The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lost Hiatus Rewatch"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-25-09, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lost Hiatus Rewatch"
I've seen that there is an internet-wide Lost rewatch going on. I've been unable to really follow since I don't have Lost on DVD and I can't watch any tv from a computer for very long. I have however been trying to catch SciFi reruns.

If anyone is up to a casual rewatch join in. I started this week and the episodes I catch may not be in order or I may skip. I'm just going to write the season and the episode title in the subject line and jot down anything that pops out that might be relevant now. Feel free to add or disagree!

A PhoenixMons Creation

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Season 2-Man of Science, Man of Fai... zombiebaby 06-25-09 1
 Season 2 "Adrift" zombiebaby 06-25-09 2
 Season 2 Orientation zombiebaby 06-25-09 3
   RE: Season 2 Orientation weltek 06-25-09 5
       RE: Season 2 Orientation zombiebaby 06-25-09 7
       Walt and dream/visions zombiebaby 06-25-09 8
 RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch trigirl 06-25-09 4
   RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch zombiebaby 06-25-09 6
 Everybody Hates Hugo zombiebaby 06-25-09 9
 ...and Found" zombiebaby 06-27-09 10
   RE: ...and Found" weltek 07-01-09 12
 RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch HistoryDetective 07-01-09 11
   RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch PackMan 07-06-09 13
       RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch zombiebaby 07-07-09 14
 The Hunting Party zombiebaby 07-16-09 15
   RE: The Hunting Party mrc 07-17-09 16
 RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch weltek 07-22-09 17
 RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch michel 07-26-09 18
 RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch Ahtumbreez 07-27-09 19
   Tummy! zombiebaby 07-27-09 20
       Ooooo! moonbaby 07-27-09 21
       Zombs! Ahtumbreez 07-29-09 22
 1st episode title of Season 6! zombiebaby 08-11-09 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-25-09, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Season 2-Man of Science, Man of Faith"
LAST EDITED ON 06-25-09 AT 10:02 AM (EST)

Like I said I am completely out of sync with the rest of the internet in the rewatch. I think they are on season 1.

This episode starts off with "Make Your Own Kind of Music" song of a man getting ready and the big twist is that it is Desmond from inside the Swan hatch.

Flashback is Jack and him deciding to save Sarah instead of Shannon's father. His father talks to him about his bedside manner as does Hurley(on island).

Things I noticed this time around:

Jack notices sneakers outside the door way down in the hatch.

The floor of the hatch under the dome wherer the computer is black and red squares like a checker board. I jsut thought this interesting because I thought someone mentioned that Lost theme is not only black and white but red could be considered the 3rd color. Also it might reference to the "game" aspect of the show.

THe hatch on rewatch is no longer mysterious yet it was actually creepier watching Jack move along in it knowing that maybe Juliet was buried down there. We see Jack's key around his neck get pulled by the magnetic force too.

Jack and Locke arguing while Desmond has him held by gunpoint. Jack asks him if this is Locke's destiny and he says something interesting(I thought). Paraphrasing "do all roads lead to here John?"

ETA: Here is the link for when we originally saw this episode.
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID77/267.shtml

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-25-09, 09:46 AM (EST)
2. "Season 2 "Adrift""
Micheal, Sawyer adrfit on the raft after the creepy boatnapping of Walt. Jin is missing(that guy gets lost a lot). We see the Dharma shark.

We get Kate's perspective on going down in the hatch. She stuffs her face full of Apollo bars.

Micheal's flashback of signing away his rights to Walt. He gives Walt a stuffed polar bear too. His scenes with Sawyer on the raft show that Sawyer is starting to look out for others and would become the guy we know today. End scene is Jin running out of jungle shouting "Others!" which will turn out to be Ana Lucia, Eko and the rest of tailies.

Things I noticed:

Not much in this one. Lots of Dharma logos.

Locke telling Desmond to tie up Kate instead of him stating that she is a fugitive and he is only a regional collection manager of a box company. Desmond believes him and Locke ties her up but gives her a knife to escape. Locke and boxes.

06-25-09, 09:55 AM (EST)
3. "Season 2 Orientation"
LAST EDITED ON 06-25-09 AT 10:09 AM (EST)

One of my favorite episodes.

We get Locke's perspective on entering the hatch. Numbers, Desmond, Ana Lucia faking out Sawyer and most importantly we get our fist look at Pierre Chang and a Dharma Orientation film.

Locke's flashback about meeting Helen and how she wanted him to give up his obsession with his father. This was post kidney operation.

Sayid and Hurley enter the hatch.

Things I noticed;

We see Locke take off his shoes before entering the hatch.

In Locke's flashback we see him putting on shoes post-sex with Helen. He can't sleep in a strange bed and is leaving.

Locke and Jack argue about faith. This scene is worth rewatching for. They almost sound like Jacob and the man in the black shirt here.

Locke tells Jack that he(Jack)must be the one to push the button. Jack ends up pushing it.

Locke says at one point that "that's not what's supposed to happen".

The Dharma video is creepier now because it is about The Incident. Chang's arm is fake. Locke states "We're gonna have to watch that again".

I mention the shoes now because knowing what we know about Locke's fate so far I just thought it was interesting since he had to have Christian's shoes too. Is it a clue? I don't know.

Original discussion:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID77/301.shtml

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-09, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 2 Orientation"
LAST EDITED ON 06-25-09 AT 01:18 PM (EST)

In one of the other recent threads, I was talking about the shoe significance. Jacob/white/good was not wearing shoes. Man2/black/evil was wearing shoes. In several "visions" of dead people, the dead were sometimes not wearing shoes (proxy bodies for Jacob vs. Man #2?).

ETA Link: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Dreams

I'm very curious if last season's Claire dream Kate had showed Claire with or without shoes. It would help explain how Aaron going back could make a difference for the triumph of good vs. evil. I have a feeling Aaron is the next Jacob (blonde hair) and will "save" the island somehow (though I still subscribe to the idea that "good" might not really be "good" per se-blurring of the line). If Claire was wearing shoes, it might indicate she was a Man#2 proxy in that dream.

-A Tribetastic Creation

06-25-09, 01:18 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Season 2 Orientation"
Oooh see this is good! Do you think Jacob and Man2 could have been "in" Locke that early?

I know Christian has been observed that way too, no shoes and white tennis shoes.

06-25-09, 01:26 PM (EST)
8. "Walt and dream/visions"
I did not see your link originally and just read it.

In Man of Science, Man of Faith, Shannon has a vision of wet Walt who says "don't push the button, the button is bad"(backwards). I wonder if that implies that vision is one of the two men. If he is "pushing" them to not push the button he does not want them to act on faith.

Then we have Locke who in Season 3 has the vision of Walt who is dry telling him he "has work to do". Who else has said that? Jacob? Boone to Locke? I can't recall. I think it was Christian a few times though right? Does dry vision = faith, wet=science?

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-25-09, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch"
When are these shows on? I would love to join the 'rewatch'.

06-25-09, 01:16 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch"
LAST EDITED ON 06-25-09 AT 01:19 PM (EST)

I'm watching on SciFi. I'm on the east coast and they play it at 4:00pm M-F and again at 1:00am. ABC I think reruns an episode Saturday nights at 11:30(I think).

But you can always download an episode.

Do it TriGirl! I've been rereading the archives and a few of us from the beginning are still here!

06-25-09, 05:58 PM (EST)
9. "Everybody Hates Hugo"
Hurley has to take inventory of the food in the hatch, Jack and Sayid check out under the concrete, Kate takes a shower, Claire finds the bottle with their messages, Micheal, Jin and Sawyer get released by the tailies and meet Bernard.

Hurley has a dream where Jin speaks English, Walt's on the milk carton and Jin tells Hurley that "everything's going to change".

Hurley flashback of him winning the lottery, quitting Mr. Clucks, putting gnomes on his ex boss' lawn, asking out Starla, spending the day with his friend.

Things of note:

Jack and Sayid check out where the strong electromagnetic force is coming from. They go underneath it. Sayid says last time he saw something like this was Chernobyl. What was different this time is knowing that those two had such a large part in putting it there.

Rose and her faith that Bernard was still alive. Rose never heard of Apollo bars.

Locke tells Charlie about what is going on in the hatch. What I found different this time is that he seems like an instigator here. He kind of laughs and tells Charlie everything and that Hurley is in control of the food. Is he really Locke here? Is he trying to stir things up?

Locke also tells Hurley that he has had lots of jobs that he did not want to do but he did them. His job was to get people to believe that they had to push that button every 108 minutes. Hurley does not get to quit.

This is all running with Hurley's flashback about not revealing that he won the lottery just yet. Of note, his mother tells him that she knows he is lying because she can always tell when he tells the truth. She said something similar to him this past season when he told her all about the island.

Hurley's biggest fear comes true when his friend is disappointed in him for not telling him. However on the island Hurley comes through and makes the right decision this time and decides to pass out the food.

The episode ends with a musical montage of everyone enjoying the Dharma food. I miss these! Jack and Kate are relaxed. Charlie and Claire share peanut butter and Locke looks on with a weird smile. Can't make out his footwear here. Sun buries the bottle with thier messages.

We then see Bernard ask about Rose. Very touching. Sawyer even looks touched here.

06-27-09, 08:27 AM (EST)
10. "...and Found""
Sun tries to find her wedding ring, Micheal plots running away from the tailies as they make their way back to the other side of the island. Jin and Mr. Echo watch creepy, hillbilly others walk by. Sawyer starts to feel the gunshot wound more. Libby has a few lines.

Flashback is Sun and Jin. Jin gets a job at a hotel as a doorman and it told to not let anyone like him in. Sun is set up with the hotel owner's son. She starts to fall for him and then he tells her he met a woman in America that he wants to marry. At the end, Sun and Jin meet for the first time.

Things I noticed:

Mr. Echo says that the Others don't leave tracks.

We see dead Goodwin.

Jack tells Sun about how he once lost his wedding ring and that he never told his wife, he just replaced it.

Kate shows more emotion here that she thinks Sawyer might be dead with the other rafties than when he jumps from the helicopter or the island moved. She said "I never got to say goodbye".

Sun wears very white, clean pants to garden. She is absolutley gorgeous in this episode.

Beautful end shot of Kate and Sun looking out on the sunset over the water.

Most significant IMHO
Sun gets angry, pulls apart her garden as Locke comes up. He tells her very Zen-like "he was once lost but now he is found and that she will find the ring the way most things are found, when you stop looking". I wonder, forshadowing on how she will find Jin again?

This episode is a good reminder to me of why I love this show. It's almost a "classic episode". Not much is revealed but almost everyone in the cast is used. It is mostly about the relationships they all have with each other. Sure Jack and Kate and Kate and Sawyer. But you remember that Sawyer and Jin had a special relationship, Jin and Bernard, Sawyer and Hurley, Charlie and Hurley etc.

07-01-09, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: ...and Found""
I love your notes, zombs. Thanks!

-A Tribetastic Creation

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-09, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch"
A rewatch leading up to the final season sounds great --- but I only have Season 1 on DVD. I'm holding out now for the complete series boxed set.

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-06-09, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch"
You can watch old episodes of ABC shows on ABC's Full Episode Player.

The site has all of the seasons of Lost, but you do have to watch them on your computer instead of your TV. I've been watching some of the old epsisodes on my Mac, and it beats having to buy all the DVD's, unless you want the commentary that is included on the DVD releases.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

07-07-09, 09:02 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch"
Good to know! It appears that Lost is now not being rerun on SciFi. Just when I was able to watch them!

Hopefully some people can catch an episode here or there and post their thoughts here!

You've been hotpocketed!

07-16-09, 05:36 PM (EST)
15. "The Hunting Party"
LAST EDITED ON 07-16-09 AT 05:44 PM (EST)

Yay SyFy put Lost back on at 4:00! I was able to catch today.

The Hunting Party was interesting. Brief recap this is where Micheal knocks out Locke, locks up him and Jack and takes of after Walt(after using the computer). Saywer, Jack and Locke take off after him. We have our famous jungle nighttime scene with "Zeke" aka Tom and the jungle full of torches, Tom telling them this is their island and they let them live on it and to not cross the line. Kate followed the guys and got nabbed by the Others and they had to trade their guns for her safety. Last line of the episode is Jack asking Ana Lucia how long it will take to raise/train an army.

Flashbacks are of Jack. He is asked to perform a miracle surgery on an old man with a tumor on his spine. The man is Italian and his daughter Gabriella is there. We learn that Sarah is often alone due to Jack working so hard. The surgery is not successful as the man dies due to heart failure. Gabriella kisses Jack in the parking lot and Jack confess to his wife this. After promising to make things better, Sarah informs him she was leaving him for someone else anyway. He will always need "something to fix".

Notables:

Kate spends a great deal in this episode trying to get on Jack's good side. She is all about him even though she shares a few smiles with Sawyer.

Jack, Locke and Sawyer hear gun shots in the jungle and when they come across the empty shells there is nothing else there. Those shots have never been accounted for have they? I had a brief thought of when they were time skipping if they might have done it there. It almost looked near the place where they were in 1954.

I hate to say this as it is one of my least favorite theories but this epsiode could be pointed at supporting the "they are all in therapy and are working out their problems via virtual reality". Gabriella after signing the release forms on her father tells Jack "What's the matter? Do you want to go back? You don't have to go back if you don't want to". It just stuck out and was odd. Additionally Jack admits to Sarah he made a mistake with Gabriella and right after that she tells him she is leaving him. Cut to island and Kate is repeatedly telling Jack she was sorry and made a mistake.

Jack finds Ana Lucia on the beach playing with Vincent and says "I see you have a new friend" and her answer? "Progress".

Locke tells Jack that they need light to go on in the dark.

Recurring theme through episode is that no one has the right to tell someone else what they can or can't do.

Christain tells Italian man he can't have surgery.
Jack tells Kate she can't come with them.
Sun tells Jin he can't go after the 3 to look for Micheal.
Sun also tells Jin that no one likes to be told what to do.
Tom tells them they can't cross the line.
Sawyer told Jack he can't tell him what to do.
Locke tells Jack that he can't tell people what they can and can't do.
Sarah tells Jack he can't fix it.
Locke says they can't tell Micheal not to look for his son.
Micheal tells Jack that it is his right to look for Walt.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-09, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Hunting Party"
I hate the therapy theory. That would be so lame.

You've been hotpocketed!

07-22-09, 10:48 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch"
I caught one of the SyFy reruns for a bit on Monday. It was a Charlie-centric episode where he's having very vivid dreams and Eko helps him interpret them as Aaron needing to be baptized. Claire and Aaron eventually do get baptized by Eko.

I had forgotten about the dream/vision Charlie had by the water where Claire and Charlie's mother were on the beach in a biblical scene telling him to save Aaron. A burst happens in the sky of that Claire/mom/Aaron scene behind them (mimicing the plane crash?), with black and white birds flying down from the sky.

Locke had questionable good and evil moments in this episode. He was made to be a savior helping Claire and not ratting out Charlie to Claire, yet he doesn't destroy the drug statues (rather locks them up and changes the combo in the hatch-I recall us wondering why he didn't destroy the remaining statues) and he DID try to prevent Aaron from being baptized, if you look at it from that angle. He looked very sinister in some scenes. I keep wondering if Locke was every really just Locke and it wasn't Jacob's nemesis the whole time.

-A Tribetastic Creation

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-09, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch"
LAST EDITED ON 07-26-09 AT 09:36 PM (EST)

The local ABC station is re-running season 2 episodes. We've seen the episodes after Ben was caught and said his name was Henry Gale. Ben had to have been told to go see what was inside the Dharma station by either Jacob or X. Soon after Ben found out about the numbers, Ecko got John to his "Question mark", the other station by the fallen plane. That's where John saw that his hatch had been observed and will lead to John refusing to punch the numbers.

That tells me all this is part of the game between Jacob and X. I believe the numbers had nothing to do with preventing a catastrophe, they just served to re-activate the "cloaking" mechanism that hid the island. Jacob was probably tired of the game that X was playing and decided to place the island out of reach. X, wanting to finish the game (probably meaning killing Jacob), had to find a way to deactivate the "cloaking" mechanism and, as soon as he did, more people got to find the island. Destruction soon followed, just as X said it always does.

It's all a game. Our Losties are the pawns as are the Others and everyone else who has ever been on the island except Jacob and X.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-09, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Lost Hiatus Rewatch"
I'm sticking this here because it's the most active thread -
I just read an interview where it was said that a lot of characters from Season 1 will be back for the last season. Makes me hopeful for a Charlie return, but I'm in pout mode because the guy that played Boone is already signed for a new series.

07-27-09, 11:10 AM (EST)
20. "Tummy!"
Do you do casting spoilers? I do when it is this far away. If you want to know something click and scroll down to "Old Face Returning"

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-09, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Ooooo!"
Can't wait to get home and watch all these videos!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-09, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Zombs!"
Awesome! This site might give me my fix for a little bit. Good to see Charlie .

08-11-09, 09:25 AM (EST)
23. "1st episode title of Season 6!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-09 AT 10:13 AM (EST)

edited to remove and make own thread.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •