The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Alex Da Silva arrested"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-07-09, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Alex Da Silva arrested"
Oh.My.Heck. This really doesn't sound good. I don't know what to think, I mean I want it to not be true, but I know this sort of thing happens way too often.

No idea if they will have this anyway resolved by the time the show starts.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/so-you-think-dance-choreographer-alex-da-silva-arrested-on-rape-charges-8741.php

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Alex Da Silva arrested qwertypie 04-07-09 1
   RE: Alex Da Silva arrested Snidget 04-07-09 2
       RE: Alex Da Silva arrested qwertypie 04-07-09 3
 RE: Alex Da Silva arrested mtopaz 04-07-09 4
   RE: Alex Da Silva arrested Snidget 04-07-09 5
       RE: Alex Da Silva arrested qwertypie 04-08-09 6
 Released Snidget 04-08-09 7
   RE: Released qwertypie 04-08-09 8
 RE: Alex Da Silva arrested realityfreek 04-09-09 9
   RE: Alex Da Silva arrested qwertypie 04-10-09 10
       RE: Alex Da Silva arrested Sagebrush Dan 05-14-09 11
 HERE WE GO AGAIN qwertypie 08-18-09 12
   RE: HERE WE GO AGAIN Snidget 08-18-09 13
       RE: HERE WE GO AGAIN JessicaRN 08-18-09 14
           RE: HERE WE GO AGAIN qwertypie 08-19-09 15
 Guilty. Estee 09-21-11 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-09, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Alex Da Silva arrested"
I have been rather vocal about not being a fan of Alex da Silva, but this brings me no joy.

I doubt they will have this resolved by next season (the bail is really high, who knows when the court date will be).
I wonder if the show had a sniff of this because they didn't use Alex as choreographer for the last argentine tango (Was it Dmitri or am I getting that mixed up with SYTYCD-Canada?).

Maybe the show will drop Argentine tango from the line-up til this blows over. One can hope.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-07-09, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Alex Da Silva arrested"
From wikipedia looks like Da Silva did one and Dmitry did the last one.

Da Silva only did dances during the first half of the season or so, and was only every other week during that time. Dmitry's AT was after Da Silva's last dance of the season.

There may have been something brewing during last seasons, but it could be coinkydink.

04-07-09, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Alex Da Silva arrested"
And I wonder if more people are going to come forward claiming he did the same thing to them now this is public

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-07-09, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Alex Da Silva arrested"
He is currently being held on $3.8 million bail and scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday, according to The AP.

I am not familiar with usual bond amounts, if there are any such things, for various crimes. But $3.8 million sure sounds on the high side, which leads me to think that the evidence the prosecutors presented to the judge when asking for higher bail might have been rather convincing.

Only time will tell, but considering that at least four women have made formal complaints, I'd say it's looking rather grim for DeSilva. If he did commit these acts, I hope he gets what he deserves.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

04-07-09, 06:52 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Alex Da Silva arrested"
One of the articles I read noted that they consider him a flight risk as he has lots of connections in Latin America so could theoretically hide very well if he managed to get out of the US.

That high an amount either makes it next to impossible to raise the money to get out, or makes it so if you skip town you will have nothing left to live on.

04-08-09, 01:19 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Alex Da Silva arrested"
That was my thought.

04-08-09, 06:18 PM (EST)
7. "Released"
link

We see if this goes any farther, it seems odd they'd go through all that to arrest him with a high bail just to drop the charges.

04-08-09, 06:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Released"
Bizarre. I hope this doesn't jeopardize them recharging him if more people come forward.

realityfreek 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-09-09, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityfreek Click to send private message to realityfreek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Alex Da Silva arrested"
Wasnt he the one that did the dance for his disabled daughter?
And his wife helps him w/the choreographing of the dances?

04-10-09, 00:44 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Alex Da Silva arrested"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-09 AT 00:57 AM (EST)

Not at all. That was Jean Marc Genereux and his wife France. They are Canadian and he was a driving force behind SYTYCD Canada. Alex da Silva specializes in salsa and for some unknown reason, SYTYCD USA got him to choreograph argentine tangos even though his only notable argentine tango experience is that he choreographs "argentine tangos" for SYTYCD.
Alex Da Silva

Jean Marc Genereux

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Alex Da Silva arrested"
his only notable argentine tango experience is that he choreographs "argentine tangos" for SYTYCD.

Sounds good enough for me.

Forged by Cahaya, the Brave and True

08-18-09, 03:48 PM (EST)
12. "HERE WE GO AGAIN"
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-09 AT 10:00 PM (EST)

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2009/08/so-you-think-you-can-do-time-alex-da-silva-arrested-for-rape-again/

This times charges were laid.

Webby has a better link
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/former-dance-choreographer-alex-da-silva-charged-with-sexual-assault-9370.php

So much his declaration that all the accusers were in cahoots with each other.

08-18-09, 03:59 PM (EST)
13. "RE: HERE WE GO AGAIN"
Yikes.

I really don't want this to be true, but I know being on TV doesn't say anything about what you are capable of doing.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-18-09, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: HERE WE GO AGAIN"
Suddenly, Louis doesn't seem so skeevy.

08-19-09, 10:43 AM (EST)
15. "RE: HERE WE GO AGAIN"
word.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-11, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Guilty."
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/ex-dance-choreographer-alex-da-silva-convicted-of-rape-and-assault-12691.php

And now, in a misguided attempt to pull away from the competition, Alison Grodner will begin casting for mass murderers.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •