The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of Diversity"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-19-12, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of Diversity"
The question we've all asked and secretly know the answer to: Why no diversity in the lead roles?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Bachelor-Producers-Discrimination-Lawsuit-1046202.aspx

Sigs by Bob about chalk dust. Pretty exciting stuff

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of D... Estee 04-19-12 1
 RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of D... Max Headroom 04-19-12 2
   RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of D... mrc 04-19-12 3
       RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of D... byoffer 04-19-12 4
 RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of D... Ants 04-20-12 5
 RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of D... CSHS79 05-16-12 6
   RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of D... Round Robin 05-17-12 7
   RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of D... Ants 05-17-12 8
       RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of D... Round Robin 05-18-12 9
 Coverage increasing. Estee 05-22-12 10
 RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of D... DoinTomCruiseDance 05-25-12 11
   RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of D... Round Robin 05-26-12 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-12, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of Diversity"
Because in America, only heterosexual Caucasians are allowed to pursue happiness. It's in our laws and everything!

The lawsuit may have a point, but as far as actual ground to stand on, it's doomed.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-12, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of Diversity"
*head tilt*
*innocent look*

So what's the answer to the question??

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-12, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of Diversity"
The producerz, de are de razists.lnvw'brvbu

Darn cat--get off the keyboard!

A PATCH of banana skin
IMHO, I think ABC believes that its ratings would go down if there was an Af Am lead or finalist. Another answer might be that the leads get input into their casting choices . . . bwahahahahaha! I almost got that out with a serious face.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-12, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of Diversity"
I think you are right that ABC thinks that their ratings would go down with an AfAm lead. I guess they somewhat control the finanists.

My other thought is that there is a joke in this. One that applies a punchline from same-sex marriages to The Bachelor. Something parallel to "why should heterosexuals caucasians be the only ones to have to go through all the pain of marriage The Bachelor??"

Ants 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-20-12, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of Diversity"
I wondered why they've been getting away with it for so long.

The answer I got, when I asked why Brad's girls were all White, was, "Here we go again." I guess many other people asked the same question. After all, it's so noticeable.

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-16-12, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of Diversity"
This lawsuit was filed by 2 African American men who said they went to a casting call and were ignored by the producers. My question is how aggressive were they in seeking the producers attention? Did they go expecting to be courted?
But the real point is,do they really want to be The Bachelor or do they just want a big payday? As in if the producers settle with them for enough money the lawsuit and their interest in the show will disappear?

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-17-12, 04:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of Diversity"
Of course nobody will admit it, but a non-white lead or finalist would go over about as well as a f@rt in church with most of the viewers, and that's why they never pick one. If they ever do they can kiss a big chunk of their ratings and ad money goodbye.

Ants 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-17-12, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of Diversity"
"But the real point is,do they really want to be The Bachelor or do they just want a big payday? As in if the producers settle with them for enough money the lawsuit and their interest in the show will disappear? "

That's the case with many lawsuits. Some people want justice. Many people just want the cash. Let's see what happens.

05-18-12, 05:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of Diversity"
They may or may not have had some level of interest in being the Bachelor, but lawsuits of this nature are often targeted at picking low hanging fruit, and if the defendants offer enough money to make the risk of losing the lawsuit an iffy proposition, the plaintiffs will often take the money and run, and any principle involved is thrown under the bus.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-12, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Coverage increasing."
This was just being discussed on CNN's headline channel. The question may be whether reality televisions falls under 'creative process' exception laws, e.g. 'I wrote this character believing they looked a certain way, and I'm not reimagining them now'. It very probably doesn't simply because unless you're Big Brother, you aren't a scripted series and aren't casting roles.

The segment decided everyone has the same rights to be subjected to 1950s gender politics designed to end in tragedy for the amusement of the masses. We'll see how the court feels.

Well, they pretty much said exactly that.

DoinTomCruiseDance 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-25-12, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoinTomCruiseDance Click to send private message to DoinTomCruiseDance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of Diversity"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-12 AT 01:01 AM (EST)

Shut up before you end up sounding like a hypocrite!! Blackpeoplemeet.com, Blackdating.com, Afroromance.com, Blackcupid.com, AfricanAmericanpassions.com..All BLACK ONLY dating websites..have anyone of them Whitepeoplemeet--etc.. and it'd surely be picketed against as a Nazi site!!!

Get OVER The BullSh!!! already!!! It's SO Ridiculous!! Especially when it's so obviously Not true!! When it is an actually case--such as it was for those beaten by the LAPD--NO ONE will believe!!! And WHY?? Because you aholes spent your time crying wolf, searching desperately for the mere appearance of what your 'brothers' in LA actually Lived!!! Who's going to believe you when it's Real?? Dildo's stop it already!!! You're NOT helping--you are only hurting. And believe me, there are still brothers hurting/being hurt to this day!! So STOP!!!!

If you're not getting your A$s BEAT & there's nothing stopping you from doing that which you're b!.ching about; SHUT THE F'UP!!!!!!!!

((( It's about Emily; Emily's preferences in a potential mate.. wouldn't that be the reason for the types/colors of guys chosen for the show?? How is that not obvious!?!? )))

05-26-12, 01:56 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Bachelor Lawsuit over Lack of Diversity"
You gotta remember, this lawsuit ain't about the principle of the thing. never has been, never will be. They're in it to extort a settlement from ABC, nothing more and nothing less. The principle of the thing is not what they care about. It has always been about the MONEY, and nothing but the MONEY, and if they can get paid off big, they'll be perfectly happy to throw their fellow blacks under the bus.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •