LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 01:02 AM (EST)
Rock Star: Supernova is upon us and in board tradition, so is the Love List. All I can say after the premier is a big … WOW! I am so excited for this upcoming season. The talent level from top to bottom is once again outstanding. An entire season of that unmentionable show was put to shame in about an hour and half.
Now I know that the first week of the love list is the hardest because there so little to go on, but let’s give it a shot. Remember that a love list can be based on anything you like. From the cutest, to he/she had the best voice, to I loved his/her look the most, to this contestant reminds me of my favorite 2nd cousin on my mother’s side, or a mix of all of the above, whatever! As long as your ranking is true to your feelings, then it is correct.
Well I’ve now watched & re-watched the premier a couple times and I’m ready, are you?
1) Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium” Must admit that the girl scares me some and could probably kick my azz but I loved it. The way Dilana didn’t bite on the first 2 jam parts of Lithium and made us wait for her explosion of madness was fantastic! Awesome performance and was by far & away the best of the night in my humble bumble opinion. Only concern is that her gravely voice might get exposed some with soft pop stuff the contestants will eventually have to sing. For pure in your face rock, gimmie Dilana, well done ya freak
2) Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life” – Sorry Jason but you can’t marry this girl because she is mine! Oh my freakin’ gawd is this girl hot. Couldn’t wait for the show to be over so I could watch her again. Do I think she is going to win and is right for Supernova? N-O but that doesn’t matter because I’m in love.
3) Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell” Now that was a show! Can you say Sid Vicious and the Sex Pistols? Understanding every word that comes from a lead singer’s mouth simply doesn’t matter. Has that rock aura and persona.
4) Matt Hoffer – Coldplay “Yellow” Much like Zayra, no chance of him winning but I have to root for the hometown kid. Plus I really did enjoy the sound of his voice, very soothing.
5) Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard” – Great way to kick off the show! Storm has that power cord range and I have a feeling we will also be blown away when she slows it down. Think Jordis and her version of Baba was a better kickoff to last season but hey I’m biased
6) Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris” Love the Goo Goo Dolls and I didn’t feel violated after his performance. Very entertaining. From NY and looks a little like a young Bruce. Nice.
7) Josh Logan – Black Crowes “She Talks to Angels” Josh may have the best male voice this season but are the intangibles there? Wish I knew the direction Supernova wanted to go before I get to invested in Josh. Hoping for great things from him.
8) Patrice Pike – Jefferson Airplane “Somebody to Love” Same as Josh, think Patrice my have the best overall female voice and hoping for great things.
9) Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me” Yeah she is more pop than rock but thought it was good. Like Zayra & Matt, probably not gonna win the gig but I will enjoy her talents on the show while it last.
10) Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” Not blown away or just didn’t feel it.
11) Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality” Not blown away or just didn’t feel it.
12) Jill Gioia – Janis Joplin “Piece of my Heart” Not blown away or just didn’t feel it.
13) Magni – Rolling Stones “Satisfaction” Maybe the song just didn’t suit him? If Supernova wants to go “heavy” then maybe he has a chance. Otherwise, make Iceland proud with what little time you get.
14) Dana Andrews – Melissa Etheridge “I’m the Only One” So you want go from your first ever airplane ride to fronting a band in front of thousands of people? Not a chance. She’s seems sweet, but so out of her element. The pipes seems to be there but not ready.
15) Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne” Chris I think we’re hardly going to know ya.
Here’s an easy cut & paste list in the order the contestants appeared for your own love list and have fun with it!
Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard”
Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris”
Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”
Patrice Pike – Jefferson Airplane “Somebody to Love”
Magni – Rolling Stones “Satisfaction”
Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life”
Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me”
Josh Logan – Black Crowes “She Talks to Angels”
Matt Hoffer – Coldplay “Yellow”
Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium”
Dana Andrews – Melissa Etheridge “I’m the Only One”
Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality”
Jill Gioia – Janis Joplin “Piece of my Heart”
Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne”
Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell”