The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"This is not meant to be rude but..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-19-07, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"This is not meant to be rude but..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-07 AT 05:35 PM (EST)

Azaria and Hendekea, I live near London, that means that I live closer to Ouagadougou than you would if you were in Ethiopia (Assuming their family is from Addis Ababa. Roughly 50 miles since you ask).

I have Chinese ancestors, should I get excited when I go to Istanbul?

Sorry, I just get frustrated at the assumption that an entire continent is a small place.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: This is not meant to be rude bu... Earl Colby Pottinger 11-19-07 1
 RE: This is not meant to be rude bu... mattben 11-19-07 2
 RE: This is not meant to be rude bu... Karchita 11-20-07 3
   RE: This is not meant to be rude bu... Kamio 11-20-07 4
       WARNING Bebo 11-20-07 7
 RE: This is not meant to be rude bu... Colonel Zoidberg 11-20-07 5
   RE: This is not meant to be rude bu... mjames1229 11-20-07 6
   RE: This is not meant to be rude bu... Earl Colby Pottinger 11-20-07 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-19-07, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: This is not meant to be rude but..."
I was thinking the same thing. Just like North America (Canada mostly for me) there are swamps, deserts, mountains, plains, forests, jungle (yes Canada has rain forests in BC), grass plains and every thing else. How can growing up in one location prepare for the full range that an entire continent includes?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-19-07, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This is not meant to be rude but..."
I agree with your take on that hubris, Starshine. I wonder if they call themselves African-Americans or Ethiopian-Americans?

But Instanbul is on the European side of the Bosporous.

whichever subgroup gets you a more profitable minority victimhood class designation, I'd guess

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-20-07, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: This is not meant to be rude but..."
Agree, Starshine. It made me wonder if they actually knew where they were going.

Kamio 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-20-07, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kamio Click to send private message to Kamio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: This is not meant to be rude but..."
Wow. This is a nit-picky thread. If you want to get worked-up about an event it this episode, how about the Blondes attitude towards Africa(ns). I didn't see anything wrong with what they said. I would probably say the same thing if I was going to Africa even if it wasn't the country that my family is from.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-20-07, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "WARNING"
Please take a moment to read our community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page. It is not your place to tell other posters what they can and cannot post here, nor is it your place to criticize them for nit-picking. This is a bashers site, after all.

If you have a problem with what someone else posts, then alert the moderators and let us handle it. Otherwise, the acceptable response is no response.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-20-07, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This is not meant to be rude but..."
Y'know, at least they were excited about going to Africa, rather than Barbie and Other Barbie, who did nothing but complain. Sure, maybe Whatzitsname isn't exactly close to Ethiopia, but if someone from, say, Seattle went abroad for many years and got the chance to vacation in, say, Miami, it might be just a bit exciting for them.

OK, maybe not, but still...I'd rather listen to them blather on about their African heritage than listen to the Barbie Girls blather on about how horrible Africa is, as if everyone there loves living in abject squalor for some reason. Sheesh.

mjames1229 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-20-07, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mjames1229 Click to send private message to mjames1229 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This is not meant to be rude but..."
I am actually tired of the yearly "Ugly American" thread. There is always one in each group (or maybe more than one, but it is edited as if there is only one).

I think calling players out on BS statements is more appropriate as a thread.

With that said, I also mentioned this comment about feeling comfortable in Africa to the wife as we were watching it. Ethiopia and western Africa may or may not have much in common other than blacks and Africa.

We are in Milwaukee, and I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable in Harlem, or the coal mining towns in West Virginia (I'm thinking of the scene in Deliverance), or in an anonymous desert town in the west with locals "that don't take too kindly to strangers", or on a lonely Mexican road with nobody in eyesight, or etc., etc.

Just because I may return to my continent of birth does not make me comfortable being there. Hell, I get uncomfortable at my local shopping mall sometimes.

I think Hank/Azaria's statement is as ignorant as anything else I've heard in this series.

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-20-07, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: This is not meant to be rude but..."
Plus we already knew these girls were shallow. After all, these are the ones complaining about no facials on the second leg of the race.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •