The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "The La..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Current Message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-10, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "I think Desmond is Jacob"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-10 AT 06:14 PM (EST)

If we believe that Sayid didn't kill Desmond then it's because he let Desmond talk to him. That tells me Desmond is Jacob. We knew he had been taking on Jacob's task of gathering the Flash-sideways Losties but I think he isn't just doing the job, he is assuming the role and the identity.

The only way Desmond could save his life was by getting through to Sayid, pulling him from the dark side. Now, if I understand the rules of the game between MIB and Jacob, Sayid, an ex-believer of XFlocke, could be able to kill him. Why didn't he? Maybe he needs to see that MIB lied to him about being able to reunite him with Nadia like Ben had to renounce Jacob.

The interesting thing if Desmond is Jacob is that Desmond was, according to Widmore, the only man known to have survived a catastrophic electromagnetic event. I think Jacob was also the only person to survive a catastrophic event caused sometime in the future by MIB, an event that did annihilate all of humankind. That's why he has to be corked: So that what happened in Jacob's past doesn't happen again.

As for the rest of the episode, I must say that, contrary to OFG and Dabo, I enjoyed the fact that the flash-sideways had a "to be continued" feel to them. It was finally a story with a future compared to those insignificant vignettes we previously had. Now, the Flash-sideways Losties are aware of the mysteries, the coincidences and they are starting to remember. Sun recognized XLocke but what about Jack? Did he recognize bagage claim Locke or Island Xlocke? The Flash-sideways had more substance to them than those insipid episodes where Ben led a putsch to become principal or Kate offered a lift to Claire.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "The La...   mrc     04-20-10       
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "Th...   dabo     04-20-10     1  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "Th...   Outfrontgirl     04-21-10     2  
         RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "Th...   dabo     04-21-10     4  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "Th...   CTgirl     04-21-10     3  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "Th...   warp_core breach     04-21-10     5  
   Some comments   moonbaby     04-21-10     6  
     RE: Some comments   blacknwhitedog     04-21-10     7  
         RE: Some comments   dabo     04-21-10     10  
             RE: Some comments   weltek     04-23-10     17  
                 RE: Some comments   trigirl     04-23-10     18  
   apple   blacknwhitedog     04-21-10     8  
     RE: apple   Flowerpower     04-22-10     11  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "Th...   trigirl     04-21-10     9  
   I think Desmond is Jacob   michel     04-22-10     12  
     RE: I think Desmond is Jacob   Flowerpower     04-23-10     13  
         RE: I think Desmond is Jacob   weltek     04-23-10     15  
     RE: I think Desmond is Jacob   dabo     04-23-10     14  
         RE: I think Desmond is Jacob   weltek     04-23-10     16  
     RE: I think Desmond is Jacob   zombiebaby     04-25-10     19  
   Doc Artz hits another home run!   Flowerpower     05-02-10     20  
     RE: Doc Artz hits another home run!   zombiebaby     05-02-10     21  
         RE: Doc Artz hits another home run!   Flowerpower     05-02-10     23  
     RE: Doc Artz hits another home run!   michel     05-02-10     22  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •