The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"MARTY "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

shygirl 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-06-05, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shygirl Click to send private message to shygirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"MARTY "
I do not know why but i am totally mesmerized by marty dont know if i spelt that right lol

i love him

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: MARTY Iam_Xtreme 09-06-05 1
   RE: MARTY Moother 09-06-05 2
 RE: MARTY queenbee 09-07-05 3
 RE: MARTY trigirl 09-07-05 4
 RE: MARTY Maroonclown 09-07-05 5
 RE: MARTY Breezy 09-07-05 6
   RE: MARTY geg6 09-07-05 7
       RE: MARTY LaLaLisa 09-07-05 13
           RE: MARTY geg6 09-07-05 14
               *snort* Breezy 09-07-05 20
 RE: MARTY LaLaLisa 09-07-05 8
 RE: MARTY SilverStar 09-07-05 9
   RE: MARTY Glow 09-07-05 11
       RE: MARTY SilverStar 09-07-05 12
 RE: MARTY Loree 09-07-05 10
 RE: MARTY Shypappy 09-07-05 15
 RE: MARTY CattyChat 09-07-05 16
   RE: MARTY Loree 09-07-05 17
   RE: MARTY EnglProf 09-07-05 18
   RE: MARTY shanana banana 09-07-05 19
       RE: MARTY Loree 09-07-05 21
           RE: MARTY skye 09-07-05 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Iam_Xtreme 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-06-05, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iam_Xtreme Click to send private message to Iam_Xtreme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: MARTY "
I am a big Marty fan!!! I love his voice and think that he did a fine job tonight. Go Marty Go!

Signature Created By: tribephyl

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-06-05, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: MARTY "
I love him too and I didn't start that way. He has totally won me as a fan and I have downloaded almost everything he has sang on the show! He is my choice!

queenbee 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-07-05, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail queenbee Click to send private message to queenbee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: MARTY "
I too am a convert to the Marty fan club. He's so fun to watch. He's definitely performing the best right now out of all the contestants.

BTW, you spelled mesmerized right, shygirl!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-07-05, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: MARTY "
Each week I bash the guy for his goofy stage personna and goth eye-liner, then I hum 'Wish You Were Here' or 'Mr. Brightside' for a week. Even last night, my DH was laughing at me signing the darn Tree song all night.

THUD <sound of TriGirl jumping on the bandwagon>

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-07-05, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: MARTY "
He.Creeps.Me.Out.

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2005

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: MARTY "
I was memorized last night too *shudder* by his pants *doubleshudder*.

See my post in the love list if you're confused.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: MARTY "
I have to agree about the pants. I was talking to my sister on the phone and we mentioned exactly what you did. As I said to her, "He looks like he should be saying, 'Put the lotion in the basket.'" LOL!

I'm such a slut for the blues.

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-07-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: MARTY "
"Put the lotion in the basket."????

Okay, I'm reject. What does that mean?

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: MARTY "
From "The Silence of the Lambs."

The weirdo serial killer liked to tuck his, ummmm...family jewels? kinda like Marty looked like he had last night. The lotion in the basket reference is probably the most famous quote from his character.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "*snort*"
And here I was racking my brain trying to remember that line being uttered in The Crying Game.

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-07-05, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: MARTY "
He does keep getting better. I did keep watching him to see if he was going to scream or explode. Great job singing and rocking.

I gotta wonder: Why did he let Ellie Mae put him in pedal pushers on Sunday and then those pants last night?? I thought it was about matching Levi's to his style?

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: MARTY "
I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. I honestly and truly don't see why everyone loves Marty so much. I can't stand him. It is literally painful for me to watch him perform. I cringe and I shudder through the whole thing. From his "crazy eyes" to his mouth full of teeth to the weird inflections his voice has... I can't take it.

Last night I closed my eyes during his performance to see if I could at least stomach his singing without having to look at him. It was a little less painful, but still mostly unbearable.

I will say this though (so all you Marty lovers don't burn me at the stake) ... I did like his original song. It was stuck in my head for the rest of the night, and it's a catchy little tune. Explain one thing to me though, how do the lyrics "You and I, a recipe for disaster" make sense in a love song? That was bothering me.

Ok, I'm done ranting now. Is there anyone out there who agrees with me? Am I the only one not living in the land of Marty-loving zombies?!

I.Heart.Syren

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: MARTY "
Zombies? Is that a joke? Are you making fun of my sleep deprivation?

*sigh* We've had the whole Marty discussion before. I don't understand where you're coming from. I love him. I think he is wonderful. You don't understand where I'm coming from. He is a true rock star. He really is. Not everybody has to like him. You're allowed to have a different opinion. Even though I think it's wrong and makes no sense.

Oh. In case I forgot to tell you, Neal called me sweetheart. *grin* *swoon* *thud*

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: MARTY "
It was a joke. *points* Don't you see the smiley face?

Poor baby. You're always so tired. No wonder you think Marty is good. You must be hallucinating. *grin*

I.Heart.Syren
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. He's right though, Neal is. *smooch*

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: MARTY "
My opinion of Marty is that I have to see him to enjoy him. He has a great stage persona and he is fun to watch. But I just think "blah" when I only listen to him. Great in person, but boring on the radio is my opinion of him.

Shypappy 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-07-05, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shypappy Click to send private message to Shypappy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: MARTY "
I don't get the fans behind this guy!

Yes, he has a great stage persona for a grunge/metal/punk/alternative band of some kind, but wanting him to front INXS....That's just weird!

He really has the least vocal talent of the bunch!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-07-05, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: MARTY "
Marty has grown on me a little, tiny bit, but I still think he (& MiG for that matter) have the most inconsistent performances & vocal range/abilities. Marty is on-and-offkey throughout his performances. Dave continually says after Marty performances "it doesn't matter whether you hit every note" -- well, maybe he has stage presence & that mad conductor thing, but hitting notes, IMO, is very important if you want to make it big & not just play the local circuit.

With vocal training, he may have big possibilities.

Also, I still say he looks like the love child of Tom Petty & Courtney Love. (Little bit creepy, for my taste -- BUT seems like a nice guy.)

09-07-05, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: MARTY "
Marty and Suzie seem to be on completely different sides in this comp. Marty sings and they talk about he doesn't hit all the notes but Rock Stars don't have to and he has great stage persona. Then Suzie sings and they tell her she has the best voice in the comp and always hits the right notes. But she does not have the stage persona of Marty. So what does INXS want? What is more important to them?

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-07-05, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: MARTY "
Chat, I don't get why you like J.D. so much since you value being on key, etc. J.D. has faltered on numerous occasions at hitting the right notes. To me, there was no excuse for the butchering he gave to "We Are the Champions." He played it off that he was choked up over seeing his sis, but that song really showed me his vocal limitations. He's never adequately recovered. His songs are loud, but I don't think they truly mask the weakness in his range.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-07-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: MARTY "
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-05 AT 03:08 PM (EST)

Very Interesting. I don't understand comparing Marty and MiG's vocal abilities at all. I do like Marty's performances but I agree his vocal range is quite limited -- perhaps the most so out of everyone left. Although, he's done very well at singing the INXS songs, so perhaps his vocal range is just what the band needs.

MiG, on the other hand, has an amazing vocal range. I can understand people not be particularly taken with him as a matter of personal preferance, but I am surprised to read about his vocal "limitations." He seems to be the most versatile of all the male performers in the entire contest, able to sing in a variety of keys and ranges. I don't quite know if he's right for INXS since we haven't heard him sing a song of theirs yet, but I suspect perhaps we will tonight.

On the subject of JD, he has a very strong, powerful voice, but only in one range. He is quite limited vocally when he's not belting out a song, but then again, like Marty, he might still be just what INXS needs. I can't really go off the one performance he gave of "This Time" b/c I didn't think that was really all that good, but you can't judge on one performance alone. I'd like to hear him do some other INXS songs before I made up my mind.

I'm leaving Susie and Jordis out of this because I don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell of really being selected in the end, even though the drama is being built as if they do.

No matter who wins of the men, I think the other two will go on to be fairly successful based on the followings they have collected from this show. They've all shown they are quite talented at writing and arranging/rearranging songs. I think it's possible Susie may be successful as well -- Jordis, I'm not too sure of. Neither of the gals seems to be able to write their own music, so unless they get Desmond Child or somebody to help them out on their next recordings, they're not going to be able to do much except be a cover band singer.

09-07-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
21. "RE: MARTY "
If you go to this link you can download JD singing Mystify at the radio station gig he went to with Suzie and some of INXS.

http://rapidshare.de/files/3896680/JD_Fortune_-_Mystify_-_STAR_98.7_FM.mp3.html

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-07-05, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: MARTY "
Yummy. I couldn't tell it from the original and you know what? That's what I want. I loved INXS and I want to hear their stuff the way it was meant to sound and not someone's "interpretation" of it.

Marty is just bizarre-looking in my opinion. (Wear shoes on stage fer crap sakes.) He seriously looks like he just slunk out of an Anne Rice novel. The thought of spending $50+ to spend 60 minutes watching Marty on stage fronting INXS makes my skin crawl.

(And I'm old enough to own INXS singles on 45s. That's vinyl kids.)

"I don't think witchcraft is a religion." George W. Bush

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •