The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Human Nature"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

ghost cat 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-20-03, 02:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ghost%20cat Click to send private message to ghost%20cat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Human Nature"
Several times in the episodes, the producers refer to the show as being "an experiment". Maybe this is true; maybe it's giving the whole thing too much credit.

On the other hand, I think I've learned a lot about human nature. Not from watching Matt's reactions, but from seeing the fans' reactions here on the board. I had no idea that modern society could be cynical AND paranoid at the same time.

SpikeTV has handed us what is essentially a giant conspiracy: everyone (including the audience) is in on the "joke" except for poor Matt. And what's the first thing that people start to do on this board? They invent even MORE elaborate conspiracies!

Let's see if I've got them all....

1) Everyone is an actor; everyone knows the truth. This is a scripted show masquerading as reality TV.

2) Matt is an actor, but he has been hired to convince the other actors that he is a "real schmo".

3) Matt IS a real schmo, but he has been told everything and instructed to convince the others that he doesn't know.

4) Matt IS a real schmo, and he WASN'T told in advance, but he figured things out on the first day and the producers begged him to pretend until the end.

Do any of these conspiracies seem plausible at all? Not in my opinion. But we've been deluged with so much Reality TV that we (to quote Matt) "can't even tell what's real anymore". We're all waiting for the other shoe to drop, even if it doesn't exist.

Me, I just enjoy the show.

The Ghost Cat

"God has created the cat to give man the pleasure of caressing the tiger."

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Human Nature woeisme1 10-20-03 1
   As promised: woeisme1 10-20-03 2
       Now, don't get snippy about sarcasm... Guppin1234 10-20-03 5
   RE: Human Nature Deonna 10-20-03 3
       RE: Human Nature woeisme1 10-20-03 4
   RE: Human Nature ghost cat 10-21-03 7
       RE: Human Nature woeisme1 10-21-03 8
           RE: Human Nature Guppin1234 10-21-03 9
               RE: Human Nature Lisapooh 10-21-03 10
                   Hey Bebo 10-22-03 14
                       RE: Hey Lisapooh 10-22-03 16
                           RE: Hey Lisapooh 10-22-03 17
                               RE: Hey Lisapooh 10-22-03 18
                                   The "Fin"*hearts*Pooh DataShark 10-22-03 19
                                   RE: Hey Schnookie Palookie 10-22-03 20
                                       RE: Hey Breezy 10-22-03 22
                                   Beware low-flying witches... Draco Malfoy 10-22-03 21
                                       RE: Beware low-flying witches... Lisapooh 10-22-03 23
                                       Can we pick up the pace... northernlights 10-22-03 24
                                           RE: Can we pick up the pace... anotherkim 10-22-03 26
                                               I'm in! L82LIFE 10-22-03 27
                                                   RE: I'm in! Guppin1234 10-22-03 30
                                               RE: Can we pick up the pace... woeisme1 10-22-03 33
                                                   For the love of GIFFERS... Do it f... Guppin1234 10-22-03 36
                                       I love a parade! moonbaby 10-22-03 25
                                           RE: I love a parade! - Where's Bria... Guppin1234 10-22-03 29
                               RE: Hey woeisme1 10-22-03 34
               A loving whack woeisme1 10-21-03 11
                   RE: A loving whack ghost cat 10-22-03 12
                       RE: A loving whack woeisme1 10-22-03 13
                   Okay, aint no thing! Guppin1234 10-22-03 28
                       RE: Okay, aint no thing! woeisme1 10-22-03 32
               Whack Good, Fire Bad Bebo 10-22-03 15
                   RE: Whack Good, Fire Bad woeisme1 10-22-03 31
                       Made ya look! (off topic) Guppin1234 10-22-03 35
 RE: Human Nature Rabies 10-20-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

woeisme1 4059 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-20-03, 05:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Human Nature"
First, welcome to the board Ghost!

I agree with you about just enjoying the show but I don't think we've all become "cynical and paranoid" as you claim as well as inventing more conspiracies.

We do this because it gives us something entertaining to do between shows!!!

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but so is everyone else. We are all just exspressing ours as a means of keeping each other laughing and it's all in lighthearted fun.

If you've not found us entertaining here (or yourself laughing) go over to the Off Topic Forum and laugh your butt off, for real (I'm not being sarcastic either,I damn near pee my pants on a regular basis there). Here is just a sample of a posted link there:

http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/index.html

But first tell me you don't find all the summaries hysterical as well as our responses to them.

In the meantime I'll see if I can dig up a welcome basket for you.

Charmingly crafted by Phoenixmons.

If you need me you can find me --fantasizing about my reality so I can realize my fantasy......

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-20-03, 05:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "As promised:"
Here is your lovely welcome basket. Ok they call it crappy gift basket around here but I think it's lovely.

If you need me you can find me --fantasizing about my reality so I can realize my fantasy......

Guppin:A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of
thinking. Arthur Block

Am I getting good at this or what?

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-20-03, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Now, don't get snippy about sarcasm..."
Well, I guess that explains why my ex-hubby never reached any conclusions about anything.

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-20-03, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Human Nature"
That was a perfect response!
Deonna

10-20-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Human Nature"
Why thank you very much Deonna!!!! Always appreciate hearing I've done something right!!!

10-21-03, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ghost%20cat Click to send private message to ghost%20cat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Human Nature"
>First, welcome to the board Ghost!

Thanks, though according to the DAW ratings, I've posted at least 6 times already.

>I agree with you about just
>enjoying the show but I
>don't think we've all become
>"cynical and paranoid" as you
>claim as well as inventing
>more conspiracies.
>
>We do this because it gives
>us something entertaining to do
>between shows!!!

I think, as someone else mentioned, that you're getting a little bit sensitive here. I didn't say that YOU as an individual are cynical and paranoid, I said that human nature/society in general seems to be a lot more cynical than it used to be. And it seems that Conspiracy Theories (in every subject, not just Joe Schmo) have become a major past-time.

>
>You are entitled to your opinion,
>of course, but so is
>everyone else. We are
>all just exspressing ours as
>a means of keeping each
>other laughing and it's all
>in lighthearted fun.

If it is all in lighthearted fun, they why are you taking my opinions/observations so seriously?

>
>If you've not found us entertaining
>here (or yourself laughing) go
>over to the Off Topic
>Forum and laugh your butt
>off, for real

Hey, I find this forum highly entertaining, or else I wouldn't be here. In fact, I find conspiracies highly entertaining too (I watched X-Files and Lone Gunmen). It's just nice to talk about a variety of subjects, not just "Does Matt know?".

>But first tell me you don't
>find all the summaries hysterical
>as well as our responses
>to them.
>

Of course I love the summaries, but what does that have to do with my original message?

Soooo, anyway. Everyone here can make observations about how silly the show is sometimes, but I'm not allowed to make observations about how silly this forum is sometimes? What a shame....

the Ghost Cat

10-21-03, 06:26 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Human Nature"

**WHACK**

10-21-03, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Human Nature"
Is that whack as in up side the head or whack as in kiss on the cheek whack?

It's gettin' real thick in here all of a sudden....seems to build up and explode every few weeks or so.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-21-03, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Human Nature"
Clearly, everyone needs to just unite in their tremendous love and respect for me. That's where the common ground is. That's where joy resides. Love the pooh, people. Love. The. Pooh.

yes, I realize how annoying I am. I just don't care.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Hey"
Are you trying to cut me out of the action here, Pooh? I thought we were a double act.

Come worship at Beho and Poho's House O' Fun.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

10-22-03, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Hey"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-03 AT 11:21 AM (EST)

sweetoe! Did you not get the memo? This is national Poho Lvoe Week. Don't miss the parade, bounce house and dunking booth on Saturday.

You've got the other 51 weeks all to yourself, can't you share the love just this one time!

Andrew Dan-Jumbo is Grand Marshall of the Pooh Parade!

10-22-03, 11:28 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Hey"
videotaped footage from yesterday's run through.

10-22-03, 11:43 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Hey"
aerial footage provided by....

DataShark 1395 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-22-03, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DataShark Click to send private message to DataShark Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "The "Fin"*hearts*Pooh"

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Hey"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-03 AT 12:09 PM (EST)

I love a parade, especially if it's headed up by Dan-Jumbo and Princess Pooh and has the Fin!

*it's really all inside*

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Hey"
Where's the icecream? I heard we're going on an icecream run!

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Beware low-flying witches..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-03 AT 12:13 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-22-03 AT 12:12 PM (EST)

Edited to add the fin and Schnookie
Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:306.5 Loss To Date:-33.5

10-22-03, 12:24 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Beware low-flying witches..."
you know what kicks such serious ass? Even though I am the neediest person on the planet and obviously did not get enough attention as a child, all I have to do is blatantly beg for people to come to my parade and it happens. Best. parade. ever.

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Can we pick up the pace..."
...lunch break is almost over.

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Can we pick up the pace..."

Pretend I'm waving beauty queen style, okay?

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "I'm in!"

Anytime there's a parade for Pooh love, I'm there!

10-22-03, 01:41 PM (EST)
30. "RE: I'm in!"

Anytime there's a parade for Pooh love, I'm there!

10-22-03, 06:04 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Can we pick up the pace..."
>aerial footage provided by....
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Sorry Kim for all my transgressions, including copying you but I don't quite know how to add my own. Please forgive me. But since it is all about POOH today, I wanted to be involved in the parade.

10-22-03, 07:59 PM (EST)
36. "For the love of GIFFERS... Do it for the GIFFER...."
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-03 AT 08:00 PM (EST)

http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/e.html

I found this site, you may be able to find instructions on it as to how to incorporate GIF images/ani's into your docs, if not, I'll try to explain later.

Take care!

Snausages? Milk Bones?

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "I love a parade!"

WHEEEEE!

10-22-03, 01:35 PM (EST)
29. "RE: I love a parade! - Where's Brian, see post So what now"
I love this picture moonbaby! How do you feel about Ansel Adams?

10-22-03, 06:07 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Hey"
Pooh.. I just lvoe what you've done with this thrsd!!!!!!!!!

10-21-03, 11:02 PM (EST)
11. "A loving whack"
We don't give mean whacks here Guppi. It was more of a "would you please play nicely or you'll be asked to do a time out from the pool" kinda kiss. Why heck I even went and got a lovely gift basket for the ghost and still I was attacked. Well maybe not attacked but my thoughts were all taken the wrong way and turned around and golly, gee, whiz, what am I to do?

Woe **hearts** Lisapooh, so can ya help me out here?

10-22-03, 02:12 AM (EST)
12. "RE: A loving whack"
I wasn't attacking, I was defending. But hey, whatever, it's all good.

Anyway, any NEW amusing conspiracy theories since the last time I was here?

the ghost cat

10-22-03, 02:29 AM (EST)
13. "RE: A loving whack"
I see you've made it to "Got Milk? Spokesperson. WTG
I don't know why you felt the need to be defensive but I'm glad it's all good now.
No new theories from this corner (I myself am a HUGE X-Files and Lone Gunman fan) but will let you know should any come up.

10-22-03, 01:31 PM (EST)
28. "Okay, aint no thing!"
Actually, I was hoping to get punished. So much for realizing my fantasy!

It's time for your massage Ms. Woe -

10-22-03, 05:58 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Okay, aint no thing!"
**WHACK**
There ya go my little Guppi...your fantasy made reality.

Thanks for the massage, it is so appreciated

I used to have problems forming sentences, now I

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Whack Good, Fire Bad"
Typically, whacks are meant in the spirit of fun. Kinda like when your little brother is annoying you.

No, wait. That's a bad example.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

10-22-03, 05:52 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Whack Good, Fire Bad"
It was meant in fun Bebo but I sometimes forget that JS posters aren't always OT posters and not privy to the meaning or use of whacks and spranks. What was I to do as I sat here rolling my eyes because my good spirited fun was taken too seriously?

And for the record I NEVER hit any of my brothers with anything besides hugs and kisses.

10-22-03, 07:55 PM (EST)
35. "Made ya look! (off topic)"

Hey woeman, just testing out these free GIF images I found. I posted over in "Tell me about your Mother-in-Law" slowly making my way through OT.

Rabies 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-20-03, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Human Nature"
I don't think the cynical and paranoid you see here is representational of the entire viewing audience. It's representational of that minority percentage of the viewing audience that's prone to be cynical and paranoid enough to jump on the internet and go write in a forum about a silly TV show!

Everyone else just goes about their lives.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •