The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"*click*"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-20-11, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"*click*"
Post here if two approaching hours of country, ballads, and country ballads talked you out of watching the final performance show.

When there's a small movement at VFTW to just skip the whole thing, I really think we're looking at a regional ratings crash.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: *click* Max Headroom 05-20-11 1
 RE: *click* grit 05-20-11 2
 RE: *click* zazzy 05-20-11 3
   RE: *click* Estee 05-20-11 8
       RE: *click* zazzy 05-20-11 12
   RE: *click* cahaya 05-21-11 19
 RE: *click* arkiegrl 05-20-11 4
 RE: *click* Estee 05-20-11 5
 RE: *click* Corvis 05-20-11 6
 RE: *click* TWoman 05-20-11 7
 *click* moonbaby 05-20-11 9
 RE: *click* csnumber23 05-20-11 10
   RE: *click* csnumber23 05-20-11 11
 RE: *click* zombiebaby 05-20-11 13
 RE: *click* Loree 05-20-11 14
   RE: *click* vince3 05-21-11 15
       RE: *click* Tummy 05-21-11 16
 RE: *click* Snidget 05-21-11 17
   RE: *click* Estee 05-21-11 18
       RE: *click* Snidget 05-21-11 20
 RE: *click* Maroonclown 05-21-11 21
 Whole lot of *click*ing going on. Estee 05-26-11 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-11, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: *click*"
Thank you, American Idol, for giving me three hours of my life back next week. I'm sure I can find something more interesting to watch during the two final-week episodes. Watching a turned-off TV would be more interesting than watching Scotty and Lauren.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-20-11, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: *click*"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-11 AT 08:41 AM (EST)

This is going to make my life so much easier. Now I can watch The Biggest Loser's live finale without worry.

My only problem will be if my husband decides he still needs to watch AI. I doubt he will. He hasn't been too invested in this season and he loved Haley. I think he'll support me in my boycott.

Chocolately deliciousness by agman

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-20-11, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: *click*"
It was easy to miss this week's shows.

A few things I wonder about next week:

--how long is the F2 show? There's just the two left.

--2 or 3 songs each next week?

--what will Lauren wear? No surprises w/Scotty. Something plaid, then something solid.

--how well will Lauren do? Is what she's done so far all the better she can do for now? (not 2 years down the road after the AI concert tour and an album that will need to be supported).

Remember J Los comment to Lauren at top 4? We want to see you in the finals with the confetti coming down around you.

OTOH, Scotty is the one Nigel pimped before the season even started. I read he was on the View. Maybe I can find a link.

So, maybe I'll watch, to see how the agenda plays out. 2 hours of country isn't my thing, though.

Next week's results night? Yes. To see Pia and James!

05-20-11, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: *click*"
TV Guide claims one hour for the performance, but I'll believe that when I read the accounts of how it failed afterwards. I'll guess three song each just to make that fail more epic, plus three minutes per song for tongue bathing.

Based on prior experience, Lauren has about a 93% chance of wearing something completely unhelpful, plus really big earrings.

Lauren will do better than any contestant in the history of the show. In her head. And then she'll win. Also in her head. And then her mother may start killing people until the results are adjusted to suit, but that'll be in reality. (Optionally, Really Big Lawsuit.)

Agenda-wise, Lauren is the one who can be helped more by AutoTune into a spectacular crash-and-burn when she tries to make the leap into a multi-genre singer. In that sense, she might be slightly more valuable in the short term. Long-term, Scotty might be the more solid investment -- but see the DJ concerns on the Worster thread.

I feel Scotty should be the Agenda's favorite here -- but the show is going to need a female winner very soon. Getting a credible one under the current voting trends may be impossible.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-20-11, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: *click*"
As for those DJ concerns....eh.

There is some backlash in the Country music community for stars coming from AI. Look at how Carrie was received when she started winning so many awards. Remember Faith Hill being caught on camera backstage when Carrie was announced as the winner of artist of the year or something? There's a didn't-pay-the-dues-or -do-it-the-hard-way issue.

AI gives the contestants huge brand name recognition that anyone trying to break into the music industry would love to have. $ spent on and AI contestants album is money that isn't spent on some non AI person. They've absorbed many from AI, Bucky, Josh, Carrie, Danny G, Kellie P, Bo Bice, etc.

Anyway, I take those DJ comments with a grain of salt because when the payola comes along with the new release they will be singing a different tune. If Scotty gets good material, betcha you will find spins on the stations those DJ's represent.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-11, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: *click*"
Next week's results night? Yes. To see Pia and James!

Yes, James singing to Tyler's playing is something I definitely don't want to miss.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-11, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: *click*"
I was going to miss it anyway, but now I won't care.

05-20-11, 10:11 AM (EST)
5. "RE: *click*"
Just finished arranging a movie outing. I'm sure AMC will be very happy.

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-20-11, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: *click*"
Worst final 2 ever.

I won't be watching any of it.

TWoman 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-20-11, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TWoman Click to send private message to TWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: *click*"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-11 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

Scotty in the final? Fine. Lauren in the final? Meh. Scotty AND Lauren in the final - check please.

Scotty needed to be balanced by someone with more interest and more range. James, Casey, Haley. Hell, even Paul would have made it more interesting.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-11, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "*click*"
Haven't watched for weeks and the only thing I've missed is the funny running commentary in the ECST. None of those three make me want to tune in.

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-20-11, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: *click*"
I have DVR'd and watched every episode the last 3 seasons and this was my favorite season by far up until last week. Now I will not be watching. I have to wonder with others if they even counted the votes this week?

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-20-11, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: *click*"
Let me just add, it was my favorite season because of the contestants, certainly not because of the pathetic judges!! I can't wait to see Simon's show!

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-11, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: *click*"
Victorious on Nickelodeon has edgier and more interesting singers.

You've been hotpocketed!
Bobbled by TRibe!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-11, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: *click*"
Why are they moving to Tuesday instead of Wednesday?

I don't care. I am not watching Tuesday or Wednesday.

I am watching the DWTS finale and The Voice on Tuesday.

I am happy to "click" off AI next week. Scotty and his silly facial looks with the eyebrows can just go away. And Lauren is just boring. She will cry if she wins and cry if she loses.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-11, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: *click*"
So You Think You Can Dance premieres on Thursday, presumably for 2 hours...

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-21-11, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: *click*"
Yay!

Floating my cares away with Agman - 2011

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-11, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: *click*"
Should I just do the ECST now generically rather than wait to see if anyone shows up (and so if I don't want to I don't have to?)

Intro
Scotty1-Slow Low-Voiced Country Song--GreatWay2Start,INTWI
Lauren1-Uptempo Country Song--Very Mild Critique (Good-notGreat)
Scotty2-Uptempo Previously Sung Song. INTWI,Tonguebath
Lauren2-Slow Countified Ballad--Redeemed,Confetti,A-meh-zing.
Scotty3-Deep Fried Countrified Winners Song--Scotty's2lose.
Lauren3-Chicken Fried Winners Song with Gravy--How will America choose???!?!?!?!?

05-21-11, 05:34 PM (EST)
18. "RE: *click*"
You forgot the part where Steven wasn't wearing any pants.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-11, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: *click*"
I thought that was adequately implied.

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-11, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: *click*"
I shall be the lone voice here, aparrently.

I have reviewed (on youtube) the videos of Kenny and Dolly from 1985/86 concert, which I saw in Halifax, in the round, and am in full ready-to-go countrymode.

That little Hotty Scotty will be entertaining me on Wednesday and everyone else (Steve Tyler et al) will be putting on a kick-##### show on Thursday.

If you need a commentator - count me in.

05-26-11, 08:42 AM (EST)
22. "Whole lot of *click*ing going on."
The Tuesday performance show was beaten out by DWTS. Not by much -- 21m to 20m -- but still a loss.

Which really brings up the question of regional ratings.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •