URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 231
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Mario should have won"

Posted by starzfan on 11-16-06 at 00:03 AM
Mario was the better dancer by far. Maybe there should be two trophy's - one from the fans and one from the judges! Mario is almost at pro level. Emmet improved the most, but his ability does not exceed Mario's. I am very disappointed in the voter's...they voted as fans and not by ability.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Mario should have won"
Posted by fanaticfan on 11-16-06 at 00:46 AM
That's exactly why he didn't win! I watched the whole season and felt that Mario could have done what he did in the finale on day 1. He had previous training in dance choreography from Kids Inc. and possibly other entertainment shows. Emmitt came in as an 'everyday guy', like Keri Ann said, and actually learned how to be a better dancer each week. That's the difference. Personally, I think that's more commendable than sustaining the same level throughout the whole competition.

Posted by sharnina on 11-16-06 at 00:48 AM
Couldn't agree with you more, fanaticfan.

Posted by Round Robin on 11-16-06 at 01:31 AM
Mario better by far? BULL. If he's so great, how come the judges tied them 2 weeks in a row, hmmmm?

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 11-16-06 at 01:37 AM
It was political. They wanted to even up the scores so that it would be up to the voters. Equal talent and skill had nothing to do with it.

The hills are alive with the sigs of Tribe.
You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted by Ladyivory13 on 11-16-06 at 01:35 AM
You are so right and the whole thing is wrong. What is the point of having the show if the most popular will win.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 11-16-06 at 01:36 AM
Yup

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted by iltarion on 11-16-06 at 04:46 AM
I think someone informed Mario of the way the votes were going beforehand. He clearly looked like someone who already knew what was coming before it was announced. Karina said it best when she said Mario was the best man of the competition. Quite right. The best dancer DWTS has ever seen, and I never thought I would say that after Stacy.

Posted by leesa on 11-16-06 at 12:21 PM
>I think someone informed Mario of
>the way the votes were
>going beforehand. He clearly looked
>like someone who already knew
>what was coming before it
>was announced. Karina said it
>best when she said Mario
>was the best man of
>the competition. Quite right. The
>best dancer DWTS has ever
>seen, and I never thought
>I would say that after
>Stacy.

she said to her, he was the best man of the competition...i'm going to give him his props, boy can dance. but Emmitt won because he was more popular. so come on, it was fun to watch. don't let it aggravate you.

"RE: Mario "
Posted by LisaPles on 11-16-06 at 12:46 PM
>I think someone informed Mario of
>the way the votes were
>going beforehand. He clearly looked
>like someone who already knew
>what was coming before it
>was announced.

Didn't that stupid look on his face make you just want to reach in to your TV and smack him?

Posted by Lasann on 11-16-06 at 12:14 PM
While Mario is the best dancer, and Emmitt was the most improved, the popular vote wins!

I wanted a tie!

It a Tribe original!!!

Posted by Missjackie33 on 11-16-06 at 10:43 PM
Don't get me wrong---I think Mario is a wonderful dancer. I also thought Joey was a wonderful dancer. But, I was under the impression that the series was taking non-dancers and transforming them into dancers. In which case---I think Emmitt was very deserving of the top honor. I have been watching Mario and Joey dance for years. They may not be ballroom professionals, but they have been dancing. That is why I voted for Emmitt. I liked watching him improve. Mario started out perfect! He is very entertaining, and easy on the eyes, but I think Emmitt was the one that deserved the title because he is really a non-dancer. Thanks for allowing me my opinion.

Posted by One_Love on 11-17-06 at 01:42 PM
I have been
>watching Mario and Joey dance
>for years. They may not
>be ballroom professionals, but they
>have been dancing. That is
>why I voted for Emmitt.

Ok, out of curiosity here, where exactly have you been watching joey and mario dance "for years". I mean is there an underground dancing ring i'm unaware of. Can i get exact programs or shows you've been watching "for years" seeing them dance. As far as Joey, he claimed to only know tap dancing from when he was really small. Is that considered professional trained? I'm pretty sure in his adult life he wasnt performing tap dancing routines on tv or on tour or something. But I digress, the judges have no purpose on this show, they only vote the way the producers want them to, so they'll get more van base. Mario was obviously the best dancer and unlike most I actually voted for the best dancer. Although again he never claimed to have been a dancer or know any of these dances. Never saw him dancing while he was hosting any of his shows. Well at least 1 person on here has again, been watching him do these mystery dances "for years" , maybe in her dreams? I dont know...

Posted by maryellennaco on 11-17-06 at 06:16 PM
"UNDERGROUND DANCING RING" Bwwwwhhhaaaaaa!!!!! THAT is hilarious!!

Posted by Savahnna on 11-16-06 at 12:42 PM
I know there's better things to be conflicted about........but it was a tough one for me. I really do think Mario should have won......But Emmit did an awesome quick step in the Hammer number.

I found the added drama with the judges tieing a few times infantile and insulting. Like we really believe they thought they both deserved triple 10's (eyes roll)

I thought I might enjoy seeing Mario humbled a little. But he's a good guy and I really felt bad for him. You could see he was happy for Emmit and he was more than a gracious loser. Oh.....and NEXT year I'm not watching!!!!

yeah sure.

Posted by iltarion on 11-16-06 at 01:43 PM
For K-Ann to say that Emmitt "put Hammer to shame" tells me that she has never seen MC Hammer dance. That looked NOTHING like MC Hammer. Emmitt moves his feet well, as he did on the football field, and he moves his shoulders, but he doesn't move any other part of his body. Hammer did those moves with his entire body. Say whatever want about Hammer's rapping, his fashion sense, and his spending habits, but he was one ELL of a dancer. Emmitt is no Hammer.

Posted by leesa on 11-16-06 at 03:18 PM
OMG to those denigrating Emmitt and Cheryl for winning last night. Please get over the fact that your favorite didn't win.

Thank you.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 11-16-06 at 09:02 PM
Okay. Done. Now what do you want us to do?

"Hammer"
Posted by AyaK on 11-17-06 at 07:10 PM
>Say whatever you want about Hammer's rapping

One word: amateurish

>his fashion sense

or lack thereof

>and his spending habits

Don't know anything about them. Did he go bankrupt?

>but he was one ELL of a dancer.

For once, we agree. Hammer wasn't really a rapper; he was a performer. Unfortunately for people's ears, he tried to be a rapper.

He and K-Fed have two things in common: can dance, can't rap.

>Emmitt is no Hammer.

We again agree. But Emmitt was popular, even if he danced like Clem Cadiddlehopper. Must be a lot more Cowboy fans out there than I knew about.

Posted by hutch918 on 11-16-06 at 08:34 PM
You are right...and you are wrong. Mario is almost pro level but that is only because he has had previous dance training. I think the whole idea of the show is to take people WITHOUT any prior training and teach them to dance. It gives each one equal opportunity and an equal amount of time to learn. And THAT is what made Emmit the winner.

Posted by iltarion on 11-16-06 at 09:58 PM
Well, I understand that point of view. For me, the 3 most entertaining people to watch dance have been Stacy, Drew and Mario, so 3 people who had prior training. I wouldn't watch DWTS without people who really can dance being on it, but that is just my point of view.

Posted by MarioLover09 on 11-18-06 at 01:40 PM
i am also very upset about the results. please all mario fans sign my petition and pass on to your friends. this is going to abc.
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/marioshouldvewon
^^

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

"RE: Mario didn't win "
Posted by LisaPles on 11-20-06 at 02:27 PM
>i am also very upset about
>the results. please all mario
>fans sign my petition and
>pass on to your friends.
>this is going to abc.

Oh my God, how stupid is this? I'm sure ABC will call an emergency meeting right away, change the winner to Mario, and schedule a TV special for the celebration and announcement of the "real" winner. DUH!

"RE: Mario didn't win "
Posted by MizJazmine on 11-20-06 at 09:59 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA....ROFL...OMG!!!

Posted by CattyChat on 11-18-06 at 03:38 PM
Every year it's the same thing -- so-called "petitions" for the runner-up who "should have won" and outrage and heated debates from both sides.

I couldn't even get through to vote & personally didn't care. I got the enjoyment of the "finally." Emmitt was highly entertaining & I prefer his "personality." Mario skills made me forget I was watching a "celebrity."

Who cares who won? It's not like they win a million dollars or the runner-up gets put to death for losing. They all got some more exposure, some got new relationships (however short-lived they may be), they all had a great time & entertained us all.

Personally, I was rather bored this season & even had a hard time paying attention. I enjoy SYTYCD so much more and can't wait until next summer when the serious dancers & talent compete!!!!

I expect to see you there, Sagebrush

Posted by kingskii on 11-20-06 at 08:13 PM
I will admit that I am a Dallas Cowboys fan and I wanted Emmitt to win. When the competition started I knew he had a chance after his first dance and you've got to admit that Emmitt was light on his feet and did get numerous of long standing ovations from the live crowd and the judges did judge fair, look at how the judged Master P. last season. plain and simple it's not Emmitt's fault he is a NFL legend!

Posted by Round Robin on 11-23-06 at 01:31 AM
Mario wasn't as perfect a dancer as some of you think. Male pros Max and Nick (I ain't about to try to spell those last names!) were quoted in TV Guide as sayng Emmitt was the better technical dancer, and one of them, I forget which, was highly critical of Mario for toe-leading all the time and not heel-leading when he should, which he described as a major sin in ballroom dancing.