The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mario should have won"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

starzfan 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-16-06, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail starzfan Click to send private message to starzfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mario should have won"
Mario was the better dancer by far. Maybe there should be two trophy's - one from the fans and one from the judges! Mario is almost at pro level. Emmet improved the most, but his ability does not exceed Mario's. I am very disappointed in the voter's...they voted as fans and not by ability.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mario should have won fanaticfan 11-16-06 1
   RE: Mario should have won sharnina 11-16-06 2
 RE: Mario should have won Round Robin 11-16-06 3
   RE: Mario should have won Sagebrush Dan 11-16-06 6
 RE: Mario should have won Ladyivory13 11-16-06 4
 RE: Mario should have won Sagebrush Dan 11-16-06 5
 RE: Mario should have won iltarion 11-16-06 7
   RE: Mario should have won leesa 11-16-06 9
   RE: Mario LisaPles 11-16-06 11
 RE: Mario should have won Lasann 11-16-06 8
   RE: Mario should have won Missjackie33 11-16-06 17
       RE: Mario should have won One_Love 11-17-06 18
           RE: Mario should have won maryellennaco 11-17-06 19
 RE: Mario should have won Savahnna 11-16-06 10
   RE: Mario should have won iltarion 11-16-06 12
       RE: Mario should have won leesa 11-16-06 13
           RE: Mario should have won Sagebrush Dan 11-16-06 15
       Hammer AyaK 11-17-06 20
 RE: Mario should have won hutch918 11-16-06 14
   RE: Mario should have won iltarion 11-16-06 16
 RE: Mario should have won MarioLover09 11-18-06 21
   RE: Mario didn't win LisaPles 11-20-06 23
       RE: Mario didn't win MizJazmine 11-20-06 25
 RE: Mario should have won CattyChat 11-18-06 22
 RE: Mario should have won kingskii 11-20-06 24
   RE: Mario should have won Round Robin 11-23-06 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

fanaticfan 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-06, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fanaticfan Click to send private message to fanaticfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Mario should have won"
That's exactly why he didn't win! I watched the whole season and felt that Mario could have done what he did in the finale on day 1. He had previous training in dance choreography from Kids Inc. and possibly other entertainment shows. Emmitt came in as an 'everyday guy', like Keri Ann said, and actually learned how to be a better dancer each week. That's the difference. Personally, I think that's more commendable than sustaining the same level throughout the whole competition.

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-16-06, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Mario should have won"
Couldn't agree with you more, fanaticfan.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-16-06, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mario should have won"
Mario better by far? BULL. If he's so great, how come the judges tied them 2 weeks in a row, hmmmm?

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-16-06, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Mario should have won"
It was political. They wanted to even up the scores so that it would be up to the voters. Equal talent and skill had nothing to do with it.

The hills are alive with the sigs of Tribe.
You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ladyivory13 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-06, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ladyivory13 Click to send private message to Ladyivory13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mario should have won"
You are so right and the whole thing is wrong. What is the point of having the show if the most popular will win.

11-16-06, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Mario should have won"
Yup

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-16-06, 04:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Mario should have won"
I think someone informed Mario of the way the votes were going beforehand. He clearly looked like someone who already knew what was coming before it was announced. Karina said it best when she said Mario was the best man of the competition. Quite right. The best dancer DWTS has ever seen, and I never thought I would say that after Stacy.

leesa 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-16-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leesa Click to send private message to leesa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Mario should have won"
>I think someone informed Mario of
>the way the votes were
>going beforehand. He clearly looked
>like someone who already knew
>what was coming before it
>was announced. Karina said it
>best when she said Mario
>was the best man of
>the competition. Quite right. The
>best dancer DWTS has ever
>seen, and I never thought
>I would say that after
>Stacy.

she said to her, he was the best man of the competition...i'm going to give him his props, boy can dance. but Emmitt won because he was more popular. so come on, it was fun to watch. don't let it aggravate you.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-16-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Mario "
>I think someone informed Mario of
>the way the votes were
>going beforehand. He clearly looked
>like someone who already knew
>what was coming before it
>was announced.

Didn't that stupid look on his face make you just want to reach in to your TV and smack him?

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-16-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Mario should have won"
While Mario is the best dancer, and Emmitt was the most improved, the popular vote wins!

I wanted a tie!

It a Tribe original!!!

Missjackie33 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-06, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Missjackie33 Click to send private message to Missjackie33 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Mario should have won"
Don't get me wrong---I think Mario is a wonderful dancer. I also thought Joey was a wonderful dancer. But, I was under the impression that the series was taking non-dancers and transforming them into dancers. In which case---I think Emmitt was very deserving of the top honor. I have been watching Mario and Joey dance for years. They may not be ballroom professionals, but they have been dancing. That is why I voted for Emmitt. I liked watching him improve. Mario started out perfect! He is very entertaining, and easy on the eyes, but I think Emmitt was the one that deserved the title because he is really a non-dancer. Thanks for allowing me my opinion.

One_Love 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-06, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail One_Love Click to send private message to One_Love Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Mario should have won"
I have been
>watching Mario and Joey dance
>for years. They may not
>be ballroom professionals, but they
>have been dancing. That is
>why I voted for Emmitt.

Ok, out of curiosity here, where exactly have you been watching joey and mario dance "for years". I mean is there an underground dancing ring i'm unaware of. Can i get exact programs or shows you've been watching "for years" seeing them dance. As far as Joey, he claimed to only know tap dancing from when he was really small. Is that considered professional trained? I'm pretty sure in his adult life he wasnt performing tap dancing routines on tv or on tour or something. But I digress, the judges have no purpose on this show, they only vote the way the producers want them to, so they'll get more van base. Mario was obviously the best dancer and unlike most I actually voted for the best dancer. Although again he never claimed to have been a dancer or know any of these dances. Never saw him dancing while he was hosting any of his shows. Well at least 1 person on here has again, been watching him do these mystery dances "for years" , maybe in her dreams? I dont know...

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-17-06, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Mario should have won"
"UNDERGROUND DANCING RING" Bwwwwhhhaaaaaa!!!!! THAT is hilarious!!

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-16-06, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Mario should have won"
I know there's better things to be conflicted about........but it was a tough one for me. I really do think Mario should have won......But Emmit did an awesome quick step in the Hammer number.

I found the added drama with the judges tieing a few times infantile and insulting. Like we really believe they thought they both deserved triple 10's (eyes roll)

I thought I might enjoy seeing Mario humbled a little. But he's a good guy and I really felt bad for him. You could see he was happy for Emmit and he was more than a gracious loser. Oh.....and NEXT year I'm not watching!!!!

yeah sure.

11-16-06, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Mario should have won"
For K-Ann to say that Emmitt "put Hammer to shame" tells me that she has never seen MC Hammer dance. That looked NOTHING like MC Hammer. Emmitt moves his feet well, as he did on the football field, and he moves his shoulders, but he doesn't move any other part of his body. Hammer did those moves with his entire body. Say whatever want about Hammer's rapping, his fashion sense, and his spending habits, but he was one ELL of a dancer. Emmitt is no Hammer.

leesa 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-16-06, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leesa Click to send private message to leesa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Mario should have won"
OMG to those denigrating Emmitt and Cheryl for winning last night. Please get over the fact that your favorite didn't win.

Thank you.

11-16-06, 09:02 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Mario should have won"
Okay. Done. Now what do you want us to do?

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-06, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Hammer"
>Say whatever you want about Hammer's rapping

One word: amateurish

>his fashion sense

or lack thereof

>and his spending habits

Don't know anything about them. Did he go bankrupt?

>but he was one ELL of a dancer.

For once, we agree. Hammer wasn't really a rapper; he was a performer. Unfortunately for people's ears, he tried to be a rapper.

He and K-Fed have two things in common: can dance, can't rap.

>Emmitt is no Hammer.

We again agree. But Emmitt was popular, even if he danced like Clem Cadiddlehopper. Must be a lot more Cowboy fans out there than I knew about.

hutch918 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-06, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hutch918 Click to send private message to hutch918 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Mario should have won"
You are right...and you are wrong. Mario is almost pro level but that is only because he has had previous dance training. I think the whole idea of the show is to take people WITHOUT any prior training and teach them to dance. It gives each one equal opportunity and an equal amount of time to learn. And THAT is what made Emmit the winner.

11-16-06, 09:58 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Mario should have won"
Well, I understand that point of view. For me, the 3 most entertaining people to watch dance have been Stacy, Drew and Mario, so 3 people who had prior training. I wouldn't watch DWTS without people who really can dance being on it, but that is just my point of view.

MarioLover09 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-06, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MarioLover09 Click to send private message to MarioLover09 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Mario should have won"
i am also very upset about the results. please all mario fans sign my petition and pass on to your friends. this is going to abc.
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/marioshouldvewon
^^

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-06, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Mario didn't win "
>i am also very upset about
>the results. please all mario
>fans sign my petition and
>pass on to your friends.
>this is going to abc.

Oh my God, how stupid is this? I'm sure ABC will call an emergency meeting right away, change the winner to Mario, and schedule a TV special for the celebration and announcement of the "real" winner. DUH!

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-06, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Mario didn't win "
HAHAHAHAHAHA....ROFL...OMG!!!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-18-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Mario should have won"
Every year it's the same thing -- so-called "petitions" for the runner-up who "should have won" and outrage and heated debates from both sides.

I couldn't even get through to vote & personally didn't care. I got the enjoyment of the "finally." Emmitt was highly entertaining & I prefer his "personality." Mario skills made me forget I was watching a "celebrity."

Who cares who won? It's not like they win a million dollars or the runner-up gets put to death for losing. They all got some more exposure, some got new relationships (however short-lived they may be), they all had a great time & entertained us all.

Personally, I was rather bored this season & even had a hard time paying attention. I enjoy SYTYCD so much more and can't wait until next summer when the serious dancers & talent compete!!!!

I expect to see you there, Sagebrush

kingskii 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-06, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingskii Click to send private message to kingskii Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Mario should have won"
I will admit that I am a Dallas Cowboys fan and I wanted Emmitt to win. When the competition started I knew he had a chance after his first dance and you've got to admit that Emmitt was light on his feet and did get numerous of long standing ovations from the live crowd and the judges did judge fair, look at how the judged Master P. last season. plain and simple it's not Emmitt's fault he is a NFL legend!

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-23-06, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Mario should have won"
Mario wasn't as perfect a dancer as some of you think. Male pros Max and Nick (I ain't about to try to spell those last names!) were quoted in TV Guide as sayng Emmitt was the better technical dancer, and one of them, I forget which, was highly critical of Mario for toe-leading all the time and not heel-leading when he should, which he described as a major sin in ballroom dancing.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •