The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Burnett in the Cutting Room"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Current Message

olnrerunqueen 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-31-05, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail olnrerunqueen Click to send private message to olnrerunqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room"
Yes, Burnett is the king of editing. However, I don't think you can compare how Survivor is edited to how RS:INXS is being edited.

With Survivor, all 39 days are taped, plus the pre and post 39 days. EPMB knows ultimately who the winner is, who falters along the way, and who has reasons to be despised. The show doesn't air until months after the final votes were cast. His team has watched the contestants 24-7 and understands which "character" they best fit in to. However, throughout Survivor, I think EPMB has done a good job of portraying at least a portion of each contestant's personality relatively accurately. He may choose to leave certain sides of them on the cutting room floor, but if you were a pain in the arse, he shows it. Theoretically, he is providing the Readers Digest Condensed Story version of the full Survivor experience. Just enough to intrigue and entertain.

With RS:INXS, EPMB is reduced to some quick editing time. The performance shows aren't necessarily live, but they didn't happen two months ago. In addition, he can't change the performance, or the comments that come out of the contestants mouths during the performance shows. He can, however, take the feedback from the house camera feeds and show each contestant's personality.

Thus said, I think JD is an untrustworthy instigator who is difficult to live with and only looking out for himself, and no one else. I think Suzie is somewhat the damsel in distress. But remember, we were the ones that cast the votes to put her in the bottom 3 for weeks on end, not EPMB.

As we get to the bottom 6, it's difficult to expect that the crew and bands don't know these people. For example, I can't see that EPMB could portray JD in such a negative light if there wasn't already something to work with.

Yes his editing is going to influence us somewhat. We don't see all the footage his group does. But I think the majority of voters are doing so based upon performances (last week's Jordis thing in the only kink in that theory). If the performances are worthy, it won't matter if the public thinks you are in trouble, or an a$$.

Plus, INXS will ultimately choose the winner. They have to spend studio time, practice time, and almost 24-7 during tour time, with the winner. Yes this is a talent show. But ultimately, if I were in INXS, I would also be considering who I could spend a LARGE portion of my time with. This isn't just working together, like the person in the cube next to you. This is someone they are going to almost live with while on tour. This is someone they are going to collaborate with, share inner thoughts with, have good times and bad times with. Each contestants personality makes a HUGE impact on their decision. Most especially in the next few eliminations, when the majority of the contestants have proven the chops to sing INXS.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Burnett in the Cutting Room   trigirl     08-31-05       
   RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   shanana banana     08-31-05     1  
   RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   olnrerunqueen     08-31-05     2  
     RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   cycles2k     08-31-05     3  
         RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   grit     08-31-05     4  
             RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   LaLaLisa     08-31-05     5  
                 RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   CattyChat     09-03-05     7  
   RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   trigirl     09-03-05     6  
     RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   Loree     09-03-05     8  
         RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   Snidget     09-03-05     9  
             RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   Loree     09-03-05     10  
                 RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   Snidget     09-03-05     11  
     RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   LaLaLisa     09-04-05     12  
         RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   trigirl     09-05-05     13  
             RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   cheesybread     09-06-05     14  
                 RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   nashtheslash     09-06-05     15  
   RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   LaLaLisa     09-07-05     16  
     RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   Loree     09-07-05     17  
         RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   LaLaLisa     09-07-05     18  
             RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   geg6     09-07-05     19  
   RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   LaLaLisa     09-07-05     20  
   RE: Burnett in the Cutting Room   LaLaLisa     09-07-05     21  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •