The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"*Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.13: "The Last Recruit""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-16-10, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"*Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.13: "The Last Recruit""
Please keep spoiler discussion in this thread prior to the episode's airing. I will post a separate thread for post-episode discussion.

Episode 6.13 "The Last Recruit" (Everyone-Centric)
Alliances are forged and broken as the Locke and Jack camps merge.

Guest starring: Andrea Gabriel as Noor "Nadia" Abed Jaseem, Sheila Kelley as Zoe, Kimberley Joseph as Cindy, Dylan Minnette as David, Teresa Huang as surgeon, Skyler Stone as EMT #1, Todd Coolidge as EMT #2, Yvonne Midkiff as receptionist, Christopher Amitrano as Burditt, Kasim Saul as guard, Steve Boatright as Mike, Mickey Graue as Zack and Kiersten Havelock as Emma. Written by Paul Zbyszewski & Graham Roland and directed by Steve Semel.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 From HobbsofMI mrc 04-16-10 1
 RE: *Spoiler Thread... Flowerpower 04-16-10 2
   RE: *Spoiler Thread... mrc 04-16-10 3
 Promos... Flowerpower 04-16-10 4
   RE: Promos... Outfrontgirl 04-17-10 5
       RE: Promos... Outfrontgirl 04-17-10 6
           RE: Promos... Flowerpower 04-17-10 7
       RE: Promos... Flowerpower 04-17-10 8
           RE: Promos... Outfrontgirl 04-18-10 10
               RE: Promos... Flowerpower 04-18-10 11
                   RE: Promos... Outfrontgirl 04-19-10 12
 Willy Wonka trigirl 04-17-10 9
   RE: Willy Wonka CTgirl 04-21-10 13
   RE: Willy Wonka trigirl 04-22-10 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-16-10, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "From HobbsofMI"
Promo in slow-mo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXp-AX7C-BU&feature=related

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-10, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: *Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.13: "The Last Recruit""
Gosh darn! SO SORRY once again, I was posting the images and the promos and this thread was not up yet so I posted....now we have a double post! Dang....sorry...

04-16-10, 04:11 PM (EST)
3. "RE: *Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.13: "The Last Recruit""
My thread was up an hour before yours. Must be that pesky time change . . . or Faraday is up to no good again.

04-16-10, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Promos..."
ALLIANCES ARE FORGED AND BROKEN, ON ABC'S "LOST"
"The Last Recruit" – Alliances are forged and broken as the Locke and Jack camps merge, on "Lost," TUESDAY, APRIL 20 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Terry O'Quinn as Locke and Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana.

Guest starring are Andrea Gabriel as Noor "Nadia" Abed Jaseem, Sheila Kelley as Zoe, Kimberley Joseph as Cindy, Dylan Minnette as David, Teresa Huang as surgeon, Skyler Stone as EMT #1, Todd Coolidge as EMT #2, Yvonne Midkiff as receptionist, Christopher Amitrano as Burditt, Kasim Saul as guard, Steve Boatright as Mike, Mickey Graue as Zack and Kiersten Havelock as Emma.

For some video footage of "The Last Recruit"...here, posted by abc on youtube, and here, at tvovermind.

Looks like Sun recognizes Sideways Locke as being Smokey on the Island...

Here are the images for the episode, thank you www.TVovermind.com

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-10, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Promos..."
Alliances are forged and broken as the Locke and Jack camps merge.

Meanwhile, on Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, alliances are forged and broken as the two tribes merge. But that's on Thursday. One hour later. CBS.

04-17-10, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Promos..."
My older son doesn't post on message boards, but he's watched LOST with me since the beginning. I said this week I was tired of all the running around in the jungle. He said -- it's always been groups running around in the jungle.

People going out into the jungle to find lost stuff. People looking for Others. People running from Others. People running from smoke monster. People going from beach to caves to hatch to rafts to distress signal to Black Rock to drug plane to temple to four-toed statue to Otherton to loading dock to other hatches to Hydra Island and back to the beach.

People saying I don't want to be with your people any more so I'm staying. Other people saying well I'm going. People who stayed behind deciding to go find the other people. People who left going back to find the ones who stayed. People looking to rescue prisoners. Prisoners on the run. People schlepping dynamite to blow things up. People following underground cables. People tracking real trails, false trails, and real pig trails.

People running to new old places because bad people are coming from old places and new places. Bad people who look like friends, and old enemies who are now looking for trust, Dead people who also get around and may or may not be trustworthy. People who seem to be alive but who may have died showing up everywhere.

And if it's the Season Finale, a whole lot of people will be going somewhere that they hope is safer than where they are, or back to somewhere they worked really hard to leave.

Now all I want is for all the people to get together on one beach, so I know where they are, like it was before Jack found the caves, in the days when they were all at the beach.

This is my way of saying I look forward to the merge. May there be many blue tarps and mangos for all.

04-17-10, 07:39 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Promos..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-10 AT 02:37 PM (EST)

My hope for this episode is a reunion for Jin and Sun....Jin getting to see his little girl for the first time was a great scene. I sure hope that they don't make us wait for one more week for this!

I agree that Lost has been about all of the things above that you mentioned all along, but it's always been about the commitment of our Losties to each other, and having to choose the best decision for themselves. The best scenes in this show have always been about their love for each other for me. Scenes like when Sawyer was chopping the wood preparing to leave on the raft and he told Jack about meeting his father. The scene where Hurley got the Dharma van to work and went on a joy ride with Charlie, Sawyer, Jin, and Vincent. The scene with Kate and Sawyer in the hatch when she was nursing him back to health and he woke up. The great polar bear cage scenes with Sawyer and Kate, and when Sawyer kissed Kate and jumped out of the helicopter. The scenes with Charlie and Desmond and all of the times he saved him, and then with the final scenes in the underground station, and Charlie's death scene. And all of the times when Sayid went to war for the group, and when he helped Desmond make his call on the freighter. The scene where Ben was redeemed, and forgiven by Ilana. And, the scene where Kate said good-bye to Aaron as she decides to go back and find his real mother. As a mother, that scene probably ranked number one...the pure selflessness that that one act took. There are so very many more...it's time to see where all of the selfless acts leads them, and it better be something good....why be the lucky series that gets to have an ending if it can't live up to the series itself? And, I, like others, have real hope that the writers won't let us down.

Getting them all back together again is indeed a start....hope it's not too late!

04-17-10, 07:54 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Promos..."
Thursday, one hour later, CBS....alternate realities...

04-18-10, 08:15 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Promos..."

Villains' and Heroes' camps merge ...
Meanwhile, in an alt world called Ponderosa, people eat well, shower, and blow dry their hair. Every three days, the two worlds overlap, and it's almost like the Ponderosa people remember life on the island.

FP, I agree about all the great scenes you listed.
My comlaint about this season is it's very dark in tone (with Sayid and Claire claimed and all the death),and I don't feel grounded as to where they are -- not since they left the Temple (which now seems like a pointless location to me).

I feel like a lot of time is being spent just physically shuffling characters from one spot to another, and not enough time exploring meanings of what's going on.

At this point, they don't have enough time left in the series to adequately address all the subtleties of the LOST creation. They just don't.

04-18-10, 04:50 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Promos..."
I feel like a lot of time is being spent just physically shuffling characters from one spot to another, and not enough time exploring meanings of what's going on.

At this point, they don't have enough time left in the series to adequately address all the subtleties of the LOST creation. They just don't.

Yes, I tend to agree with you. It is so dark...Locke, Sayid, and Claire are really gone...and we aren't getting enough to really chew on with each episode that unfolds...like Sawyer and Kate, I feel like we are just sitting around doing nothing...waiting. It looks like all of the candidates will merge together in the ER...Locke, Ben, Sun, Jin, Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Miles, maybe Sayid. Don't know how they'd get Hurley there, or if he even needs to go there. And, at the same time they will merge on the Island as well...clearly with the next episode, the war will begin, if it hasn't already.

Is Widmore's sole intent to contain XLocke with the electromagnetic powers of the Island somehow?

I heard after "the Last Recruit" that we will have to wait 2 weeks for the next new episode. Instead, they will replay "Ab Aeterno" again.

04-19-10, 07:29 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Promos..."
Nice point about the ER. Hadn't thought of that. The plotlines from the previous cliffhangers had faded from my mind. How appropriate that Jack's domain should be the center.

>>> It looks like all of the candidates will merge together in the ER...Locke, Ben, Sun, Jin, Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Miles, maybe Sayid.

Will Desmond show up?
I suppose Hurley could choke on some chicken.

Hurley got Locke his job, but we've seen nothing about them staying in touch -- but if they had he could potentially get a call.

Claire could be back in the hospital as well.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-17-10, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Willy Wonka"
promo freaks me out....

Theres no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
Theres no knowing where were rowing
Or which way the rivers flowing
Is it raining? Is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a-blowing?
Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of Hell a-glowing?
Is the grisly reaper mowing?
Yes! The danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
And theyre certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing!!!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-10, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Willy Wonka"
I hadn't seen that promo on TV but read about it in EW last night. It is freaky!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-22-10, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Willy Wonka"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-10 AT 12:17 PM (EST)

From LostPedia:

Trailers for this episode featured the Pendulum song "Through The Loop". The song features samples of The Rowing Song, as spoken by Gene Wilder in the 1971 film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, which was again adapted from "The Rowers", a 1959 poem by Roald Dahl. In the movie it is part of the selection process of choosing a candidate to succeed Willy Wonka. The candidates do not know this to start with - they think their Golden Ticket has won them a tour of the Wonka factory and a lifetime supply of chocolate. The factory tour seems an uncontrolled journey (as this song alludes to) yet it weeds out those who are not worthy, leaving Charlie, who almost falters at the end, yet succeeds through selflessness and doing what is right.

oops...had to fix my link

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •