The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMITH!!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

LovelyP41 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-16-06, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMITH!!!!"
Emmitt Smith definitely deserved to win the trophy last night. He is a man who had no dance experience (unlike Mario) and he improved consistently. He actually is a guy who really had an unfair advantage due to his weight and background as a football player. He had to and he did work very hard putting his heart and soul into the competition. Emmitt was a gentleman throughout the competition and in the end, giving respect to Mario who was/is a great dancer. Technically, yes, Mario was better (he's smaller and has the physique of a dancer)however, Dancing With The Stars isn't about who is technically better, it's about who has made the greatest improvement as well as the popularity of the dancer--it's a REALITY show not a technical or ballroom competition. (If it is true Mario had prior dance training which I really believe to be true---in my city, on the news, they showed a clip of him ballroom dancing when he was younger---then he had an unfair advantage.)

CONGRATULATIONS TO EMMITT--YOUR HARD WORK PAID OFF AND YOU DESERVED THE WIN!!!!!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMIT... true 11-16-06 1
 RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMIT... sisyphus 11-16-06 2
       RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMIT... qwertypie 11-20-06 12
 RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMIT... Lasann 11-16-06 3
   RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON LisaPles 11-16-06 5
 RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMIT... leesa 11-16-06 4
   RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMIT... LisaPles 11-16-06 6
       RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMIT... iltarion 11-16-06 7
           RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMIT... frodis 11-16-06 8
 RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMIT... Sagebrush Dan 11-20-06 10
   RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMIT... qwertypie 11-20-06 11
 RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMIT... kingskii 11-20-06 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-16-06, 10:02 AM (EST)
1. "RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMITH!!!!"
--it's a REALITY show not a technical or ballroom competition.

Well, tell that to the "judges" who ripped Mario a new one for "breaking the technical rules", and praised Emmitt because "it's not about being perfect technically, it's about entertainment"

The judges had two completly different standards for judging this "competition", and that's what annoys some viewers. This show was always billed as finding the best dancer, not most improved, or best smile. I agree with your observations, but the show DOES NOT bill itself as " a REALITY show not a technical or ballroom competition", just the opposite.

DWTS is an exibition and popularity contest, not a serious dance competition. They should lose the "judges" scores. They're a joke.

I like Emmitt, but I feel sorry for him winning, because he really thinks he was the best dancer. He's not, and it's obvious. He won a popularity contest, plain and simple, and if he's happy with that, fine, but he's going to get a lot of flack for it. Then again, I guess there are some people out there who really thought Jerry Rice was a better dancer than Stacey last season, but we all know the truth.

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-16-06, 10:39 AM (EST)
2. "RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMITH!!!!"
I was cheering for emmitt to win......Mario is a great dancer but I felt that he was taking the routines a bit for granted....and not putting is all into it because he has this natural ability or was it prior expereience with dance....I really felt that emmitt brought his A game on tuesday night, he moved with more energy, he was enjoying himself....there was just something about his performace....while i felt mario was just coasting along thinking he already won......and I am not a football fan

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-06, 04:34 PM (EST)
12. "RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMITH!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-06 AT 10:09 PM (EST)

ETA the sigh was in response to a (thankfully) deleted post. My post doesn't make much sense now. Cheers

!?! SIGH.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-16-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
3. "RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMITH!!!!"
Emmitt knows that Mario is a better dancer. Everyone knows that Mario is a better dancer.

As a coworker said today, every one knew that Clay was a better singer . . .

But Emmitt won!

I wanted a tie!

I love Emmitt. He and his partner had chemistry and some left over.

I love Mario. All the chemistry was from his partner, from what I could tell.

It a Tribe original!!!

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-16-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
5. "RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON"
>As a coworker said today, every
>one knew that Clay was
>a better singer.

Everyone? Not me and all the other people who voted. But that's for another forum I guess!

leesa 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-16-06, 12:30 PM (EST)
4. "RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMITH!!!!"
OMG people. Yes, Mario was a better dancer, sheeit he was probably better than some of the professional guys, but IMO that's what made it so boring. and he DID have dance training prior to the show which was an unfair advantage. but Emmitt came into this with no dance training and he won. it's not Emmitt's fault that he has so many fans and appeals to many people. let me tell you what didn't appeal to me...Mario and Karina fighting every week and talking to each other crazy and then coming out and acting like their sooo in love with each other...i'm telling you it was insincere and like Carrie Ann mentioned about the authenticity of the chemistry between couples..they lacked it big time. So come on, let's give both couples props for making it to the finals and give Emmitt and Cheryl props for winning.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-16-06, 12:44 PM (EST)
6. "RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMITH!!!!"
>Yes, Mario was
>a better dancer, he
>was probably better than some
>of the professional guys...

NO WAY! Mario couldn't come close to the talent of somebody like Tony. And Mario should leave the eighties dance moves back in the eighties where they belong! I kept laughing at him!

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-16-06, 01:09 PM (EST)
7. "RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMITH!!!!"
I disagree. Take a tape of the samba by one of the professionals and play it along side a tape of Mario doing his samba last night. There would be little difference. Is Mario quite the level of Tony? No, but his dancing Tuesday night was at pro level. He is the best dancer I have seen on DWTS, except maybe Stacy. I disagree that it is about who improves the most. It should be about the final product, not about who improved the most. That is just my opinion.
As I have said on another thread, I have no problem with Emmitt winning. It was VERY predictable. He was the most popular person other than Jerry Springer from the beginning and was going to win a long as he tried hard and danced well. Basically people are saying that because Mario had prior dance training and talent, he should be judged on a different level than Emmitt. Because Emmitt was an "everyday" guy (the guy with the NFL rushing record is an "everyday guy"?), he wasn't held to the same standards. I don't agree with that. Like I said, of course Emmitt was going to win and good for him. I don't have a problem with that. Jerry Rice made it farther than Stacy last season; that is all you have to know to know what the show is about. I just have a problem with the judges, who are supposed to be pros, NOT judging two competitors fairly. I expect that from the fans, but NOT from the judges. Just because you want to sleep with someone, Carrie Anne, doesn't mean you have to give him a 10 every time.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-16-06, 01:42 PM (EST)
8. "RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMITH!!!!"
I have to disagree. If the contest isn't about improving, then why hold it over a number of weeks? Why not have it be a one-night dance-off and crown Mario week one and get it over with. Why cast "stars" with no training in the first place?

I think Mario was the most talented dancer. I think that was true in week 1, and I think it was true last night. I still maintain that saying that he's as good as the professionals is way off. Don't forget that to some extent, the professionals have "dumbed down" their own dancing talents in order to dance with the "stars." If you watch them when they're dancing with other professionals, the difference is very noticible.

Mario is talented, yes, absolutely. But to compare his few months of professional dance training to people who have worked years and years, and who hold international professional titles is a little short-sighted. That would be like judging Emmitt Smith's football talents based on a pick-up game he plays with his family at Thanksgiving.

I appreciated the improvement that Emmitt made, and I was rooting for him to win. I'm glad he did. I enjoyed watching him week by week, to see what he had learned, and to see where he had improved. In the beginning I thought he was a real underdog - he's a big man whose body had taken a serious beating in his football career (running backs don't typically last as long as he did) and I'm surprised his knees didn't explode at some point during this competition. I quite honestly expected him to be another Evander Holyfield (Season 1) who, because he was such a large man, just wasn't able to move his feet the way a smaller, more slight person can. Emmitt plesantly surprised me.

If the show were a sprint, yeah, Mario should have won. But I see it as more of a process, and a cumulative effort, and because of that, I'm very happy that Emmitt won.

Like a bird on a stick, like a burning midnight fire, I have tried, in my life to be free.
Sigs by Bob-Poor drawing combined with obscure misquoted lyrics.

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-06, 04:16 PM (EST)
10. "RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMITH!!!!"
Well, since this show is over, it's time to pack up my tv tray and save the cheerleader for next year.

The hills are alive with the sigs of Tribe.
Not too creative, but I stayed within the rules.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-06, 04:33 PM (EST)
11. "RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMITH!!!!"
SIGH! Looks like this will die down just in time for the next season to start.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Well done, Sweet Dan! Save the cheerleader for me, 'kay?

kingskii 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-20-06, 08:21 PM (EST)
13. "RE: THE RIGHT MAN WON---EMMITT SMITH!!!!"
I totally agree, Emmitt was at a big disadvantage. It's not like Mario had to get on the foootball field and tackle Emmitt. Emmitt basically beat Mario at his own game with very little if no experience at all. Yes Mario did well, but he id break the rules, not once but, two weeks in row. The right decisions were made by the fans(who the main votes counted on) but the judges wouldn't lie. They are professionals. Now Jerry lasted a little long. Go EMMITT SMITH NFL LEADING RUSHER!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •