The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kim and Jill"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Current Message

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-06-06, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Kim and Jill"
I'm not willing to jump on any bandwagon that says "Kim is a misunderstood victim". I have no doubt that she can be a real #####, especially when she feels misunderstood or threatened. I've seen her bad behavior - but that house is full of bad behavior. I certainly wouldn't single her out as being unusually heinous.

I don't know anything about her outside life except what I have seen. So, with the phone conversations and actual screen time of her husband, it may be little more than 20 minutes of observable footage. I saw enough of her son to know that he adores his mother (a very different child than the children of Chloe and Christina). I do remember her husband saying that he loved Kim very much and he was committed to her. I also remember her calling several friends for an assignment, so she can't be totally toxic 100% of the time.

The time has come, and may be overdue, for Kim to face her demons and let herself grow up. In so many areas of her thinking and reasoning, she's back at the roach motel with dad. Children live what they learn, as they say. You live in a war zone, you become a fighter. You live with guerilla warfare, you learn to anticipate ambushes. Kim is no Maria von Trapp or Mary Poppins. She is wired to self-destruct or burn-out, and without help, that's probably what will happen.

Occasionally a few women come through the house who have experienced some of the most painful things that life hands out. A little girl being abandoned by her mom to become a punching bag for a deranged father in a filthy house is pretty horrific stuff. Of course she has big issues. Who wouldn't?

That being said, Kim deserved a fair chance on her first day in the house. Actually, I recall Jill's first day in the house (and she had the benefit of being on equal footing with the other women). I remember Jill pulling away from the other ladies, deciding which ones were bitches and who she was going to stay away from. She broke away from the group and called her mother to complain about them. I don't remember Kim doing anything nearly as anti-social or divisive.

Jill is a big talker. She has a selfish streak in her a mile wide. The woman made her living off of digging through people's garbage cans looking for humiliating "evidence" that those poor suckers didn't think of shredding. (Yeah, that's where Oprah started...) Their mistake became Jill's opportunity to regale her listeners with dirt and draw attention to herself in the process. She is a professional slanderer, and she is good at knowing exactly what to say, and how to say it, to give people negative opinions of strangers. Rarely have I seen a non-celebrity so taken with her own ability to turn a phrase.

Whatever Kim may be, she did not deserve to be put in Jill's crosshairs simply because she had the misfortune of being the first outsider to break the ranks of the "sensational six". If the situation were reversed and it was Jill who had the distinction of being HG #7 and Kim who started a campaign against her, I'd be defending Jill in this situation.

I am convinced that each of the women who listened to Jill's bitching and moaning about Kim were prejudiced against her. Nothing new there, that's the way it works. That's unfortunate because you cannot have a second chance at making a first impression.

It wasn't about Kim - not this particular issue - Kim was a variable. It was about Jill. Jill knows that and has addressed it in her journal. The damage is done - too little too late.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Kim and Jill   redsoxfan     03-02-06       
   RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-02-06     1  
     RE: Kim and Jill   Cleverone     03-02-06     2  
         RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-03-06     3  
             RE: Kim and Jill   kawyar     03-04-06     16  
             RE: Kim and Jill   chickadee     03-06-06     36  
         RE: Kim and Jill   Lanna42     03-03-06     6  
         RE: Kim and Jill   ddramcgee     03-04-06     18  
             RE: Kim and Jill   SHESHE     03-04-06     19  
   RE: Kim and Jill   eire_heart74     03-03-06     4  
     RE: Kim and Jill   SASSI     03-03-06     5  
         RE: Kim and Jill   DarkMoon     03-03-06     7  
             RE: Kim and Jill   elfwoman     03-03-06     8  
                 RE: Kim and Jill   redsoxfan     03-03-06     9  
                 RE: Kim and Jill   SHESHE     03-04-06     20  
                     A word of advice   Cygnus X1     03-04-06     24  
             RE: Kim and Jill   Redbud     03-03-06     11  
   RE: Kim and Jill   Redbud     03-03-06     10  
     RE: Kim and Jill   Lanna42     03-04-06     14  
         RE: Kim and Jill   SOfan0221     03-04-06     15  
         RE: Kim and Jill   MizJazmine     03-05-06     25  
   RE: Kim and Jill   imamrs     03-03-06     12  
     RE: Kim and Jill   justdoit     03-04-06     13  
         RE: Kim and Jill   Lanna42     03-04-06     22  
     RE: Kim and Jill   Redbud     03-04-06     21  
   RE: Kim and Jill   Shabbylou     03-04-06     17  
     RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-04-06     23  
         RE: Kim and Jill   SeasonedRefinement     03-05-06     26  
             RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-05-06     27  
                 RE: Kim and Jill   SeasonedRefinement     03-05-06     28  
                     RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-05-06     29  
                         RE: Kim and Jill   sharnina     03-05-06     30  
                             RE: Kim and Jill   SeasonedRefinement     03-06-06     31  
                                 RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-06-06     32  
                                     RE: Kim and Jill   Lanna42     03-06-06     33  
                                         RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-06-06     34  
                                             RE: Kim and Jill   Lanna42     03-06-06     35  
                                             RE: Kim and Jill   SeasonedRefinement     03-06-06     37  
                                             RE: Kim and Jill   Shazbot     03-07-06     39  
                                             RE: Kim and Jill   SOfan0221     03-08-06     40  
                                             RE: Kim and Jill   Lanna42     03-09-06     44  
                                             RE: Kim and Jill   kawyar     03-06-06     38  
   RE: Kim and Jill   lovemydogdude     03-08-06     41  
     RE: Kim and Jill   SeasonedRefinement     03-08-06     42  
     RE: Kim and Jill   GuyStartingOver     03-08-06     43  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •