The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 12: The Racers and the Editing"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Current Message

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-07, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode #1: The Racers and the ..."
Phil starts the show by asking, “Can these teams stand up to the stress of traveling together across nearly 30,000 miles? Who will come up with the right strategy, the right combination of brains, brawn and teamwork to win the one million dollars (I always think of Dr. Evil when Phil says one million dollars!) A few stories have developed but it will take another week to see who the long term players are and who is getting the big story for the first half of the race. Of the 11 opening teams introductions, only two spoke about strategy and they were Kate and Pat and Marianna and Julia – two teams who fared poorly and we didn’t see much of! With no alpha male team, this season may be even more character driven than past years. I definitely need another week to sort things out.

The first place finishers, Azaria and Hendekea, obviously received a lot of screen time. Their opening quote was the only one to focus on both their strengths and their weakness. Azaria said that they had an advantage, “we are intelligent and more physically fit.” And then Hendekea chimed in, “He’s going to want to dominate. I know I can make good decisions and Azaria needs to listen to those decisions.” Here is the big brother-little sister dynamics story! A lot of attention was given to them leaving the mansion, Hendekea giving directions that were initially correct and then doubting herself, getting lost and then just missing the first flight. We saw them make an alliance with Ronald and Christina because they share the same family bond and spirit of the game. Azaria commented that they are “overachievers who don’t like to lose” (file that comment away to remember in the future). They were always thinking and work well together despite Hendekea’s misgivings. At the end Azaria said, "Hendekea has proven to him how far she’s willing to go. You see her small frame and you see the tiger within." We’ll see if they can keep this up or if this is their only first place finish.

Kynt and Vxysin will have a story no matter where they finish because they are “self-proclaimed real life cartoon characters.” Kynt said they have tenacity and Vxysin finished that they are gothic energizer bunnies. They showed good teamwork and encouragement this episode and I expect them to be around for a while. Kynt was also heard to say “The bitch-ass Goth kids lead the pack” when they had actually signed in at 3rd place for the ferry. I thought that was an oddly placed comment.

TK and Rachel seemed a little clueless at the Shannon Airport, but they finished strongly (even if they did go the wrong way to the pit stop). After the roadblock, TK said “slow and steady, we got it.” They are one of the teams in my mind that might be able to answer Phil’s opening questions. Another thing to note is that they were one of the last teams to get to LAX but we didn’t see them getting lost (Eric and Danielle started out the same way last season). They didn’t have much of a story this week, but you remembered them.

Jason and Lorena are good racers, but they have their work cut out for them. He didn’t listen to her when she was right and she is over-emotional. They did have a few side comments that could indicate longevity. At the small church, Jason said, “We want to get to the first leg and stay in the top pack,” later he said, “Lorena is intense. She’s going in for the kill.” We also saw a post-leg confessional comment from Lorena edited in during the donkey part of the roadblock, “This race can turn like that,” and snaps her fingers. (I just reread your commentary Michel, and I agree this is a team to watch.)

Two other teams got attention that didn’t finish at the top: Ronald and Christina and Nate and Jen.

Ronald and Christina entire story is about wanting to reconnect because he missed so much of her early life. The previews next week indicate that this story will be continued. I am thinking that this is one of the big early stories for the first half of the season (similar to David and Mary, Peter and Sara, Amber and Rob etc.). We need to see some strategy from them if they are going to last past mid-point. Ron did say, “This is a wake up call” when they were last to the smallest church. They finished this leg in 7th place so maybe their racing will pick up in the future.

Nate and Jen appear to be good racers. They’re young and fit, but neither one of them has control over their emotions. This display: Nate, “You are the worst person at this I ever met,” and then compared her poorly to the other women running. She replied, “Do I want to spend the rest of my life with him?” was really distracting to the race. Their behavior certainly leaves room for growth in teamwork! (as does Lorena and Jason). We did spend a lot of time with them with their donkeys so they probably recover and remain around a while to torture us with their treatment of each other!

Kate and Pat, Nicolas and Donald, Marianna and Julia, and Shana and Jennifer were in the background and we’ll see how much they are fleshed out next week. The next boot probably comes from one of these teams.

There were lots of random quotes this episode. I will have to watch it again in a few weeks once we’ve determined who the long-term players are to see if any of their comments take on new significance.

surfkitty sig shop 2007

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 TAR 12: The Racers and the Editing   michel     10-30-07       
   RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   CTgirl     11-02-07     1  
   Episode #1: The Racers and the Edit...   michel     11-05-07     2  
     RE: Episode #1: The Racers and the ...   CTgirl     11-08-07     3  
     RE: Episode #1: The Racers and the ...   Earl Colby Pottinger     11-08-07     4  
   Episode 2: Review   beau_30     11-12-07     5  
     RE: Episode 2: Review   CTgirl     11-13-07     6  
         RE: Episode 2: Review   Peetah     11-14-07     7  
             RE: Episode 2: Editing Thoughts   michel     11-14-07     8  
                 RE: Episode 2: Editing Thoughts   someclevernameusuallygoeshere     11-15-07     9  
   Episode #3: Editing Thoughts   michel     11-20-07     10  
     RE: Episode #3: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     11-21-07     11  
         RE: Episode #3: Editing Thoughts   michel     11-25-07     12  
             RE: Episode #3: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     11-25-07     13  
   Episode #4: Editing Thoughts   michel     11-27-07     14  
     RE: Episode #4: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     11-28-07     15  
         RE: Episode #4: Editing Thoughts   beau_30     12-02-07     16  
             Episode #5: Editing Thoughts   dabeat     12-03-07     17  
                 RE: Episode #5: Editing Thoughts   Earl Colby Pottinger     12-04-07     18  
   More Episode #5 Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     12-06-07     19  
     RE: More Episode #5 Editing Thought...   michel     12-06-07     20  
   Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     12-12-07     21  
     RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   MaryKat     12-12-07     22  
     RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   Cygnus X1     12-13-07     23  
         RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     12-13-07     24  
             RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   Cygnus X1     12-21-07     25  
                 RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   michel     12-22-07     26  
                     RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   PepeLePew13     12-23-07     27  
   Episode #7: Editing Thoughts   michel     12-28-07     28  
     RE: Episode #7: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     12-29-07     29  
   Episode #8: Editing Thoughts   michel     01-03-08     30  
     RE: Episode #8: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     01-03-08     31  
         RE: Episode #8: Editing Thoughts   Cygnus X1     01-05-08     32  
             RE: Episode #8: Editing Thoughts   beau_30     01-06-08     33  
   Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   michel     01-09-08     34  
     RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     01-10-08     35  
         RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   Flowerpower     01-12-08     36  
             RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   Flowerpower     01-14-08     37  
                 RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   Cygnus X1     01-14-08     38  
                     RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     01-14-08     39  
                 It's a Miserable Game, this Race.   michel     01-14-08     40  
                     RE: It's a Miserable Game, this Rac...   CTgirl     01-14-08     41  
                     RE: It's a Miserable Game, this Rac...   Flowerpower     01-14-08     42  
                     RE: It's a Miserable Game, this Rac...   KwietOne     01-14-08     43  
   Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christina   CTgirl     01-17-08     44  
     RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   dabeat     01-17-08     45  
         RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   Flowerpower     01-18-08     46  
             RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   michel     01-18-08     47  
                 RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   Flowerpower     01-19-08     48  
                     RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   maroonclowns mom     01-19-08     49  
                 RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   CTgirl     01-19-08     50  
   RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   Flowerpower     01-21-08     51  
     RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   michel     01-21-08     52  
         RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   CTgirl     01-22-08     54  
             RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   Loree     01-23-08     55  
     RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   Cygnus X1     01-21-08     53  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •