The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Idol 5: Official 'Simon is a big, fat, doodiehead' thresd."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-18-06, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Idol 5: Official 'Simon is a big, fat, doodiehead' thresd."
All retorts to Simon's unfair assessments of the contestants should be placed here.

Winter sports by Tribephyl, 2005
Although you just gotta love how he cut off the statue of Liberty guy two words into his song.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simo... thndrkttn 01-18-06 1
   RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simo... geekboy 01-18-06 2
       RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simo... thndrkttn 01-18-06 3
           RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simo... geekboy 01-18-06 5
               RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simo... thndrkttn 01-18-06 6
   RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simo... okaychatt 01-18-06 8
   RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simo... nailbone 01-20-06 10
 RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simo... Tahj 01-18-06 4
   RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simo... okaychatt 01-18-06 9
 RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simo... okaychatt 01-18-06 7
   RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simo... nailbone 01-20-06 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-18-06, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simon is a big, fat, doodiehead' thresd."
I don't agree with you on much Wayne, but I really have to concur here. Simon was beyond cruel for no reason. Why would he call that little guy a rat? The kid did probably THE most horrible rendition of The Weight since Phil Lesh sang it, but to call the kid a rat was totally unnecessary.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-18-06, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simon is a big, fat, doodiehead' thresd."
Can you even imagine how many bad auditions they have to sit through? I think anyone w/ a shred of hte wit that Simon has would make his or her share of 'unkind' comments to these people that are clueless to the fact that they cannot sing at all.

geekboy

01-18-06, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simon is a big, fat, doodiehead' thresd."

So just because they can't sing, that gives Simon the right to insult the hell out of them and, in particular, call the one kid a rat? I think Simon was being a complete prick for no reason at all other than he was feeling cranky.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-18-06, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simon is a big, fat, doodiehead' thresd."
Yes, in all honesty, i do. Simon is the cold-hard-dose of reality in this reality show. The music business is hell. He represents the music business. If they got an audition for a major label, the criticism would be harsher. again, IF they got an audition.

If you elect to audition for AI, you have a chance of facing Simon and being told the awful truth.

geekboy

01-18-06, 01:48 PM (EST)
6. "RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simon is a big, fat, doodiehead' thresd."
Please tell me, because I'm dying to know, what does singing poorly have to do with being told you look like a rat? The kid didn't look like a rat and I really don't think he deserved what Simon dished out. The kid sung poorly. Why did Simon have to start belittling his looks on top of that?

Really. Please. Enlighten me with your vast knowledge of the music business.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-18-06, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simon is a big, fat, doodiehead' thresd."
<but to call the kid a rat was totally unnecessary.

Hi thunderkttn

I agree Simon crossed the line of common courtesy with his remarks.

However, when I put myself in his place, listening to hundreds of talentless wannabes, who are convinced they are the next American Idol, I understand his crankiness. The urge to get the heck out of there would be overwhelming for me, and Simon is a pro. Can you imagine how frustrated and disgusted he must feel?!

Listening to excerpts is enough to do me in. Simon has to hear the real deal, trapped in a hotel conference room for many, many days. I understand how his normal courtesy (well - surely he has SOME, right?) would be overridden by the urge to stop the pain with any kind of acerbic comment that comes to hand. He has my every sympathy.

Like Simon, I don't bear self deluded fools well, either. HA!

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simon is a big, fat, doodiehead' thresd."
Why would he call that little guy a rat? The kid did probably THE most horrible rendition of The Weight since Phil Lesh sang it, but to call the kid a rat was totally unnecessary.

Simon didn't call the kid a rat. Paula said with his voice he could do voice-overs for cartoon shows like "Rugrats". Simon picked up on that and accused Paula of calling him a rat.

Not defending Simon cuz I think he's mean sometimes. Just getting the facts straight on this one.

Sig by Cyg

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-18-06, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simon is a big, fat, doodiehead' thresd."
But you must admit, his manboobs look good in mint green.

Moves courtesy of Syren

01-18-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simon is a big, fat, doodiehead' thresd."
<But you must admit, his manboobs look good in mint green.

I missed those - laughing too hard and groaning too loudly to pay attention to Simon's classically dull wardrobe.

Mint, huh? He must have discovered color.

01-18-06, 05:10 PM (EST)
7. "RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simon is a big, fat, doodiehead' thresd."
<Although you just gotta love how he cut off the statue of Liberty guy two words into his song.

WHAT was that contestant thinking?! It's one thing to try to get noticed. Quite another to make a mockery of a deadly serious audition process.

Unless Mr. Liberty was going for wit and ended up with slapstick instead.

Then, I have no empathy for the nitwit. Same for Dorothy.

And I still can't believe how seriously some of those contestants took themselves.

The guy that sounded like an auntie? Good Gravy Marie! His family must either be deaf or have a lot of ear wax.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: American Idol 5: Official 'Simon is a big, fat, doodiehead' thresd."
And what really boggles is that some of the worst ones are the loudest at blaming the judges and saying that the judges don't know what they're talking about.

Especially that one chick who needs to have her mouth washed out!

Sig by Cyg

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •