URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 376
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I'm so glad the Fester's were eliminated"

Posted by PagongRatEater on 12-14-01 at 11:50 AM
It had top rank up there as one of the most disappointing points of the show when Kevin and Drew were edged out by the Guidos. No one wanted to see the Guidos continue on in this race. I remember seeing all the sad posts here after that episode BUT....

How much better was it to watch the Guidos completing meaningless tasks and relegated to also-rans for the last two episodes. They had no chance at all of winning, but they still ended up running around China and Alaska trying to catch up. It would have been sad to see Kevin and Drew get that letter right before the dog-sledding, but it was SO DAMN FUNNY to see Blonde Guido's face when he found out the race was already OVER.

God works in mysterious ways!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I'm so glad the Fester's were eliminated"
Posted by sctes on 12-14-01 at 11:56 AM
I thought it was priceless that every other team was at the finish line together except the Guidos. I almost felt sorry for them the last couple of episodes (almost!). As much as I would have enjoyed more Fester moments, it didn't seem like either of the 3rd/4th place teams would have had any shot of winning at that point anyway.

Posted by heymikey on 12-14-01 at 12:15 PM
>>> They had no chance at all of winning, but they still ended up running around China and Alaska trying to catch up

I don't know about you and what your work ethics are, but I totally admire the optimism and how they never gave up on what they do.

I remember this story said by one of the sports newscasters during the Sydney Olympics. He told a story about a previous Olympic race competition (I don't know which year and the exact competition) about this contestant from Africa who arrived hours after the race has finished (in fact, he arrived during the ceremony when they were handing out the medals). The newscaster asked him why he did not just gave up and his response was "My country did not send me here to start a race. They sent me here to finish one." I guess it's just me but I really admire people with that kind of attitude.

Posted by PagongRatEater on 12-14-01 at 12:32 PM
I definitely admire the fact that they never gave up, but I can also appreciate and enjoy that it was the Guidos who wasted their time instead of the Festers.

Posted by sctes on 12-14-01 at 01:07 PM
>I definitely admire the fact that
>they never gave up, but
>I can also appreciate and
>enjoy that it was the
>Guidos who wasted their time
>instead of the Festers.

It would have been priceless to watch the Festers dealing with the carpet toss (fly you fat bastard!) as well as the dog sled. I agree though that overall it was pleasing to see them at the finish with everyone else while the Guidos were off thousands of miles away. Bill and Joe did hold their heads up, and despite what appeared to all of us as a no-chance-whatsoever situation, they were at their finest. Maybe this is because they knew it was over rather than some kind of genuine optimism. I thought his praise for R&B seemed sincere when they found out it was over. I wonder how they felt about F&M.

Posted by Cole on 12-14-01 at 01:09 PM
As much as I disliked the Guidos, you had to admire them for refusing to cave in. I'm not sure how they knew they were exactly 24 hours behind, someone must have told them, but throughout the race they have been competitive. Refusing to give up is what enabled them to beat the Festers, and I don't see why their attitude should have changed.

As mean as it is, I have to agree that the crestfallen look on blonde Guido was priceless, and the symbolism of the two of them being left out in the cold while everyone else was partying in New York was fitting. Throughout the race they isolated themselves from the other teams, and were left isolated at the end.