The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kim and Jill"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Current Message

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-05-06, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Kim and Jill"
Redbud,

I loved that post...all of it. You made some excellent points: "a hurt animal is a dangerous animal". One of the few sensible things Rhonda has said is that unless you've lived it, you cannot understand what Kim has lived through. I'm not minimizing the pain of having a parent who is a substance abuser, negligent, promiscuous, or absent, but there is another dimension involved when the physical body becomes a target. The one thing Rhonda does understand is the horror of an abusive father. I think there are parts of Rhonda that will never be what they could have been because of her hellish experiences while growing up. She is exactly the same age as me (down to the month), and I shudder to think of her watching her father shoot her mother when she was in the eighth or ninth grade. I think some of Rhonda's coldness comes from those wounded places.

That being said, I watched each episode, and I remember the Jill/Kim problem growing. It was one of the things that caused me to rethink my positive feelings for Jill. I also remember thinking that Jill was proving that months of SO assignments and meetings apparently left her with precious few "tools" in dealing with someone who "triggered" her. Actually, aside from a comment that Kim made immediately before or after someone's graduation that Jill found insidious ("are you afraid you'll lose touch with each other after you leave?"), I don't know what the real problem was except that Kim was too talkative for Jill's taste. I remember, vividly, those little meetings with Jill and Christina. I remember Jill's disc-jockey like confessionals.

Kim NEVER said, on camera no less, that she would rather "stick needles in her eyes" than to have to listen to Jill. Jill said that about Kim. Kim NEVER said that Jill was sent to "torture" her. Jill said that about Kim. That's not awful enough? What Kim DID say, on camera, was, "I'm glad Jill's leaving". What would have been more appropriate? "Oh Jill, I'll miss you so much. You've become my sister from another mother, a wise grandmother speaking such wisdom, my friend, boo-hoo, sob, sniffle." It would have gone a long way in adding to that overblown Jill graduation montage, but it would have been fake.

Is anyone really surprised? Jill is loud and large; she's intimidating. She became incredibly insecure and territorial as the "sensational six" began to go their own ways (are they serious, the "sensational six"? - the whole house was put on probation, and they verbally sliced each other on a daily basis!). Jill began to see a facility as her home. If it was Jill's home, it was just as much Kim's home.

I think the initial friction did alot in side-tracking Kim's progress. Instead of focusing on her childhood issues, she was gauging a silent house war in which she was the enemy. Remember Rhonda's meeting with the HG's..."let's break Kim?" Unbelievable. So now Kim is a cold-hearted ##### because the woman who, in her eyes (and mine), started the anti-Kim sentiment is leaving. I think she's just a normal human being.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Kim and Jill   redsoxfan     03-02-06       
   RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-02-06     1  
     RE: Kim and Jill   Cleverone     03-02-06     2  
         RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-03-06     3  
             RE: Kim and Jill   kawyar     03-04-06     16  
             RE: Kim and Jill   chickadee     03-06-06     36  
         RE: Kim and Jill   Lanna42     03-03-06     6  
         RE: Kim and Jill   ddramcgee     03-04-06     18  
             RE: Kim and Jill   SHESHE     03-04-06     19  
   RE: Kim and Jill   eire_heart74     03-03-06     4  
     RE: Kim and Jill   SASSI     03-03-06     5  
         RE: Kim and Jill   DarkMoon     03-03-06     7  
             RE: Kim and Jill   elfwoman     03-03-06     8  
                 RE: Kim and Jill   redsoxfan     03-03-06     9  
                 RE: Kim and Jill   SHESHE     03-04-06     20  
                     A word of advice   Cygnus X1     03-04-06     24  
             RE: Kim and Jill   Redbud     03-03-06     11  
   RE: Kim and Jill   Redbud     03-03-06     10  
     RE: Kim and Jill   Lanna42     03-04-06     14  
         RE: Kim and Jill   SOfan0221     03-04-06     15  
         RE: Kim and Jill   MizJazmine     03-05-06     25  
   RE: Kim and Jill   imamrs     03-03-06     12  
     RE: Kim and Jill   justdoit     03-04-06     13  
         RE: Kim and Jill   Lanna42     03-04-06     22  
     RE: Kim and Jill   Redbud     03-04-06     21  
   RE: Kim and Jill   Shabbylou     03-04-06     17  
     RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-04-06     23  
         RE: Kim and Jill   SeasonedRefinement     03-05-06     26  
             RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-05-06     27  
                 RE: Kim and Jill   SeasonedRefinement     03-05-06     28  
                     RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-05-06     29  
                         RE: Kim and Jill   sharnina     03-05-06     30  
                             RE: Kim and Jill   SeasonedRefinement     03-06-06     31  
                                 RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-06-06     32  
                                     RE: Kim and Jill   Lanna42     03-06-06     33  
                                         RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-06-06     34  
                                             RE: Kim and Jill   Lanna42     03-06-06     35  
                                             RE: Kim and Jill   SeasonedRefinement     03-06-06     37  
                                             RE: Kim and Jill   Shazbot     03-07-06     39  
                                             RE: Kim and Jill   SOfan0221     03-08-06     40  
                                             RE: Kim and Jill   Lanna42     03-09-06     44  
                                             RE: Kim and Jill   kawyar     03-06-06     38  
   RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-08-06     41  
     RE: Kim and Jill   SeasonedRefinement     03-08-06     42  
     RE: Kim and Jill   GuyStartingOver     03-08-06     43  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •