The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If you want something you can trust, it's not your email"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences BlowsVivor Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-25-01, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If you want something you can trust, it's not your email"
Hi, this is not funny. I have the dreaded SirCam virus as of this afternoon...I will have to postpone writing until I get rid of it as it could potentially kill my conputer. I don't know how it got into my system as I didn't open any weird emails.
*Sigh* This is my first virus. Well, see you later I hope!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If you want something you can t... ItzLisa 07-25-01 1
 RE: If you want something you can t... Outfrontgirl 07-25-01 2
   RE: If you want something you can t... ItzLisa 07-26-01 3
 RE: If you want something you can t... MakeItStop 07-26-01 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-25-01, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If you want something you can trust, it's not your email"
Oh, hon!!! I'm sorry! I hope you get rid of it soon - who cares about the episode, I'm just more concerned that your computer is okay - them suckers don't grow on trees, ya know! Good luck, girlfriend!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-25-01, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If you want something you can trust, it's not your email"
Thanks Itz--
After wasting my afternoon pursuing this thing I got some good and some bad news, and it's weird enough I thought I'd share it.

The whole thing started when I got an email Reply today--where the new message simply said "F*ck you B*tch", which was oh so pleasant. The original message copied showed my address as the sender with my son's name on it, a Subject in Spanish, and the text that goes with the Sircam virus.

After emailing the rude guy back asking him to explain, he said he thought I sent him the virus (which he had gotten infected with through this message) on purpose.

This virus generates email to everyone in your address book and sends them your personal documents as infected attachments--and goes on from humiliating you to ruining your hard drive. SB already posted some people on this board have it.

So the Good News: My computer never sent that email, and doesn't have the virus, at least not as I speak.

The Bad News: Somewhere down in Mexico way a SirCam infected computer from which my son sent email home back in March is now emailing the virus to people around the world and using my email address as the purported sender.

A number of the addresses it's mailing to must now be closed or otherwise undeliverable, and the Mail Return handler is sending them back to me, along with the infected attachments which of course I'm deleting at once. The returned messages were all mailed to people I'd never heard of, and all had the identical names on 2 attachments.

So watch out everyone; it could happen to you. I saw on the news that it hit the FBI today.
Arggh! There went my writing day!

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-26-01, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If you want something you can trust, it's not your email"
Hoooooly Cheeze, babe! I don't even know what to say to you, that is so beyond bizarre!! I just hope you get everything straightened out soon!

(Okay, now go and hide - I think I hear the Tijuana branch of the FBI at your door!)

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-26-01, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: If you want something you can trust, it's not your email"
WOW OutfrontGirl, that's some story. It makes me glad that here at work all email going in and out is automatically scanned for viruses. Although we are eagerly waiting for the next episode, don't you worry about it. You do what you need to do.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •