The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why Couldn't They See How Many Envelopes Were There?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

hardbody 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-14-01, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why Couldn't They See How Many Envelopes Were There?"
Has anyone else been wondering why couldn't Team Lawyer and Team Frankarita see how many envelopes were in the box when they reached the park in the Bronx? All throughout the other legs of the race, they were able to tell who had already been there by seeing how many envelopes were left in each box at the pitstops. Did the producers put a bunch of extra envelopes in the box so that they couldn't tell who had been there? Why else would Frankarita think they were the first to get there?
Hmmm, I am just so curious about that? I am stoked that Team Lawyer won, I think they played with the best sportsmanship and attitude.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why Couldn't They See How Many ... sctes 12-14-01 1
 Three Envelopes sleeeve 12-14-01 2
   RE: Three Envelopes Cole 12-14-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sctes 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-14-01, 01:13 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Why Couldn't They See How Many Envelopes Were There?"
We were discussing that very point in another thread. Clearly the producers set it up this way on purpose. Obviously F&M thought they were first, so either there had to be more envelopes in the box, or each team had their own private box. I'm sure F&M weren't just oblvious. R&B could have put their envelope back in to fool F&M, but we know this didn't happen. R&B were not certain that they were in the lead, so there could not have been exactly two envelopes in the box when they arrived. F&M were so sure they were first, so either there were exactly two envelopes when they arrived, or they just didn't allow doubt to enter into the picture. Even though Frank was more cocky, I thought Margarita was more certain than he was. It kind of reminded me of Gina and what's his face from Love Cruise.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-14-01, 04:01 PM (EST)
2. "Three Envelopes"
My guess is that there were three envelopes originally...

BUT... back at the great wall of China, the producers knew that Team Guido was a day behind, so they set up the clue with only two envelopes (and added an extra envelope the next day).

Thus, then Rob and Brennan arrived, they saw three envelopes, and knew they were in the lead (as we saw)... but when Frank and Margarita arrived, and took out their envelope, they probably assumed that the other envelope in the box was for the lawyers, and assumed that they were in the lead.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-14-01, 04:12 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Three Envelopes"
Good thinking, but the only problem with that theory is that both Rob and Brennan made comments when they were on the train about how they didn't know if they were ahead or behind, but there was nothing they could do about it. Seems as if there were only three envelopes, they would have said something about how they got the first one. Rob and Brennan were smart enough to check, at the Great Wall they said how Frangarita weren't there yet.

I'm still going with the multiple envelopes (say like 5). The producers edited out any comments about the number to try and make it more suspenseful.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •