The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 12: The Racers and the Editing"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Current Message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-22-07, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-07 AT 09:08 PM (EST)

I'm quite late to the party. Thank you CTgirl for hosting it! I liked reading your thoughts as always. It's also nice to read the posts by Cygnus and MaryKat. I guess I'm on a different wavelength on 1 team. Someone has to consider the scary possibilities!

I'm so late that I'll just briefly write down my thoughts:

TK and Rachel

TK repeated their mantra for the race: “When we’re cool…” Rachel agreed: “It’s healthy for our state of mind and our relationship also.”
They were on the first flight to Prague with Nicolas and Gramps but their connecting flight had already left They got a new flight through Vienna that the other team couldn’t get on. “Bummer for them” was Rachel’s only reaction.

Rachel did the Roadblock with TK telling her to enjoy the weather and, of course, to stay calm.
The Detour was “So much fun” according to Rachel.

This was a leg where we could have learned more from this couple but they still have only one story: They are calm. I suspect that when the pressure builds up, they will be left short. The likeable team that will have fans but not win.

Kynt and Vyksin

Kynt left the pit stop saying that their strength is encouraging each other. In the taxi, he added: “Sadly, we haven’t had the privilege of hearing Phil say ‘you’re team #1’, but we’re hoping to achieve that.” They teamed up with TK and Rachel to look for plane reservations to Dubrovnik, a team that Kynt described as being like them, off the beaten path.

Kynt did the Roadblock and told the mason “It was nice to build with you.”

Kynt and Vyksin were in third place but chose to do the Detour where they had to repel down the wall. Kynt explained that Vyksin has a military father who took her out camping and climbing. She did very well.

The Goths race along very nicely. We get more glimpses into their personality and we see that they make the other teams nervous with their tactics and their independence. The Goths have a story that could win the race.

Nathan and Jennifer

Phil mentioned them before leaving the pit stop when he asked if Nathan was the man for Jenn. Jenn said “I look back and it’s been incredible but with regrets because Nate and I fought so much. As far as Nate and I being together in the end…the race is going to be the test.”
Jenn told us seeing Kynt and Vyksin going on their own to get ticket made her nervous.

In Dubrovnik, we saw a lot of Jenn’s enthusiasm for the race and “NateDawg” completed the stone puzzle in second place. They chose the Detour that required rowing and saw Ron and Christina's lead. They wanted to catch them but then, they got in the boat! It was weird to see them use their oars as paddles. They became very frustrated.
Jenn yelled: “You’re the meanest person.”
Nate answered: “You’re not even trying.”
J: “I hate you…I’m never going to be with you ever again. I hate you with a passion.”
It took a while but they finally showed some teamwork. They got ahead of Ronald and Christina at the last clue box. The clue told them to go by taxi to the pit stop.

Nathan and Jennifer never found a taxi to take them since their clothes were wet. Jenn found it “So Unfair, I am so miserable”. They got a local to drive them to the cross where…they were sent back for not using a legal method of transportation!
Nate said: “To have this happen is the cherry on the relationship sundae. It’s already melted.”
Jenn commented through tears: “I can't deal with any of this anymore. I don’t want to be here anymore.”
The penalty cost them second place as, by the time they made it back up to the cross, Kynt and Vyksin had already finished the leg.

“Nice” was Jenn’s comment as both shared a handshake that Phil found lacking in affection! He even asked if they were happy with each other. Jenn told him that they were both unhappy with each other. In confessional, she added: “As far as Nate and I being together in the end, it’s unpredictable to me right now because our realtionship is so up and down and that is what I am so sick of. I don’t know if it’s too late. We’ve been through a lot.”

This team always grabs most of the airtime. They talk not only about their relationship but also about their moves and their competition. For that, I expect them to make it to the last leg.

Ronald and Christina

Christina said: “Our progress in the race reflects our progress in the relationship.” They reserved their tickets and tried to do a covert operation to help the siblings, “The only team we trust” said Christina. That didn’t work!

Ronald was first to “Find a Stone” and complete the jig-saw Roadblock. Arriving at the zip-line, he let us know that: “I just ate, I might throw up my lunch.” At least, they had fun.

The rowing was off to a clumsy start as Chris tried to get her father to row facing forward to the dismay of the person watching over the boats. Finally Ronald realized: “This is so ass-backwards” and he turned around telling Chris “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks”. Things went better when they each took an oar and rowed side-by-side. Chris was glad to be doing her part and Ronald pointed out: “I don’t think that every team recognizes this relationship between the partners is critical to winning the race. It’s easier said than done.” To prove he was right, the camera went back to the antics of Nate and Jennifer.

Phil greeted them in first place, earning them a catamaran. Christina told us: “My dad and I are living proof that success in the Amazing race is about teamwork.”

This team seem to want to make me look like I don’t know what’s going on! Could their talk of teamwork be the sign that they are the only one to have figured it out? I’ll say it’s rather a sign that they have reached their goal. They've proven that they can work well together. Their story is over so it’s time to go home!

Nicolas and Donald

Donald was ready to give it his all while Nicolas was ready to take risks.
Arriving 5th in Croatia, Nicolas said: “This is the first time we are all on our own and we have no idea where the other teams are.”
Don was the builder but again, he was too methodical according to Nicolas who, for the first time, told his gramps to move faster. They finished in 5th and later, spotted the siblings behind them, arriving at the Roadblock. They managed to stay ahead even if the rowing went slowly and Nicolas got lost again in a maze of old streets.

This team continues to trudge along, always keeping ahead of at least one team. That is their only story and it’s getting late to only be avoiding last place.

At least, we had figured that Azaria and Hendekea couldn’t make it to the end. The fatal mistake was due to the ticket agent who gave them business class tickets but it was fun to hear Azaria admit that he had made a bad decision and Hendekea adding: “I wish we hadn’t run around” which was Azaria’s idea!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 TAR 12: The Racers and the Editing   michel     10-30-07       
   RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   CTgirl     11-02-07     1  
   Episode #1: The Racers and the Edit...   michel     11-05-07     2  
     RE: Episode #1: The Racers and the ...   CTgirl     11-08-07     3  
     RE: Episode #1: The Racers and the ...   Earl Colby Pottinger     11-08-07     4  
   Episode 2: Review   beau_30     11-12-07     5  
     RE: Episode 2: Review   CTgirl     11-13-07     6  
         RE: Episode 2: Review   Peetah     11-14-07     7  
             RE: Episode 2: Editing Thoughts   michel     11-14-07     8  
                 RE: Episode 2: Editing Thoughts   someclevernameusuallygoeshere     11-15-07     9  
   Episode #3: Editing Thoughts   michel     11-20-07     10  
     RE: Episode #3: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     11-21-07     11  
         RE: Episode #3: Editing Thoughts   michel     11-25-07     12  
             RE: Episode #3: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     11-25-07     13  
   Episode #4: Editing Thoughts   michel     11-27-07     14  
     RE: Episode #4: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     11-28-07     15  
         RE: Episode #4: Editing Thoughts   beau_30     12-02-07     16  
             Episode #5: Editing Thoughts   dabeat     12-03-07     17  
                 RE: Episode #5: Editing Thoughts   Earl Colby Pottinger     12-04-07     18  
   More Episode #5 Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     12-06-07     19  
     RE: More Episode #5 Editing Thought...   michel     12-06-07     20  
   Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     12-12-07     21  
     RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   MaryKat     12-12-07     22  
     RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   Cygnus X1     12-13-07     23  
         RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     12-13-07     24  
             RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   Cygnus X1     12-21-07     25  
                 RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   michel     12-22-07     26  
                     RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   PepeLePew13     12-23-07     27  
   Episode #7: Editing Thoughts   michel     12-28-07     28  
     RE: Episode #7: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     12-29-07     29  
   Episode #8: Editing Thoughts   michel     01-03-08     30  
     RE: Episode #8: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     01-03-08     31  
         RE: Episode #8: Editing Thoughts   Cygnus X1     01-05-08     32  
             RE: Episode #8: Editing Thoughts   beau_30     01-06-08     33  
   Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   michel     01-09-08     34  
     RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     01-10-08     35  
         RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   Flowerpower     01-12-08     36  
             RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   Flowerpower     01-14-08     37  
                 RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   Cygnus X1     01-14-08     38  
                     RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     01-14-08     39  
                 It's a Miserable Game, this Race.   michel     01-14-08     40  
                     RE: It's a Miserable Game, this Rac...   CTgirl     01-14-08     41  
                     RE: It's a Miserable Game, this Rac...   Flowerpower     01-14-08     42  
                     RE: It's a Miserable Game, this Rac...   KwietOne     01-14-08     43  
   Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christina   CTgirl     01-17-08     44  
     RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   dabeat     01-17-08     45  
         RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   Flowerpower     01-18-08     46  
             RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   michel     01-18-08     47  
                 RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   Flowerpower     01-19-08     48  
                     RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   maroonclowns mom     01-19-08     49  
                 RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   CTgirl     01-19-08     50  
   RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   Flowerpower     01-21-08     51  
     RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   michel     01-21-08     52  
         RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   CTgirl     01-22-08     54  
             RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   Loree     01-23-08     55  
     RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   Cygnus X1     01-21-08     53  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •