The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fifty years ago today"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-09-14, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fifty years ago today"
It was, in fact, a really big shew.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fifty years ago today Puffy 02-09-14 1
   RE: Fifty years ago today Brownroach 02-09-14 2
   RE: Fifty years ago today Brownroach 02-09-14 3
   RE: Fifty years ago today Brownroach 02-09-14 4
       RE: Fifty years ago today Sagebrush Dan 02-13-14 18
 RE: Fifty years ago today Brownroach 02-09-14 5
 RE: Fifty years ago today Brownroach 02-09-14 6
 RE: Fifty years ago today Brownroach 02-09-14 7
   RE: Fifty years ago today Brownroach 02-10-14 8
 RE: Fifty years ago today kingfish 02-10-14 9
   RE: Fifty years ago today Puffy 02-11-14 15
       RE: Fifty years ago today kingfish 02-13-14 19
 RE: Fifty years ago today Molaholic 02-10-14 10
   RE: Fifty years ago today Brownroach 02-11-14 14
 RE: Fifty years ago today foonermints 02-10-14 11
   RE: Fifty years ago today kingfish 02-10-14 12
       Besides foonermints 02-10-14 13
           RE: Besides kingfish 02-12-14 16
 50.008 years ago today Molaholic 02-12-14 17
   RE: 50.008 years ago today kingfish 02-13-14 20
 RE: Fifty years ago today greenmachine 04-25-17 21
   RE: Fifty years ago today cahaya 04-25-17 22
       RE: Fifty years ago today greenmachine 05-01-17 23
           RE: Fifty years ago today kingfish 05-01-17 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Puffy 6676 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-14, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
Tonight CBS has a Grammy salute to the Beatles. My husband worked as an usher (his first job) at the Hollywood bowl in Los Angeles when the Beatles appeared there in August 1964.

I waddle for Agman

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Brownroach 15303 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-14, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
Ed Sheeran just sang a lovely rendition of "In My Life", backed only by his own guitar.

02-09-14, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
Did not, however, like Katy Perry's overly-emotive "Yesterday".

02-09-14, 10:11 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
Annie Lennox delivers "Fool on the Hill" in her trademark antiseptic style, wearing a silver trashbag gown, with Dave Stewart on guitar. Shuddersome.

Sagebrush Dan 9986 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-14, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
So many were making over her performance, I thought it was an over-acted snooze. "Antiseptic" is a good word.

Phylled by Tribe

02-09-14, 10:27 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
John Legend and Alicia Keys duet on "Let It Be". Don't usually care for her, but she was fine, as was he.

02-09-14, 10:58 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
Love, love, love Ringo doing "Yellow Submarine"! (But how could I not?)

02-09-14, 11:12 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
Paul is on good form as well, singing "Birthday", "Get Back", and "I Saw Her Standing There."

02-10-14, 00:52 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
Paul and Ringo together on "With a Little Help From My Friends"!

Alright, so I got a little verklempt.

kingfish 19707 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-14, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
I had a cousin (yes, Estee, another tale of long ago. Blame Puffy for my wave of nostalgia) ), a girl cousin, who at that time of my life basically led me through the world of (then) contemporary music. She was into Harry Belafonte, and I listened to him and liked his music.

Then she discovered the Beatles, and so I had to listen to them. I thought how appropriately smart it was for a music group to call themselves the Beatles, spelling it like "Beat-les" instead of "Beet-les", and wearing their hair in to resemble beetles. Multi-layered entendres.

But I didn’t particularly care for their music. I was into rock and roll, and their "I want to hold your hand" was all over the airways, as was “She loves you Yeah yeah yeah!” and I thought both were amateurish, something an aspiring garage band might come up with as a first effort. Mostly chords. After all, writing a love song about the angst of wanting to hold a girls hand was pretty shallow, I thought. She loves you” sounded more like a school yard taunt than a love long, and was also pretty shallow.

Admittedly, and objectively, most Rock and Roll of the time was not much better.

But their song writing matured in a major way. 45s gave way to albums, and each album was better than the last. Then when John recorded his last, well, that was to me the masterpiece. None of the Beatle’s previous or subsequent music was equal to that stunning high water mark.

I watched part of it (the Olympics are on too), and I enjoyed the nostalgia. Ringo was a loveable goofball. The audience was very elitist though, invitation only? Did Joe Walsh have a set? I would like to have seen it if he did. Majorly expensive ticket prices?

Puffy 6676 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-14, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
Joe Walsh performed "Something" and "While My guitar Gently Weeps." During the show, I checked Ticketmaster which said tickets were no longer available for the show. So I assume anyone could buy a ticket but I don't know the cost.

02-13-14, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
Watched the re-airing. Very well done. Especially the Annie Lennox number. And, of course, Walsh is always entertaining.

Molaholic 9001 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-14, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-14 AT 11:21 AM (EST)

I loved the show. One of the best parts was seeing the A-Listers singing along with the performers (even Ringo & Sir Paul!) and thoroughly into to music.

I may have missed his intro -- but was that Sean Lennon standing next to Yoko Ono? Sure did have a resemblance to John.

Sir Paul and Ringo gave outstanding performances -- hard to make the connection that they're at the three score and ten age group.

Ride, Moley, ride!

02-11-14, 02:31 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
Yes, that was Sean with the long hair and mammoth beard. I think Julian was in absentia.

I actually think Ringo - though he could put on a few pounds, IMO - looks better than Paul, albeit Ringo's the older of the two. Paul's got those crevices in his face that make him look Mount Rushmore-ready. But they did both sound excellent.

I've always thought that Ringo would be the most fun Beatle to hang out with, and nothing has changed that opinion over time.

foonermints 13772 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-14, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Fifty years ago today"

Handcrafted by RollDdice
Well, some people have the originals..

02-10-14, 04:55 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-14 AT 05:19 PM (EST)

Ah yes, back when real men raced real cars at Indy, but had no idea who really won. And had to push start their racers while guys in safari hats looked on.

And smoked safe cigarettes.

And the headline that science was interested in the Beatles superceded the eternal mortal question.

foonermints 13772 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-14, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Besides"
The answer to "What Happens When You Dah!"

The foonercopyservice will send you this Revelation for only five dollars, cash money. On the condition you don't share it with anyone else, or bear the wrath of foonercopycatfishinfringement.

You could croak sooner, you know..

I wonder what Snidget thinks of this science?

02-12-14, 01:46 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Besides"
Eat moor chiken!

A Tribal Whoopee! We're all gonna fry.

Molaholic 9001 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-14, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "50.008 years ago today"
CBS will be repeating Sunday's special tonight at 8:30 E/P.

02-13-14, 02:50 PM (EST)
20. "RE: 50.008 years ago today"
Thanks. I caught it.

greenmachine 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-17, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmachine Click to send private message to greenmachine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
Ive heard a lot about estee.

cahaya 19522 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-17, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
Hearing about someone and actually hearing someone are two very different things, especially so in this case.

greenmachine 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-01-17, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmachine Click to send private message to greenmachine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
I agree! Okay I've done my duty now someone else can take over.

05-01-17, 12:34 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Fifty years ago today"
Semantics aside, what have you heard about Estee?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •