The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WWYD or What Would Your Reaction Be..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Current Message

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-12, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "The Rest of the Story"
I was curious to see what reactions were because all of you are strangers, like many of the parents on that field that night.

The division we play in at this time is between T-Ball and Kid Pitch. We do not have Coach Pitch. We use a pitching machine. It's interesting because of the mix of kids involved. You still get kids who have never played any ball, and then you have kids who have played a lot and who are now involved in "Travel Ball," which is very competitive. Travel Ball is going to give you more of the better players because you are not playing with kids who have never played the game.

This Division also has an "All Star" tournament at the end of the year. The quote is deliberate because it's really an invitational tournament. There are no stats kept in the division, and we do not have standings. We basically keep score to keep track of outs and the mercy rule. Last year's "All Star" team was made up of all of the coaches' sons, with a few really good players in the mix. Two of the coaches' sons were not good - at all. It showed the transparency of the whole process.

I do not subscribe to the "everyone must win" mantra, but I do believe in being fair - especially given the circumstances.

My son's team was the team winning at the time the incident occurred. The other team is coached by three dads of players on that team. Coach A is the head coach, and he is super competitive and wants to win. He yells a lot. He and I have talked about this before because of how "stressed" out he seemed to be on Thanksgiving Day during a football game that was just for fun. Coach B is a loud mouth, who also yells a lot. During one game last year, he made a scene by going out to his kid in the middle of an inning to take his gum away because he thought his kid was paying more attention to the gum than to the game. Coach C used to be my neighbor. He and his wife split, and he moved out of the neighborhood. She stayed. I have always been on good terms with him and his wife. I also know Coach A outside of baseball.

Prior to this particular game, things had been happening throughout the course of the season - mainly with these three coaches' kids. They have become terrible sportsman saying mean things on and off the field to other kids. Coach A's kid told another teammate during a game that "he hated him and he sucked" because the player misplayed a ball. They refused to warm up with kids, etc., and have just said mean things because they are "All Stars" and other kids aren't. These three kids are also kids that bat at the top of the lineup consistently and rarely play outfield. They never play catcher.

Coach A and B coached together last year. The consistently run extra bases on errors. And last year year they broke little league rules by bringing in a sub for a missing player and batting him fourth in the lineup and playing him in the infield the whole game. They actually did switch up their lineup one game last year and actually did give some other players a chance to play infield. They lost to a team that only won one game the whole season. At the end of the game, instead of saying, "Congratulations or Great First Win," Coach A said, "That's the last time I play that lineup again."

Back to our game. Our team was ahead. It was Coach C who called the timeout and charged out to the outfield and yelled at what appeared to be the two players standing there. One was his son. After that incident, the game turned ugly. They started taking extra bases on errors, etc. Our coaching staff stuck to our game plan, and I commend them for it. At one point during the game, Coach B was coaching third base. When one of our moms said something about the extra base running, he turned to her and said, "He likes to win," referencing Coach A. They ended up winning the game 10-9.

After the game, we were all leaving. Coach A approached me in the parking lot and said, "I'm sorry I had to run my guys on y'all like that, but I needed to wake them up. I was with my husband and son and just kind of let it go, but I really didn't care for the comment. All of this happened on Tuesday.

On Wednesday morning, someone reported the "freaking feet" outburst to the league. I don't know who did. I think I do based on comments made after it happened, but I don't know for sure. The interesting thing is that no one had to report it because someone from the league was at the field and saw the whol incident, plus some other bad behavior. The league apparently handed down some sort of punishment.

On Thursday evening Coach B was in the stands watching his daughter play softball. The sister of one of our players plays on the same team as Coach B's daughter, so her parents were there. Coach B launched into a tirade about being reported to the league. He didn't say anything directly to our parents, but he said a lot of nasty things within earshot about our team calling us all sore losers and insulting our coaching staff.

On Friday morning I, along with another mom from our team attended a Mother's Day breakfast at our sons' school. Coach C's ex-wife (my neighbor) was there. She wouldn't speak to us, wouldn't even look at us.

On Friday afternoon, I sent an email to Coach A letting him know that I knew a complaint had been filed, but I didn't know anything else about it. I also addressed him comment to me after the game, and I addressed his competitiveness. I told him I thought it was having a negative effect on the game, players and coaches. I asked him to discuss it with me in person. He didn't take it well.

On Saturday, Coach A was absent from his game, but Coaches B and C spent much of their time before the game, after the game and in between innings running around saying horrible things about all of the moms on our team.

There has been never-ending drama going on all week.

I think I am most upset with my neighbor at this point. While I didn't agree with what Coach C did, I knew he was mainly yelling at his kid on the field that night. We're not social, close friends, but we're neighbors. Our kids are going to be together in school for the next 10 years. We're also going to run into one another at the pool, etc. I really don't want the tension. I left her a note asking her to call me or come by, and she has refused, instead taking that note to Coach A adding more fuel to the fire.

It's just a sad situation all around.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 WWYD or What Would Your Reaction Be...   samboohoo     05-17-12       
   RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   byoffer     05-17-12     1  
     RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   qwertypie     05-17-12     3  
         RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   byoffer     05-17-12     8  
             RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   samboohoo     05-17-12     10  
                 RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   byoffer     05-17-12     12  
     RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   weltek     05-17-12     5  
     RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   samboohoo     05-17-12     7  
   I wouldn't have liked it   moonbaby     05-17-12     2  
   RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   Molaholic     05-17-12     4  
     RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   jbug     05-17-12     6  
     RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   byoffer     05-17-12     9  
         RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   Molaholic     05-17-12     11  
     Hooray!   moonbaby     05-17-12     16  
   RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   samboohoo     05-17-12     13  
     RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   byoffer     05-17-12     14  
     RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   PepeLePew13     05-17-12     15  
         RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   weltek     05-17-12     17  
   The Rest of the Story   samboohoo     05-18-12     18  
     RE: The Rest of the Story   byoffer     05-18-12     20  
         RE: The Rest of the Story   samboohoo     05-18-12     23  
   RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   VisionQuest     05-18-12     19  
   RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   bondt007     05-18-12     21  
     RE: WWYD or What Would Your Reactio...   samboohoo     05-18-12     22  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •