URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3117
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"*click*"

Posted by Estee on 05-20-11 at 07:22 AM
Post here if two approaching hours of country, ballads, and country ballads talked you out of watching the final performance show.

When there's a small movement at VFTW to just skip the whole thing, I really think we're looking at a regional ratings crash.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: *click*"
Posted by Max Headroom on 05-20-11 at 08:31 AM
Thank you, American Idol, for giving me three hours of my life back next week. I'm sure I can find something more interesting to watch during the two final-week episodes. Watching a turned-off TV would be more interesting than watching Scotty and Lauren.

Posted by grit on 05-20-11 at 08:41 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-11 AT 08:41 AM (EST)

This is going to make my life so much easier. Now I can watch The Biggest Loser's live finale without worry.

My only problem will be if my husband decides he still needs to watch AI. I doubt he will. He hasn't been too invested in this season and he loved Haley. I think he'll support me in my boycott.

Chocolately deliciousness by agman

Posted by zazzy on 05-20-11 at 08:55 AM
It was easy to miss this week's shows.

A few things I wonder about next week:

--how long is the F2 show? There's just the two left.

--2 or 3 songs each next week?

--what will Lauren wear? No surprises w/Scotty. Something plaid, then something solid.

--how well will Lauren do? Is what she's done so far all the better she can do for now? (not 2 years down the road after the AI concert tour and an album that will need to be supported).

Remember J Los comment to Lauren at top 4? We want to see you in the finals with the confetti coming down around you.

OTOH, Scotty is the one Nigel pimped before the season even started. I read he was on the View. Maybe I can find a link.

So, maybe I'll watch, to see how the agenda plays out. 2 hours of country isn't my thing, though.

Next week's results night? Yes. To see Pia and James!

Posted by Estee on 05-20-11 at 11:46 AM
TV Guide claims one hour for the performance, but I'll believe that when I read the accounts of how it failed afterwards. I'll guess three song each just to make that fail more epic, plus three minutes per song for tongue bathing.

Based on prior experience, Lauren has about a 93% chance of wearing something completely unhelpful, plus really big earrings.

Lauren will do better than any contestant in the history of the show. In her head. And then she'll win. Also in her head. And then her mother may start killing people until the results are adjusted to suit, but that'll be in reality. (Optionally, Really Big Lawsuit.)

Agenda-wise, Lauren is the one who can be helped more by AutoTune into a spectacular crash-and-burn when she tries to make the leap into a multi-genre singer. In that sense, she might be slightly more valuable in the short term. Long-term, Scotty might be the more solid investment -- but see the DJ concerns on the Worster thread.

I feel Scotty should be the Agenda's favorite here -- but the show is going to need a female winner very soon. Getting a credible one under the current voting trends may be impossible.

Posted by zazzy on 05-20-11 at 07:46 PM
As for those DJ concerns....eh.

There is some backlash in the Country music community for stars coming from AI. Look at how Carrie was received when she started winning so many awards. Remember Faith Hill being caught on camera backstage when Carrie was announced as the winner of artist of the year or something? There's a didn't-pay-the-dues-or -do-it-the-hard-way issue.

AI gives the contestants huge brand name recognition that anyone trying to break into the music industry would love to have. $ spent on and AI contestants album is money that isn't spent on some non AI person. They've absorbed many from AI, Bucky, Josh, Carrie, Danny G, Kellie P, Bo Bice, etc.

Anyway, I take those DJ comments with a grain of salt because when the payola comes along with the new release they will be singing a different tune. If Scotty gets good material, betcha you will find spins on the stations those DJ's represent.

Posted by cahaya on 05-21-11 at 07:14 PM
Next week's results night? Yes. To see Pia and James!

Yes, James singing to Tyler's playing is something I definitely don't want to miss.

Posted by arkiegrl on 05-20-11 at 09:25 AM
I was going to miss it anyway, but now I won't care.

Posted by Estee on 05-20-11 at 10:11 AM
Just finished arranging a movie outing. I'm sure AMC will be very happy.

Posted by Corvis on 05-20-11 at 10:15 AM
Worst final 2 ever.

I won't be watching any of it.

Posted by TWoman on 05-20-11 at 11:21 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-11 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

Scotty in the final? Fine. Lauren in the final? Meh. Scotty AND Lauren in the final - check please.

Scotty needed to be balanced by someone with more interest and more range. James, Casey, Haley. Hell, even Paul would have made it more interesting.

"*click*"
Posted by moonbaby on 05-20-11 at 11:47 AM
Haven't watched for weeks and the only thing I've missed is the funny running commentary in the ECST. None of those three make me want to tune in.

Posted by csnumber23 on 05-20-11 at 01:39 PM
I have DVR'd and watched every episode the last 3 seasons and this was my favorite season by far up until last week. Now I will not be watching. I have to wonder with others if they even counted the votes this week?

Posted by csnumber23 on 05-20-11 at 01:42 PM
Let me just add, it was my favorite season because of the contestants, certainly not because of the pathetic judges!! I can't wait to see Simon's show!

Posted by zombiebaby on 05-20-11 at 08:09 PM
Victorious on Nickelodeon has edgier and more interesting singers.

You've been hotpocketed!
Bobbled by TRibe!

Posted by Loree on 05-20-11 at 09:59 PM
Why are they moving to Tuesday instead of Wednesday?

I don't care. I am not watching Tuesday or Wednesday.

I am watching the DWTS finale and The Voice on Tuesday.

I am happy to "click" off AI next week. Scotty and his silly facial looks with the eyebrows can just go away. And Lauren is just boring. She will cry if she wins and cry if she loses.

Posted by vince3 on 05-21-11 at 01:06 AM
So You Think You Can Dance premieres on Thursday, presumably for 2 hours...

Posted by Tummy on 05-21-11 at 10:45 AM
Yay!

Floating my cares away with Agman - 2011

Posted by Snidget on 05-21-11 at 05:02 PM
Should I just do the ECST now generically rather than wait to see if anyone shows up (and so if I don't want to I don't have to?)

Intro
Scotty1-Slow Low-Voiced Country Song--GreatWay2Start,INTWI
Lauren1-Uptempo Country Song--Very Mild Critique (Good-notGreat)
Scotty2-Uptempo Previously Sung Song. INTWI,Tonguebath
Lauren2-Slow Countified Ballad--Redeemed,Confetti,A-meh-zing.
Scotty3-Deep Fried Countrified Winners Song--Scotty's2lose.
Lauren3-Chicken Fried Winners Song with Gravy--How will America choose???!?!?!?!?

Posted by Estee on 05-21-11 at 05:34 PM
You forgot the part where Steven wasn't wearing any pants.

Posted by Snidget on 05-21-11 at 07:32 PM
I thought that was adequately implied.

Posted by Maroonclown on 05-21-11 at 11:13 PM
I shall be the lone voice here, aparrently.

I have reviewed (on youtube) the videos of Kenny and Dolly from 1985/86 concert, which I saw in Halifax, in the round, and am in full ready-to-go countrymode.

That little Hotty Scotty will be entertaining me on Wednesday and everyone else (Steve Tyler et al) will be putting on a kick-##### show on Thursday.

If you need a commentator - count me in.

"Whole lot of *click*ing going on."
Posted by Estee on 05-26-11 at 08:42 AM
The Tuesday performance show was beaten out by DWTS. Not by much -- 21m to 20m -- but still a loss.

Which really brings up the question of regional ratings.