What is so amusing about me coaching?!? I dress much differently for coaching than for, say, Loser Lodge!!
It always amazes me that while all these parents want their kids involved in all these activities, there are so few who will step forward and help.
Not to toot my own horn (I heard one can go blind doing that!), but over the years I have:
- soccer coach x4 seasons, every season that my kids have played
- baseball coach x14 seasons (3 kids, and this was all but one that my kids have played). Went on to be convenor and commissioner (while still coaching 2 teams) for the baseball league for 4-5 years. And I hate baseball (never played as a kid, and to be honest think it is pretty boring for most kids)
- 2 x highschool trip parent. 6 bus-loads of highschool kids at the zoo. Frightening - for the animals!!
- 4 years of assisting with set building for musical theatre, drama, and dance at eldest son's school
- Also had to rent truck and spend weekend moving sets back and forth for a drama competition when the staff advisor "quit" on the kids.
- Scout leader for 3 years (son was in Cubs/Scouts for total of 6 years.)
I have more t-shirts in my closet from coaching kids teams than t-shirts I have actually purchased!
People say, "you are great for helping" to which I respond "Aw shucks". I think I need to get a better response to get people to realize that they can help too!!