The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I'm so glad the Fester's were eliminated"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-14-01, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I'm so glad the Fester's were eliminated"
It had top rank up there as one of the most disappointing points of the show when Kevin and Drew were edged out by the Guidos. No one wanted to see the Guidos continue on in this race. I remember seeing all the sad posts here after that episode BUT....

How much better was it to watch the Guidos completing meaningless tasks and relegated to also-rans for the last two episodes. They had no chance at all of winning, but they still ended up running around China and Alaska trying to catch up. It would have been sad to see Kevin and Drew get that letter right before the dog-sledding, but it was SO DAMN FUNNY to see Blonde Guido's face when he found out the race was already OVER.

God works in mysterious ways!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I'm so glad the Fester's were e... sctes 12-14-01 1
 RE: I'm so glad the Fester's were e... heymikey 12-14-01 2
   RE: I'm so glad the Fester's were e... PagongRatEater 12-14-01 3
       RE: I'm so glad the Fester's were e... sctes 12-14-01 4
       RE: I'm so glad the Fester's were e... Cole 12-14-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sctes 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-14-01, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sctes Click to send private message to sctes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I'm so glad the Fester's were eliminated"
I thought it was priceless that every other team was at the finish line together except the Guidos. I almost felt sorry for them the last couple of episodes (almost!). As much as I would have enjoyed more Fester moments, it didn't seem like either of the 3rd/4th place teams would have had any shot of winning at that point anyway.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-14-01, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I'm so glad the Fester's were eliminated"
>>> They had no chance at all of winning, but they still ended up running around China and Alaska trying to catch up

I don't know about you and what your work ethics are, but I totally admire the optimism and how they never gave up on what they do.

I remember this story said by one of the sports newscasters during the Sydney Olympics. He told a story about a previous Olympic race competition (I don't know which year and the exact competition) about this contestant from Africa who arrived hours after the race has finished (in fact, he arrived during the ceremony when they were handing out the medals). The newscaster asked him why he did not just gave up and his response was "My country did not send me here to start a race. They sent me here to finish one." I guess it's just me but I really admire people with that kind of attitude.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-14-01, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I'm so glad the Fester's were eliminated"
I definitely admire the fact that they never gave up, but I can also appreciate and enjoy that it was the Guidos who wasted their time instead of the Festers.

sctes 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-14-01, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sctes Click to send private message to sctes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I'm so glad the Fester's were eliminated"
>I definitely admire the fact that
>they never gave up, but
>I can also appreciate and
>enjoy that it was the
>Guidos who wasted their time
>instead of the Festers.

It would have been priceless to watch the Festers dealing with the carpet toss (fly you fat bastard!) as well as the dog sled. I agree though that overall it was pleasing to see them at the finish with everyone else while the Guidos were off thousands of miles away. Bill and Joe did hold their heads up, and despite what appeared to all of us as a no-chance-whatsoever situation, they were at their finest. Maybe this is because they knew it was over rather than some kind of genuine optimism. I thought his praise for R&B seemed sincere when they found out it was over. I wonder how they felt about F&M.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-14-01, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I'm so glad the Fester's were eliminated"
As much as I disliked the Guidos, you had to admire them for refusing to cave in. I'm not sure how they knew they were exactly 24 hours behind, someone must have told them, but throughout the race they have been competitive. Refusing to give up is what enabled them to beat the Festers, and I don't see why their attitude should have changed.

As mean as it is, I have to agree that the crestfallen look on blonde Guido was priceless, and the symbolism of the two of them being left out in the cold while everyone else was partying in New York was fitting. Throughout the race they isolated themselves from the other teams, and were left isolated at the end.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •