Its not that difficult.

>

03-09-12, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
Monitor it? As if Jonas couldn't have hidden some of the fish? Hiding food has been done before and the guys are proven thieves. Why give them a chance to steal once more?

03-09-12, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
Come on Michel...are you being serious, or just trying to get a charge out of Iltarion?

Even though Jonas appears to be the only one who knows how to use the net do you REALLY think between Sabrina, Monica, and Kim, they'd let him go out with the net unsupervised?

03-10-12, 03:01 AM (EST)
14. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
To work, a net has to be left out there for a while. Now, if they are smart, they will not stay away from camp all that time or else they could lose more than just fish. Anything can happen during that time, including losing the net.

Funny thing though is that Jonas was holding a net later on when he talked to Colton about giving the women immunity. Some things weren't shown.

03-10-12, 07:31 AM (EST)
17. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
Clearly my thoughts were based on me believing that Jonas was not lying about knowing how to use a fishing net. If he was lying, then I'll take back what I said and am OK with the net being wasted because no one in this cast knows how to use it.

If he wasn't lying about his know-how being raised in Hawaii, then he would have as much chance "losing the net" as Colton would have dating a woman.

03-09-12, 08:58 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
Not EVERY second of footage is all about irony and symbolism. I believe the purpose for showing Jonas' offer and Troy's confessional was to let the viewers know the fishing net Salani won in the RC is laying dormant in camp because no Salani member knows how to use it. And the women's emotional feeling about that is if WE can't use it, then NO ONE uses it.

No one has been willing to share??? Manono tribemates shared the warmth of their fire to the suffering women during the monsoon. And Leif gave Salani (Monica) ambers. These facts were noted in Iltarion's post about chivalry...but since you disagreed with him on his post I'm not going to rehash that argument.

Yes Monica stated she's OK with living on sparse rations, but I'm not sold on the fact she speaks for EVERYONE. And women can catch fish? Unless MB can treat the viewers to another miracle of "the fishes and the loaves," when three women go on a fishing expedition and catch a grand total of three small fish for seven women I hardly call that sufficient.

The girls refusal of Jonas' offer was much more of a snap decision compared to the deliberation Manono made to attend TC. I don't know exactly how much time transpired between IC and TC but I'd say it took a fair part of the day to come to a majority concensus.

Do I think it was an absurd decision?...without question. And I'll see you halfway and say if Greg or Colton gave that confessional I could see the "irony" you are referencing and I would have never mentioned it in my ranking. Troy made the confession and IMHO I could tell by body language, expression, and how they answered Jeff's questions at TC that Jay and Troy were not thrilled to be there. But when the game it still tribe dynamics, majority will rule.

03-10-12, 02:58 AM (EST)
13. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
Ambers!!! Mariano will certainly not agree to share Amber!

As for majority will rule, I have to ask what majority? Bill, Jay and Michael weren't part of that majority while Leif had been thrown out of it. The tribe had 8 players so, already their was no majority. If A-N-Y-O-N-E of the Misfits had been smart enough to realize it then 1 vote switch was all that was needed to send Colton packing and to have a new majority. But Tarzan and Jonas were already too far up his butt and Troy is clearly not smart enough to see that big opening. That was the only thing preventing this from being the Best.Episode.Ever.

Now, with Colton there acting as one of the biggest dividers ever, Manono is still a fractured tribe, one in which the outsiders could easily take over if they team up with some of the women.

03-10-12, 07:21 AM (EST)
16. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
"Ambers!!! Mariano will certainly not agree to share Amber!"

It's AMB-"A" you would ask Mariano to share...not Ambers. LOL

I'm sure the opening was seen...but to make this blindside work TWO things need to happen: 1) you must have FIVE votes (this goes without saying) and 2) NO ONE can tell or slip to Colton. With this banner group (compliments of Production's neverending casting debacles) this was much easier said than done...especially pulling off #2.

I agree that Troy would have been a good candidate to orchestrate a Colton blindside, but should he have had 100% confidence in rounding up the necessary numbers?

Let's go down the line starting with Leif. Fresh off spilling the beans to Bill, you're going to approach him with the blindside, Oh and BTW don't say anything to Colton. "OK, I promise!" LMAO Can't blame anyone for not being confident with Lief at this stage of the game???

I like Jonas, but the squid he dices up in his sushi restaurant has more of a backbone than he does. Way too risky letting Jonas in on the blindside.

In the aftermath of Matt's blindside, Michael has understandably slipped into the "hey, if it ain't me on the block, I won't do anything to rock the boat" mode. I believe Michael's strategy is let me bide my time for now until I can start playing the game with the women. For these reasons you can't count on Big Mike for this blindside.

If you could peel Greg's lips off Colton's butt you may have a sliver of a chance talking some sense into him...but this is a MIGHTY big "if."

Don't get me wrong, it's a brillant move that would have gone down in Survivor History but way too risky given the members of the Manono tribe...and I won't criticize someone with next to no risk of going home for not spearheading it.

Finally, I will reiterate my point made in my initial post. My final verdict of this non-move will be measured by what happens in the game as far as any potential tribal shakeups. I'm sure EVERY player in the game has Tribal Switch on their minds...when and if it will occur. Personally, if I was playing and I felt a tribal switch was imminent in the near future, I would be hesitant to orchestate something this big on only Day 11 when I feel very little risk of going home. That being said, Bill and Leif should have been the ones to pitch the idea moreso than Troy or Jay.

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-12, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
SABRINA – Great confessionals. She keeps her head about her and she’s funny.

MONICA – I hope she can stay awhile. Seems to be steering clear of Alicia… good move.

CHRISTINA – Gotta love a good challenge chick.

TROY – I had high hopes for him but he seems lost out there. C’mon guy, take the lead from Tarzan and Colton.

LEIF – Okay yeah, he let it slip. But he could’ve just lied about it. I would rather see him fight to stay than just lay down and take that berating from Revolton. Thought he was gonna cry for a minute there. sheesh

JAY – ?
KIM – ?
JONAS – He really doesn’t matter to me.
MICHAEL ?
CHELSEA ?

KAT – I like that she spoke up about her “puzzle-weakness” right away. And I loved how it offended Alicia... teehee.

ALICIA – Up until this episode she was number one on my obnoxious-meter. Sabrina is the teacher, she is the Anti-Teacher. Aren't teachers supposed to be sweet and nurturing? And her grammar is atrocious. She and Naonka are not the type of persons I would want teaching my kids. I’m beginning to think the casting director has it out for teachers.

TARZAN - His speech at TC was irrelevant to what was going on. Jeff mentions race and this buffoon goes off on a racism rant? Cheater... cheater... punkin eater? Lucky? What a douche. He is just as ridiculous as Colton. Actually more douchey since he has 40 more years of life experience than Revolton.

REVOLTON – Disgusting jerk. worst.personality.ever. Gay Republican my azz. Talk about an oxyMoron.

Booted:

BILL – Class act. Deserves major props for not going off on Revolton. He saw exactly what Colton was… a spoiled kid. Btw… he doesn’t sound like he is from the Hood. Very well spoken and reminds me of a surfer dude.

03-09-12, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-12 AT 07:56 PM (EST)

(edited for brevity... hahaha)

My concern that production no longer knows how to edit this show, sparked last season, continues to grow.

Now, even when seemingly given a decent cast, we are having it wasted for the sake of predictable, and probably staged, hooks and a villain edit like we haven't seen since RussHell last made Survivor fans vomit.

More on the men giving up immunity and the edit of it later. Even though I don't think the men are as idiotic and gutless as the edit made them look, I am still shocked that the men didn't drop further in Aruba's rankings.

1. Sabrina - Regains her top spot after getting her narration role back and thanks to a rough episode for Chelsea. Her comments calling Alicia a "fire-starter" were not only ironic but also just another example of how socially aware she is. Her discussion with Kim showed she appreciates Christina's hard work and is willing to keep an open mind regarding her alliance. In reality, Alicia's mouth makes her the perfect alliance mate.

2. Chelsea - Still got her face time, and whether she has the hat going on or the red bikini, more of her and less of others is typically a good thing. However, this wasn't a strong episode for her. She was more diplomatic this time with the men, but it still made virtually no sense to turn the men down regarding the net, not that it was only her decision. Sure, as Kim said, the women were eating fine, but is more food a bad thing? Of course not. Is the net currently being used? If someone can actually catch fish with the net, then let them. Nearly as bad as Tarzan, she seems unaware that she will eventually have to play with the men. And, yeah, she isn't so good at puzzles. Whatever.

3. Kim - I was considering moving her to 2nd thanks to Chelsea not getting the best edit this time around, but Kim's lack of personality prevents me. She is right to prefer Alicia stick around as Kim remains perfectly placed between Chelsea and Sabrina and Alicia and Kat. I found it curious that in the RC she hit a panel in the absolute top corner, actually catching a little frame, and the entire panel came out when more solid shots only took out sections. Strange that. Anyway, she is in great shape, but I'd like to see some attitude out of her. She is making Sophie seem entertaining in comparison.

4. Monica - Sensible and competitive older woman who should do well with the men if the tribes do indeed shake it up. Still cant' see her cracking the top 5 though.

5. Christina - If you want to make a case regarding overcoming social bias in the game, how come virtually every asian woman we've ever seen ends up being a super hard worker, camp provider, who is on the outside of the controlling alliance?? Perhaps their tendency to please men has a tendency to displease women. God knows nothing motivates women like jealousy-fueled competitiveness. That is a generalization and a theory, but I can't believe its coincidence.

6. Alicia - Per the edit, you could say she had a bad episode: terrible puzzle performance after she jumped on Kat about it, JP razzing her about it, and Sabrina even going far enough to reconsider her place in the alliance. However, I am actually starting to like her a little. The obnoxious Alicia has faded, and I don't mind that she has a little fire in her (see Kim). She handled her failure better than Chelsea did. Nothing wrong with laughing about it afterwards. What else can you do, right?

7. Kat - Cute and competitive girl who is woefully short on brains and class. Alas.

8. Troy - As bad as the men looked, Troy came out of it looking better than most. Though his confessional served mainly as an ironic foreshadowing of the upcoming debacle, he was still right. It wasn't that the women were being "over-emotional;" it was just that they were being illogical. He mostly kept his head down during the giving up immunity discussion. My guess is that he was fine with going to TC because he believed Bill would jump ship.

9. Jake - Was the lone man that the edit allowed any sense to seep from. Unfortunately ineffectual, but sensible.

10. Jonas - Has somehow become Zolton's byotch. Not sure how considering Zolton didn't even control the last vote. It was like Jonas was reading off a card given to him from production instead of being the normal, entertaining Jonas. It was sensible to offer to use the net for the women, but he should have let it drop after they foolishly turned it down rather than insisting he didn't care. Again, forget the One World rubbish. The name of this season should be "Pride.. It always hurts. It never helps."

11. Michael - Also improved just by keeping his head down. My guess is he was fine going to TC as long as Leif was the one to go home.

12. Leif - How about we try some simple logic on Tarzan. If the Misfits were such a solid alliance, then why would it matter that Bill knew he was next to go? If they aren't that solid, then how is it a big betrayal? Leif is too nice a guy. He wisely kept his mouth shut and let Bill and Michael think he was going home.

13. Tarzan - Really, the edit is more to blame for his completely non-segued rant about the race card in America. But his behavior towards the women in the challenges is completely idiotic. He is aware that he will have to play with the women at some point, right? Best case scenario for him, he'd still need their votes. He is basically a much older Cochran: the intelligent social idiot.

14. Zolton the Gay Blade - One week after he made a move up my list, he tanks right back to the bottom. There are some comparisons to RussHell here mostly thanks to just the edit and the gift of the HII. However, RussHell, at least in Samoa, was good TV because he was great in confessional. Since assuming some power, Zolton's confessionals have devolved into childish rants about who he doesn't like and what he's going to do to them. I have always maintained that there are people who could seriously benefit from a good beatdown at least once in their lives. I present to you Zolton as Exhibit A.

Got Out While the Gettin Was Good

Kourtney - for shame...
Nina - couldn't see that one coming
Matt - Troy and Jonas should have taken his offer
Bill - Showed class and apparently knows Colton better than he knows himself. Too bad he couldn't punch Colton out. It would have been the greatest Survivor moment of all time.

>

03-09-12, 08:23 PM (EST)
6. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
I think the whole episode was edited perfectly. I was laughing through the whole walk in the dark. They even copied TAR's camera work when the race comes down to the last two teams trying to avoid elimination: Show the view from their angle, making us wonder until the last second who was there. Even if we all predicted it would be the men, we still had to go: "No, they couldn't be that stupid, could they?"

And since you did it to Aruba, then I will point out: Jake?

03-09-12, 09:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
And since you did it to Aruba, then I will point out: Jake?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH!!!

But I'm touched how you're looking out for me...I luv ya MAN!

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-12, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
I think the editors and producers should be applauded for this season (so far anyway). There hasn't been this much buzz about Survivor since Samoa. Personally, I found this episode to have been the most entertaining one in the past few seasons.

Overall, the casting choices have been pretty good and no one has been ignored. As for Colton vs Russell, the big difference is that Russell clearly set out to be "the villain" and a large part of what he did and said was acting. Colton, on the other hand, thinks he's charming, intelligent etc. What we are seeing, while edited for the story, seems like it's really him.

03-09-12, 09:35 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"

I am still shocked that the men didn't drop further in Aruba's rankings.

For reasons mentioned in my post not a whole lot of movement either way occurred in my rankings this week. But three women did move up compared to only one on the men's side. So all-in-all advantage to the female gender this episode. You should be happy about that! HaHa

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-10-12, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
1. Sabrina (2, 1, 5)

2. Monica (9, 2, 7)

3. Kim (10, 3, 2)

4. Jay (7, 10, 6)

5. Troy (5, 9, 1)

6. Chelsea (1, 4, 4)

7. Michael (6, 6, 10)

8. Christina (3, 7, 8)

9. Kat (12, 15, 12)

10. Alicia (17, 14, 13)

11. Jonas (4, 5, 3)

12. Leif (8, 8, 9)

13. Colton (15, 16, 11)

14. Greg (11, 13, 14)

Out:
Bill (13, 11, 15)
Matt (16, 12)
Nina (14)
Kourtney

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-12, 03:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
Okay, let's get this out of the way first. There were only two reasons why any of the guys should have gone along with Colton's idea to go to TC instead of Salani, and those were to boot Colton and put the Manono HII back up for grabs. That's it. Colton has repeatedly made it clear he's a girl, he'd rather be with the girls, he's just not really a Manono, but well unfortunately the dumdums let him save a girl while booting a guy. Stupid as all get out. Damned funny, but stupid as all get out.

So okay then.

1. Kim (1).

2. Sabrina (4).

3. Chelsea (2).

4. Kat. (14).

5. Monica (7).

6. Christina (8).

7. Alicia (13). Way to make diva waves from a non-insult.

8. Michael (12). Ironically, the only guy who made a smart move this week to improve his odds, no way to blame him for how out of control it would spin, leaving him gaining net sum zero.

9. Jay (5). At least he was honest about being bum-fuddled and not understanding the decision.

10. Leif (11). Seems like a nice guy, really didn't do anything wrong talking with Bill, just no head for the game.

11. Jonas (6). Much as I still like him, he is playing a wishy-washy game.

12. Troy "Troyzan" (3). Speaking of wishy-washy, the guy in the best position to organize a Colton blindside, failed at seizing the moment.

Seriously, if Colton had been booted it would have been hailed as the most brilliant Survivor blindside ever. dududuh!

13. Greg "Tarzan" (14). Honestly, I was very amused by some of his Captain Attitude stuff, but his whole betrayer thing on learning about Leif talking to Bill was idiotic and over the top.

14. Colton (15). The only thing saving this pretentious smug jerk from being further down the list is there is no further down to go. One day maybe, just maybe, he will wake up and realize his entire life has been one giant handout. Until then he is a complete waste of space, he will never get better until he acknowleges he is a waste of space, he has a problem.

Good-bye, Bill. Dude, that was the classiest exit ever, you were way too nice too the spoiled brat. But you do have class.

03-10-12, 06:43 PM (EST)
18. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
1- Kim (1,1,1) : At least she is still the go-to women when someone wants to talk strategy and she was the first to tell us that Jonas wasn't nice.

2- Sabrina (4,2,2): She was back in charge and, coming just before a swap, it was good for her to remind everyone that they would never do anything like Manono did. The women will probably stick together after the swap.

3- Kat (5,8,8): I'm starting to enjoy her enthusiasm. Dumb? Maybe but inoffensive compared to the other dummies.

4- Chelsea (2,3,5): Her mood has improved and she did well in the RC but what was that in the IC? It was an easy puzzle so trying to excuse it was pityful.

5- Troyzan (3,3,16): He should have spoken up immediately when Colton and Jonas started considering that move. Will he have time to learn the game of Survivor? I'll keep him this high because he has constantly talked to the women and should be in great shape after the swap. Maybe it was good for him to get rid of a charmer like Bill.

6- Monica (6,10): She told us that the women could survive to the end which nicely ends that story but did it help Monica's story? She should have been Salani's "Mom" but she declined the role.

7- Jay (12,12,5) : In confessional, in the discussion with the other guys and when answering Jeff, Jay showed he wasn’t happy with the move and knew it was dumb. Maybe it would have been nice to see him acting more forcefully because, despite his fears, it would have been quite easy to turn the game.

8- Michael(7, 9,15): He caused the fumble, got the ball rolling but then he didn't pick it up. Colton was his enemy, not Bill. Jeff didn't even ask for his POV. Peripheral? Indeed!

9- Alicia (8,10,6): The story seems to indicate a paprallel between Alicia and Colton, the two villains. Will Alicia, like Colton, get what she wants and eliminate Christina?

10- Christina (13,13,9): If someone can thank their lucky stars that Manono was Morono then it is Christina. The obvious boot choice survives to the swap and maybe her connection to the men will turn her game around.

11- Jonas (11,4,4): Colton's enabler. The villain was just talking hypothetical until Jonas opened the door. Instead of thinking that it would cost him the game he should have closed the door right there.

12- Leif (13, 11, 11): Instead of wanting to prove he was still with a group of guys that obviously didn't respect him, Leif could have turned the whole game around. We saw that he has already found his coffin. He should be going soon.

13- Tarzan (14,14,12): Why antagonize the women? Why defend Colton? Why another stupid doctor?!

14- Colton (12,7,7): He is right: You have to get rid of outsiders. BUT, he created those outsiders and he has more than he can handle. It would have been better to think about going to TC before winning the IC. Or did Colton do all this to save one of "his" girls? Still his words against Bill are inexcusable.

Booted- Bill (15,15,14): It makes me sick to realize that his poor edit had prevented from appreciating Bill. The guy had a lot of class.

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-12, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-12 AT 09:12 AM (EST)

Colton is making me miss Russell. It least Russell could be amusing. Wish they would stop going out of their way to cast obnoxious personalities. Show is getting more difficult to sit through every year. Don't know that choosing to go to TC was a bad move for the gang of five, but Colton's and Tarzan's comments were ridiculous.

03-11-12, 01:06 PM (EST)
20. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
Out of their way? The Republican primaries are bringing plenty of morons together. Just go there!

But speaking of Russell, his best friend was Ben who had just as many distasteful things to say as Colton but was much worse because he was violent.

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

03-11-12, 03:49 PM (EST)
21. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"

All primaries always bring morons together. That is kind of the point of the primary.

Yeah, imagine if you gave Ben an HII and some power? He would have been a worse villain than Colton.

>

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-12, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Tallies"
Sabrina - 8|1.333...
Kim - 22|3.666...
Monica - 23|3.833...
Chelsea - 35|5.833...
Troy(Troyzan) - 36|6
Christina - 37|6.166...
Jay - 38|6.333...
Kat - 45|7.5
Michael - 52|8.666...
Alicia - 56|9.333...
Leif - 57|9.5
Jonas - 59|9.833...
Greg(Tarzan) - 80|13.333...
Colton - 82|13.666...

03-14-12, 07:23 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Tallies"
Hey dabo,

In case I forget to say it later on, thanks a bunch for talling up the rankings each week!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-27-12, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 4 Love/Loathe List"
Here are my rankings for this weird episode:

1. Sabrina -- I agree, I would never have given up Immunity, tribal or individual! And yeah, Alicia is too fiery!

2. Kim -- she's the voice of reason in the core all-female alliance as we see when she's talking with Sabrina.

3. Monica -- way to go with helping Salani win the Reward Challenge! But you still need a switch.

4. Christina -- I can understand your raised hopes over the anger over Alicia's behavior. I still like you.

5. Kat -- you made a great recovery from your earlier faux pas in the Reward Challenge.

6. Jay -- you were the one least in favor of Colton's crazy plan. Alas, you were too weak to stand up to him.

7. Chelsea -- you screwed up the first puzzle but at least you didn't behave like Alicia.

8. Leif -- I think you just made an honest mistake. Alas, it was used against you.

9. Jonas -- you were very reasonable in dealing with the women. Too bad you agreed to give up Immunity.

10. Troyzan -- you said the women were irrational? Well, giving up Immunity was even more so!

11. Michael -- I understand your tattling on Leif. I just don't like it.

12. Alicia -- I understand laughing out of embarrassment. I do it myself. But your reaction afterwards wasn't so good.

13. Tarzan -- believe me, the women's Reward win wasn't just pure luck!

14. Colton -- you're a bigoted ignoramus. And that's all I have to say on you!

Gonzo: Bill. You got on the wrong side and were the victim of Colton's issues. I'm sorry to see you go.

And here's what the immortal Bugs Bunny would say about the guys' decision to give up Immunity: "What a bunch of maroons!"

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •