The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SSC5 Winners"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

SherpaDave 8316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-08-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SSC5 Winners"
Many thanks to everyone who entered and to all who gave feedback and/or voted. It's been a while since I've been the vote tallier, but this is the most votes I remember being sent in. Great job, everyone! Everyone's a winner, but here are the official results:

Non-Fiction (NF)
1. Death is the easy part by Esbea
2. Life Without a Porpoise by J I M B O
3. Try by syren

Flash Fiction (FF)
1. If Only Life Were That Simple Again by KObrien_fan
2. The Special Place by mysticwolf
3. Blind Fate by cahaya

Short Story (SS)
1. Johnny's Time by frankz
2. Moses in the River by zipperhead
3. Comfotable Souls by woeisme1

Humor (HU)
1. Complaint Department by calamityc
2. "Top 10 Changes in American Political Lexicon Attributable to Karl Rove by cahaya

Persona Narrative (PN)
1. The Hustler by KObrien_fan
2. The Adventure (part 1) and (part 2) by woeisme1
3. How to be a DAW by zipperhead

Free Verse (FV)
1. Fair Lady, Noble Man by cahaya
2. skin to skin by arkiegrl
3. untitled by arkiegrl

Rhyming Poetry (RP)
1. Woman of a Cool Night by calamityc
2. City Feelin' by cahaya
3. How I feel by woeisme1

Photography (PH)
1. Cook Island Dreaming Pt I: Aitutaki Lagoon, Pt II: Maori Dancers, and Pt III: Raro, big heart, small government by Outfrontgirl
2. Clouds Illusions by woeisme1
3. Shrouded Blooms by cahaya

Visual Art (VA)
1. Haunted by StarryLuna
2. Moonburst by cahaya
3. Linear Phoneix IV by J Slice

Finally, the special Salman Rushdie Awared this time around goes to someone who didn't actually submit an entry, but whose name appeared over and over again, giving praise and encouragement, which embodies the spirit of the Story Competition. Seahorse is your winner of the SSC5 Salman Rushdie Award.

Once again, thanks to everyone who participated.

Dave writesDave editsDave blogs

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Congrats! Meemo 08-08-05 1
 RE: SSC5 Winners KObrien_fan 08-08-05 2
 No Way!!! Esbea 08-08-05 3
 RE: SSC5 Winners motormouth 08-08-05 4
 RE: SSC5 Winners Outfrontgirl 08-08-05 5
   RE: SSC5 Winners SherpaDave 08-08-05 8
 RE: SSC5 Winners frankz 08-08-05 6
 RE: SSC5 Winners cahaya 08-08-05 7
 RE: SSC5 Winners Schnookie Palookie 08-08-05 9
 RE: SSC5 Winners Molaholic 08-09-05 10
 RE: SSC5 Winners ARnutz 08-09-05 11
 RE: SSC5 Winners calamityc 08-09-05 12
 RE: SSC5 Winners arkiegrl 08-09-05 13
 RE: SSC5 Winners mysticwolf 08-10-05 14
 RE: SSC5 Winners frisky 08-11-05 15
 RE: SSC5 Winners Puffy 08-13-05 16
 RE: SSC5 Winners seahorse 08-26-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Meemo 3502 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-08-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Congrats!"
Kudos to all of the super-talented peeps who participated this year!

The quality of writing (and artwork) was fantastic!

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KObrien_fan 8204 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
Thanks for the Blowies! Congrats all the winners and to everyone who participated this year, there is so much good stuff to read and look at. Thanks again to Dave for putting it all together. Congrats on the Rushdie award to Seahorse.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-05, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "No Way!!!"
you guys really know how to encourage someone, dont you? Geezz....thanks so much.

Congratulations to everyone! I really enjoyed reading all the submissions and the art. What a talented bunch of people hang out here!

Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

motormouth 4421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-08-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
Congratulations to all the winners, and everyone who participated! It was a pleasure to read all the entries.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Outfrontgirl 5470 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
I enjoyed these entries tremendously. So much talent! Thank you all for your votes for my photos and encouraging comments. It means a lot to me. Aloha! And thanks to Dave for running this!

SherpaDave 8316 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-05, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
Thanks for giving me the nudge. The contest almost certainly wouldn't have happened (or at least I wouldn't have thought to have run it) if you hadn't.

frankz 1024 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-08-05, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
LAST EDITED ON 08-08-05 AT 06:29 PM (EST)

Thanks to everyone who voted and participated. I enjoyed reading and seeing all the entries. Thanks to the peeps who got me off my a$$ by picking "writing a story" as the thing I was most afraid to do. HA!

ETA - And you know who you are!!

And thanks again to Dave.

Wheelie by RollDdice

cahaya 14104 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-05, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
It was a great pleasure to read the prose and poetry, and view the art and photos submitted by all the entrants. I encourage those who wrote to continue writing and hone your word craft, as it's a wonderful creative outlet. So, first, thanks to all of you for sharing your work. I really enjoyed it. Some of the pieces are quite memorable and will remain with me for a long time.

Thanks, Dave, for the Blowies! Even more, thanks for organizing and running the SSC. You were very encouraging to all of us.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-05, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
Dern I missed the voting.

You all are winners. Every year I am in awe of the talent that comes out of the people on this site. Thanks to all of you for sharing your works with us. I know it wasn't easy for some of you.

*applause*

Sig by Bob celebrating the International Nana Nag

Molaholic 7014 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-05, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
Congratulations to all the winners -- there were some wonderful entries this time and it was a major task for me to pick just three in each category. I lvoed playing my small part.

BTW, anyone who would like to buy some unused celebratory do-dads and fru-fru, let me know.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

ARnutz 13194 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-05, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
Congrats to everyone! You are quite a bunch of talented peeps. I enjoyed reading your stories & seeing your artwork.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-09-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
Thanks Dave, for giving us a place to play! And thanks to all who read the entries, it is so much more fun when you can share something you enjoy doing anyway!

arkiegrl 9083 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-05, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
Thanks, Dave, for hosting this. Thanks to everyone who participated, I lvoed reading your stuff.

And a BIG thanks for all the encouraging comments from everyone.

mysticwolf 10627 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-05, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
Thanks, Dave, for hosting this. And, thanks for all of the encouragement and kind words from the peeps that read my story. This was a nudge I needed, as writing used to be a passion, but one I have not indulged in many years (and have never shared with others).

The talent of all the contributing posters is amazing, and I really enjoyed all the prose, poetry, art, and photography that you all so graciously shared.

A Roll Dice Original http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites

frisky 11666 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
Yeah! Congrats to all!

This year marks my first trip over to this board. Thanks, Ark, for nudging me over here.

The world is my litterbox.

Puffy 6091 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
Another well-done and enjoyable story and photo competition. You're all winners!

A Syren®Original

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-05, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SSC5 Winners"
I want to offer a very special shout out to all the winners and all who entered. Your talent is truely remarkable.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •