The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 12: The Racers and the Editing"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Current Message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-03-08, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Episode #8: Editing Thoughts"
The recap focused on TK’s inabilities at the Roadblock, the Goths’ problems on the roads of Tuscany and Nic and Don’s risk taking the Fast Forward.

Ron and Christina:

Father and Daughter left the pit stop in Florence with Ronald saying: “We were excited to come to this lovely city of the renaissance and we hope it will be the renaissance of me, of a new man, to make my daughter feel proud.”

This team smartly made phone reservations instead of waiting for the morning. At the airport, Christina told us: “We’re waiting to retrieve the tickets we’ve reserved.” Only Nate and Jennifer made the same flight as the two teams with reservations. Seeing the “sleepy heads”, Nic and Don arrive, Ronald said: “They have a leg up on us because they had a good night’s sleep.”

After the Mumbai bunching point, Ronald and Christina found the newspaper clue right after the Goths and left the newstand in second place.
First at the “Paste’em” detour, Ronald lost his cool again, saying to his daughter that she was “cheap with the paste.”
Christina explained: “My father started putting the poster too high and he doesn’t like much input.”
Ronald even started arguing with the judge.
After that mess, Ronald finally realized: “Christina said we had to start all over again. I felt demoralized…She took charge and I have to admit, she did a good job.”

Arriving 3 rd at the U-Turn, Christina said: “If we had beat Nic and Don, we would definitely have U-Turned them today.” They decided not to use it at all.
With his hernia and all, Ronald decided to carry the 6 propane tanks and a local who, instead of directing him to the right address, brought him back to the start: “I think this guy just wants a ride!” said Ron.

Ronald and Christina had a good result even if their relationship suffered again. Did we hear that they wanted to use the U-turn on Nic and Donald because they'll regret facing them later on? Or was it to make us realize they could have used it on Nathan and Jennifer, probably eliminating them? This team has surprised me throughout this season so I’m not sure where they end up. The only thing I feel somewhat confident about is that their story is too 1-dimensional to be about winning the race.

Nicolas and Donald:

Nicolas told us in his opening confessional: “I’m running the race with a 70 year old, I have to look out for him. I think my Grandfather’s greatest strength is that he is very driven but he doesn’t know his limit sometimes.”
The team also had the good idea to make reservations on the earliest flight. They even went to sleep in a hotel.
At the airport, while we saw the other teams, Nate and Jennifer in particular, scramble as the doors opened, we saw these two casually strolling in, with Gramps letting us know: “I’m feeling pretty good, got some sleep last nigth.”

With all teams bunched up while reading the “Times of India” newspaper, Nicolas had a good idea: “I decided that we should stand next to another group so that when they found it, we could get a hint of direction.” When TK, using “good strategy” according to Nicolas, found the clue directing them to the “Chauhan Tailors”, Nic told his Gramps: “He found it in the big one” rather than in the insert. It kept them in fourth place, ahead of Nathan and Jennifer.

They were behind Ronald and Christina to the “Paste’em” task. They chose that task because Donald said: “I’ve been in the printing business. I feel confident we could do that task quite readily.”
He was right because they finished the detour ahead of father and daughter.

At the Roadblock, Nicolas explained that “Carrying and navigating is my forté for this team.” (Really??)
Donald added: “I do the little stuff and I try to look good as I’m doing it.” (Humm…I remember pole vaulting!!)
Nicolas had trouble pedaling the “mean streets of Mumbai” with his 6 propane tanks but finished in second place. They remained there at the pit stop, even if Nicolas had to stop the car to throw up.

Another team that I wasn’t expecting to see here. Both continued to show their limitations mixed with an uncanny ability to make their slow pace work for them. Can they win by strolling around the world? Their story has been more about perseverance than about winning.

Thomas Kyle and Rachel

At the start of the episode, TK and Rachel left the pit stop over an hour ahead of the Goths (2:11AM compared to 3:23AM) even if it had looked as if they were just ahead of them at the end of the last leg. The Goths’ wait for the replacement car was simply cut out.

Before leaving, TK told us: “The last few legs, it seems that we have been racing for second to last place.”
Rachel added: “We keep up our strategy of keeping mellow but you definitely feel that a little something is hovering over you.”

At the airport, TK was told that the first flight via Paris was full. As Ronald said, “TK and Rachel and Vyksin and Kynt are still scrambling to get tickets.”
TK commented from a confessional setting: “It’s difficult to stay confident when you really don’t know what the situation is.” This time, it didn’t really matter since everyone had to wait in Mumbai for Mr. Naik’s newspaper stand to open up.

They chose the “Paste’em” Detour because, even if Rachel said garland takes a while, she added “I do flowers for a living. I’ve done it for about 4 years now.”
They worked well together and finished the garland quickly.
They were first at the Kabutar Khana clue box and the U-turn option which they didn’t use. TK explained: “I think that if you are in the front of the pack, using the U-Turn can bite you in the @ss later cause no one wants enemies in this race.”

TK did the Roadblock with Rachel telling him he was young and strong while we heard Ronald complaining about his hernia. Indeed, it wasn’t close! “Macho Man” quickly finished the task and they left for the pit stop at Bandra Fort.
Arriving first, they exchanged a nice hug.
Rachel explained: “At the end of the 8th leg, it is definitely starting to set in that we are one of 4 teams that has the opportunity to win the million dollars.”
TK agreed: “Yeah man! Winning the million would be freaking awesome.”

Is their talk of realizing their opportunity an indication that they start to lose their calm? It was different to see some excitement during their last confessional. They would be sympathetic winners but can they carry on to the end? We missed so many opportunities to get to know them better that I doubt it.

Nate and Jennifer:

Nate first told us that: “Our relationship is actually on the up.”
Jennifer agreed: “We just need to remember how embarrassed and disgusting it was before, the way that we were acting. We need to be aware of the situation instead of react on emotions.”

In line for the Air France booth to open up, Jennifer observed the Goths heading for Lufthansa one and commented: “The Pinks are up to their mischief like always, browsing around, talking to different counters.”
From their initial confessional setting, a reflexion by Nate was added: “Jenn and I aren’t about to trust anybody at this stage in the race (TK and Rachel were first shown on screen and then Ronald and Christina) because we have to do whatever it takes to win.” It looked like foreshadowing of the two teams they would have to beat in the end.
Jennifer saw that two teams had reserved seating and commented: “I’m really confused why we can’t get the better flights that everyone else gets…like beforehand.”

In Mumbay, Jennifer had a confessional after seeing that Mr. Naik’s newspaper stand only opened at 6:00AM: “I would definitely say that Nate and I’s nerves are jumping all over the place but it’s in a good way. It’s gonna get us really pumped up.”

Once they got their paper, they spent more time arguing, moving around and fighting off a small dog than looking through the “Times of India”. They were in last place at that point. Jennifer commented “We are not doing really well…Why didn’t we look over someone’s shoulder and friggin’ cheat?”
Again, from a confessional setting, Nate commented after finally finding the small add: “Playing catch-up on this crucial leg, when we know it’s going to be an elimination, adds a lot of tension and stress. It’s the last thing than Jenn and I really need.”

In the rickshaw, on the way to the “Paste’em detour, Jennifer commented: “Right now we’re definitely in last place, besides maybe Kynt and Vyksin’s speed bump but who knows. They could be done with the speed bump. They have supernatural powers or something.” While Vyksin was relaxing by contorting her body doing the yoga poses to Kynt’s delight, Jennifer was anxiously contorting hers to find the next destination.

Doing the garland caused more stress, with Nathan commenting: “I don’t understand how you can’t do this, you’re a girl.”
Jennifer was quick to reply: “I didn’t understand how you couldn’t row a boat. You’re a guy.”
It was funny to see Jennifer try to give the garland to an elephant!
Nate was seen to be anxious to get to the U-Turn and use it on Kynt and Vyksin. Miraculously, they hadn’t been U-turned instead.

Having to go head to head with Kynt at the roadblock, Jennifer told us: “It was already determined that I would do the roadblock. I may be small but I can lift a lot.”
She did fairly well with the tanks even if Kynt blocked an elevator. The problem was that she had to backtrack to her first destination to get a receipt. Luckily for them, Kynt had forgotten both of his receipts.

They started running the 14 miles to the pit stop before realizing they needed a cab. They finished in 4th place despite the Goths’ “witch powers” and a cab who appeared to go faster!

With the reduced number of teams, everyone got a nice share of confessionals but Nathan and Jennifer still had the most key confessionals at different stages of the race. When we heard Nathan say that he didn’t trust other racers, it was shown in reaction to Jennifer’s comment about the Pinks but TK and Rachel and Ronald and Christina were the ones seen on screen. It immediately made me think that those are the two teams they have to worry about until the end. They have a more well-rounded story than anyone left so I still think they will beat those rivals.

At the detour, we heard Vyksin comment that they thought everyone was miles ahead and Kynt agreed. They even took out Nathan and Jennifer’s picture out first before the commercial break. What made Kynt think that using the U-turn on Nicolas and Donald was a good idea? This team’s story had looked good for the win until the previous episode. Rarely has a story taken such a quick downturn.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 TAR 12: The Racers and the Editing   michel     10-30-07       
   RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   CTgirl     11-02-07     1  
   Episode #1: The Racers and the Edit...   michel     11-05-07     2  
     RE: Episode #1: The Racers and the ...   CTgirl     11-08-07     3  
     RE: Episode #1: The Racers and the ...   Earl Colby Pottinger     11-08-07     4  
   Episode 2: Review   beau_30     11-12-07     5  
     RE: Episode 2: Review   CTgirl     11-13-07     6  
         RE: Episode 2: Review   Peetah     11-14-07     7  
             RE: Episode 2: Editing Thoughts   michel     11-14-07     8  
                 RE: Episode 2: Editing Thoughts   someclevernameusuallygoeshere     11-15-07     9  
   Episode #3: Editing Thoughts   michel     11-20-07     10  
     RE: Episode #3: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     11-21-07     11  
         RE: Episode #3: Editing Thoughts   michel     11-25-07     12  
             RE: Episode #3: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     11-25-07     13  
   Episode #4: Editing Thoughts   michel     11-27-07     14  
     RE: Episode #4: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     11-28-07     15  
         RE: Episode #4: Editing Thoughts   beau_30     12-02-07     16  
             Episode #5: Editing Thoughts   dabeat     12-03-07     17  
                 RE: Episode #5: Editing Thoughts   Earl Colby Pottinger     12-04-07     18  
   More Episode #5 Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     12-06-07     19  
     RE: More Episode #5 Editing Thought...   michel     12-06-07     20  
   Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     12-12-07     21  
     RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   MaryKat     12-12-07     22  
     RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   Cygnus X1     12-13-07     23  
         RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     12-13-07     24  
             RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   Cygnus X1     12-21-07     25  
                 RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   michel     12-22-07     26  
                     RE: Episode 6 Editing Thoughts   PepeLePew13     12-23-07     27  
   Episode #7: Editing Thoughts   michel     12-28-07     28  
     RE: Episode #7: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     12-29-07     29  
   Episode #8: Editing Thoughts   michel     01-03-08     30  
     RE: Episode #8: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     01-03-08     31  
         RE: Episode #8: Editing Thoughts   Cygnus X1     01-05-08     32  
             RE: Episode #8: Editing Thoughts   beau_30     01-06-08     33  
   Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   michel     01-09-08     34  
     RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     01-10-08     35  
         RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   Flowerpower     01-12-08     36  
             RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   Flowerpower     01-14-08     37  
                 RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   Cygnus X1     01-14-08     38  
                     RE: Epside #9: Editing Thoughts   CTgirl     01-14-08     39  
                 It's a Miserable Game, this Race.   michel     01-14-08     40  
                     RE: It's a Miserable Game, this Rac...   CTgirl     01-14-08     41  
                     RE: It's a Miserable Game, this Rac...   Flowerpower     01-14-08     42  
                     RE: It's a Miserable Game, this Rac...   KwietOne     01-14-08     43  
   Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christina   CTgirl     01-17-08     44  
     RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   dabeat     01-17-08     45  
         RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   Flowerpower     01-18-08     46  
             RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   michel     01-18-08     47  
                 RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   Flowerpower     01-19-08     48  
                     RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   maroonclowns mom     01-19-08     49  
                 RE: Don and Nic vs. Ron and Christi...   CTgirl     01-19-08     50  
   RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   Flowerpower     01-21-08     51  
     RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   michel     01-21-08     52  
         RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   CTgirl     01-22-08     54  
             RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   Loree     01-23-08     55  
     RE: TAR 12: The Racers and the Edit...   Cygnus X1     01-21-08     53  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •