The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Episode 11: Poi? I'm Hungry!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Belle Book 2330 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-01-11, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Episode 11: Poi? I'm Hungry!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-11 AT 07:18 PM (EST)

Here's the first part of the penultimate episode:

Phil (voice-over): Previously on The Amazing Race, five teams left Kuala Lumpur and took the train all the way to the city-state of Singapore. At the train station, Tammy & Victor came up with a plan to knock Megan & Cheyne out of the Race. (We see Tammy & Victor's conversation.) After completing an obstacle course and heading to the U-Turn, Tammy & Victor chose to U-Turn frontrunners Nat & Kat, forcing the doctors to U-Turn Megan & Cheyne. In the end, Uchenna & Joyce won the leg, while the U-Turn proved to be too much for Megan & Cheyne. Now four teams are left, who will be eliminated tonight?

We see the montage of teams before we hear Phil speak.

Phil: This is Singapore. Founded by the British as a trading colony in 1819, since it won independence it has become one of the world's most prosperous countries. And in the residential hinterlands, Kong Men San Phor Kark See Monastery. Founded in 1920, this monastery was the tenth Pit Stop in a race around the world. Teams arrived here at the end of the last leg for a mandatory rest period. Uchenna & Joyce, who were the first to arrive, will depart at 3 am.

We see Uchenna & Joyce kiss on the mat before opening their clue.

Joyce: "Fly to Rotorua, NEW ZEALAND!"

Phil (voice-over): Teams must head to the airport and fly all the way to Rotorua, known as the thermal wonderland of New Zealand. Once there, teams must make their way to the Government Gardens, where they'll find their next clue.

Uchenna: Let's head to the airport.

As they look for a cab, we hear the married couple do their confessionals.

Joyce: We're thrilled that we made it this far.

Uchenna: But we could still be out of the finals.

Joyce: We need some real good luck to get to the Final 3.

Uchenna: And for one of our competitors to have problems.

As they find a cab and head to the airport, we see the next team on the mat at 3:05 am.

Jen: "Fly to Rotorua, New Zealand."

Kisha: Let's go to the airport, sis.

The sisters do their confessionals as they leave the Pit Stop.

Jen: I'm happy that we made it this far.

Kisha: But we made it this far once before.

Jen: And we failed to make it to the finals then.

Kisha: We can't have that happen a second time!

They grab a taxi and head off. We then see the third team on the mat at 3:15 am.

Tammy: We're heading to New Zealand!

Victor: We haven't been there before!

Tammy (confessional): We're happy that we got this far.

Victor (confessional): But we have to make the finals.

Tammy: And if we do, we want to win yet again.

Victor: Hopefully, we can be two-time winners!

They grab a taxi and are on their way to the airport. We then see Uchenna & Joyce arrive at the airport. They hit the phones and learn the news:

Uchenna: The earliest flight leaves at 9:30 am and arrives in Rotorua at 9:30 tomorrow morning.

Joyce: It's a Singapore Airlines flight which transfers to Air New Zealand in Perth, Australia.

Uchenna: And then transfers to another ANZ flight in Auckland.

Joyce: Let's reserve our tickets on that flight then, dearest.

As they reserve their tickets, we see the last team on the mat. It's 3:45 am.

Nat: "You have $200 for this leg of the race."

Kat: We're going to New Zealand, Natty! Wow!

The doctors do their confessional as they head out.

Nat: We weren't happy to be U-Turned, but hopefully we can get back in the race.

Kat: If we can catch up to the others at the airport, we might make the finals.

The doctors manage to grab a taxi.

Nat: May we please borrow your cell phone, sir?

Kat: We need to call a travel agency right away.

As the taxi driver lends them his cell phone, we see Kisha & Jen arrive at the airport and learn about the earliest flight.

Jen: How many seats are available?

Ticket Agent: There are 12 seats left on the Singapore Airlines flight and the first Air New Zealand one, while the second one is half-full.

Kisha: We'll take two tickets, then.

Jen: Nat & Kat will probably get on that flight.

Kisha: Yeah. But that's Tammy & Victor's problem.

We then see Nat & Kat finding out about the flight plan.

Nat: Can you get us two tickets on the Singapore Airlines flight, please?

Kat: And then two tickets on both Air New Zealand flights? You can? Thanks!

Then we see Tammy & Victor arrive at the airport and learn:

Tammy: We can get on the Singapore Airlines flight that leaves at 9:30 am?

Victor: And then on both Air New Zealand flights? We'll take two tickets.

Nat & Kat arrive at the airport to get their tickets. Tammy & Victor spot them and head on over.

Tammy: I hope you're not mad that we U-Turned you.

Nat: Not really. We know why you did it.

Victor: Yeah, we really wanted Megan & Cheyne gone.

Kat: And you got your wish. They're gone.

Shortly before 9:30 am, all four teams board the Singapore Airlines flight. It takes off at 9:30 am with all four teams safely aboard.

Phil: All four teams are on their way to Rotorua via Perth, Australia and Auckland, New Zealand.

Okay, I'm done with the first part. Now I have a question for you to answer. The Roadblock for this leg involves taking part in a Maori performance art known as poi, where a ball or balls suspended from a length of flexible material, usually a plaited cord, are held in the hand and swung in circular patterns. But most people know poi as the Polynesian staple food. So I want you to tell me who says the title quote. I'll take votes until tomorrow night and the person with the most votes will say the title quote.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Estee 07-01-11 1
   RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Belle Book 07-02-11 3
       RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Estee 07-02-11 4
 RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... vince3 07-01-11 2
 RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Belle Book 07-02-11 5
   RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... vince3 07-02-11 6
 RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Belle Book 07-03-11 7
   RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Estee 07-04-11 8
   RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... vince3 07-04-11 9
       RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Belle Book 07-04-11 10
 RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Belle Book 07-04-11 11
 RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Belle Book 07-05-11 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 46784 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-01-11, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Episode 11: Poi? I'm Hungry!"
I predict Victor, who doesn't know as much as he believes he does, pulls this one off.

I also predict at least one person gets themselves in the ribs.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-02-11, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Episode 11: Poi? I'm Hungry!"
You're probably right about someone getting themselves in the ribs. Who do you think is most likely to be the victim (or victims) in that case?

07-02-11, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Episode 11: Poi? I'm Hungry!"
Daily double: Victor (who brought it on himself) and Nat.

vince3 17148 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-11, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Episode 11: Poi? I'm Hungry!"
Victor

07-02-11, 08:36 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Episode 11: Poi? I'm Hungry!"
Well, we have a majority of the votes, so I'll post the next part right now:

At 9:30 the next morning, an Air New Zealand plane touches down in Rotorua. Nat & Kat are the first off the plane, followed by Kisha & Jen, Tammy & Victor and Uchenna & Joyce. All four race through the airport, getting outside and finding four marked cars. Kisha & Jen get in the first one and drive off.

Kisha: This map isn't very good.

Jen: We'd better get directions.

Nat & Kat are the next ones out. They get into their car and drive off.

Nat: Luckily we've got a good map.

Kat: And some help on the plane.

Tammy & Victor and Uchenna & Joyce are the last ones to reach their cars and drive off.

Victor: Do you know where we should go?

Tammy: Yeah. A passenger helped us out!

Uchenna: Let's follow Tammy & Victor.

Joyce: Assuming they know where to go.

We see them driving off. We see Kisha & Jen asking a local on Te Negae Road if they're going in the right direction.

First Local: Yeah. You're going in the right direction. You need further directions?

Kisha: We sure do!

Jen: We're lucky.

We then cut to Government Gardens Park. A car pulls up and the team inside it runs into the park, where they find the clue box.

Nat: "Now make your way to Te Puia."

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now drive themselves to Te Puia, home of the Whakarewarewa Valley of geothermal activity and a Maori attraction. It is here that teams will find their next clue.

Kat: Let's ask a local for directions.

They get a local to confirm where they're supposed to go and as they drive off, we see two teams arrive at about the same time. They find the clue box.

Tammy: "Now make your way to Te Puia."

Joyce: We're going to Te Puia! Wow!

Victor: I hope that it's on the map.

Uchenna: Let's follow Tammy & Victor.

Tammy & Victor find the place on the map and leave, followed by Uchenna & Joyce. Meanwhile, the last team has arrived and found the clue box.

Kisha: "Now make your way to Te Puia."

They approach another local.

Jen: Can you help us get to Te Puia?

Second Local: Sure. Head southeast towards Queens Drive, then turn right. Go through 1 traffic circle, then turn right onto Eurera Street before taking the second left at Fenton Street. Follow Fenton Street until you take the first exit onto Sala Street. Then, turn right onto Forest Research Village Road. You can't miss it!

*rattlesnake sound*

Kisha & Jen thank the local and drive off, unaware they were given bad directions. Meanwhile, we cut to Te Puia, where the first team arrives and finds the clue box.

Nat: It's a Roadblock!

Phil: In this Roadblock, both teammates will take part in the traditional welcome and head into the ancestral meeting house, where they will both take part in a ceremonial greeting. Then, one person from each team will perform a traditional Maori art which involves in which a ball or balls suspended from a length of flexible material, usually a plaited cord, are held in the hand and swung in circular patterns. Once they are done a routine like the one that will be shown to them, a performer will give them their next clue. What the teams don't know is that although the clue mentions the word poi, the word can refer to both the Polynesian staple food and the Maori performance art!

Kat: You do it, Natty.

As they head over to the ancestral meeting house, we see the doctors do confessionals.

Nat: The clue was, "Who likes poi?" We thought it referred to the Polynesian food.

Kat: That's why I insisted Nat do it. But instead, it was a Maori performance art!

We see the doctors go through the traditional welcome and enter the ancestral house just as we see the next two teams arrive.

Tammy: Roadblock! "Who likes poi?"

Victor: Poi? I'm hungry! My turn!

Joyce: It's a Roadblock.

Uchenna: I'll do it, dear.

Tammy: Poi is also a Maori performance art?

Victor: You learn something new every day.

Uchenna: This is surprising!

Joyce: Just don't hurt yourself.

We see Nat & Kat going through the ceremonial greeting and then they are shown a traditional poi performance. Tammy & Victor and Uchenna & Joyce also go through the traditional welcome and greeting and are each shown a different poi performance. Once Nat & Kat see the performance all the way through, Nat goes up to do the performance. She is handed two plaited cords, each with a rolled-up sock filled with soft toys as the "ball". She begins to do the moves in the routine, while Kat encourages her. We then cut back outside, where the last team arrives.

Kisha: Roadblock! "Who likes poi?"

Jen: I think you should do this one.

They approach the ancestral house as we cut back inside. Nat is doing some real nice moves that resemble flowers while we see the performers for Uchenna & Victor finish their routines. Both Victor and Uchenna get up to begin their routines as we cut back to see Kisha & Jen heading inside to do the ceremonial greeting before getting a fourth performer. As Kisha & Jen watch their performer, we see Nat is nearing the end of her routine, while both Uchenna is doing weaves (what his performer was doing) and Victor is doing wraps (what his performer was doing). But suddenly:

Victor: Ouch! I got myself in the ribs!

Tammy: Yikes! I sure hope he'll be okay!

Okay, I'm going to end this section here. I want you to decide which team will be the first team to get into the finals. I'll take votes until tomorrow night and the team with the most votes will finish first.

07-02-11, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Episode 11: Poi? I'm Hungry!"
Keisha/Jen punch their ticket into the finals by not getting their ticket punched by the Poi ceremony...

07-03-11, 08:46 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Episode 11: Poi? I'm Hungry!"
Well, right now, Kisha & Jen have one vote to be the first team to make it into the finals. If Estee doesn't vote for someone else, then they'll win the leg. But here is the next part:

We see Victor hit himself in the ribs after doing an ill-timed wrap maneuver. A second later, Nat gasps after one of the cords slips out of her hands during her final maneuver and the ball gets her in the ribs as well. Luckily it was only the ball and not the cord (as it was for Victor).

Tammy: Are you okay, Victor?

Victor: I think so. Ye-owch!

Kat: Are you okay, Natty?

Nat: Yeah. But I'll rest.

Meanwhile, Kisha is ready to do some butterfly moves and she begins her routine. Uchenna is struggling to do his routine and Victor is resting from the poke to the ribs he got. However, Nat gets up and does her final maneuver -- perfectly this time. She looks at the performer, who hands over a clue envelope! Nat & Kat cheer and Kat hugs Nat gingerly while they read their clue.

Kat: "Drive yourselves to Skyline Skyrides."

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now drive themselves to Skyline Skyrides, on the outskirts of town. Once there, teams must take the gondola all the way up to the top of the mountain, where they'll find their next cluel

Nat: Not another ride up a gondola! Let's go.

The doctors leave. Kisha is making great progress with the poi routine, while Uchenna is now getting the hang of it and Victor is still resting. Finally, Victor gets up to complete his routine and he & Kisha finish their routines at about the same time, receiving their clue envelopes.

Victor: "Drive yourselves to Skyline Skyrides."

Tammy: I'll drive this time. You just rest.

Jen: "Drive yourselves to Skyline Skyrides."

Kisha: Let's get going! We're not in last!

As they leave, Uchenna finishes his routine and he gets his clue as well.

Joyce: "Drive yourselves to Skyline Skyrides."

Uchenna: Let's get going, dear. We're last!

The married couple rushes out. We then see a car arrive at Skyline Skyrides. Nat & Kat rush to the gondola area and grab the first gondola they can find.

Kat: At least we're on the gondola, Natty.

Nat: Yeah. I hope we have no tasks there.

At the top of the mountain, Nat & Kat found the clue box.

Kat: "Drive yourselves to Okere Falls."

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now drive themselves to Okere Falls, which boasts of some of the most spectacular white-water challenges to the intrepid traveller. It is here that teams will find their next clue.

Nat: Good. We're going back down now!

As they take the trip down, we see two cars park at about the same time. Both teams rush out to take a gondola but barely miss the first one. As they're waiting, a fourth car arrives. The two that were waiting manage to grab the gondola that Nat & Kat were on, and:

Uchenna: WAIT! WAIT!

But the gondola takes off without them.

Joyce: Damnit! Damn!

Tammy: Hopefully we won't be in last.

Victor: Only if something else happens.

Jen: We'll be just fine, sis.

Kisha: Yeah, we're not last.

Uchenna & Joyce grab a third gondola and ride it up. Meanwhile the teams on the second gondola disembark and find the cluebox.

Tammy: "Drive yourselves to Okere Falls."

Victor: Let's go, sis! We're not safe!

Jen: "Drive yourselves to Okere Falls."

Kisha: We're returning to the gondola.

They both jog back down, passing by Uchenna & Joyce on the way back to the gondola.

Joyce: "Drive yourselves to Okere Falls."

Uchenna: We're returning to the gondola.

They return to the gondola but can't make the same one that the other two teams got, so they have to get a different one. Once the teams are back on solid ground, the teams get into their cars and drive off.

Some time later, we see a car pull up on the road where Okere Falls was. The team gets out and finds the clue box.

Nat: Detour! Walk or Water?

Phil: In this Detour, teams have a chance to see the sights of Okere Falls. The choice: Walk or Water. In Walk, teams make a 6 kilometer, or 4 mile, walk through the forest to their next clue. In Water, teams will go get two kayaks and while they're accompanied by expert kayakers, will travel down the water to their next clue.

Kat: I think Water is quicker.

The doctors go and find two kayaks, along with two expert kayakers. Nat gets in one kayak while Kat gets in the other. They help the kayakers get the kayaks into the water and then they take off. As Nat & Kat are travelling down the river to their next destination, we see two cars arrive at about the same time. Both teams find their next clue.

Jen: Detour! Walk or Water?

Kisha: We're going for Water.

Tammy: Detour! Walk or Water?

Victor: Water sounds quicker.

The teams also get into their kayaks and take off as wee see the fourth team arrive.

Joyce: Detour! Walk or Water?

Uchenna: I think we'll do Water.

As they get their kayak into the water, we see Nat & Kat are going very fast down the water. Suddenly, a wave hits both kayaks -- and topples them over!

Okay, I'm ending it here. Now I want you to decide which team will not make the finals -- and since Nat & Kat are so far ahead, it's probably going to be a choice between Tammy & Victor and Uchenna & Joyce. I'll take votes until tomorrow night and the team with the most votes will not make the finals.

07-04-11, 04:42 AM (EST)
8. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Episode 11: Poi? I'm Hungry!"
Victory swamps out and Tammy hauls his bruised, waterlogged, and possibly weeping corpus across the mat.

07-04-11, 05:02 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Episode 11: Poi? I'm Hungry!"
Karma payback: Victor takes even more lumps down the rapids, more than any other Racer... and needs to be carted to the Finish Mat to get the news of being eliminated.

07-04-11, 11:37 AM (EST)
10. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Episode 11: Poi? I'm Hungry!"
I love the idea of seeing Victor needing to be carted to the Finish Mat to get the news of being eliminated! I also like Estee's image of Tammy hauling Victor's bruised, waterlogged, and possibly weeping corpus across the mat after he swamps out! You guys come up with some great ideas that make me die of laughter!

07-04-11, 07:03 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Episode 11: Poi? I'm Hungry!"
Okay, we have a winner for the leg -- and we have a unanimous vote for the last team Philiminated, so here is the next part:

Nat & Kat, together with their kayak partners, manage to get the kayaks upright quickly. As they do so, we hear confessionals.

Nat: That was a somewhat scary moment for us!

Kat: At least we were wearing our life vests.

The doctors are on their way again, as we cut back to the other three teams. Kisha & Jen are way out in front, thanks to their athleticism. Tammy & Victor are second but Victor is trying desperately to catch up to Kisha & Jen.

Tammy: You can't catch up, Victor!

Victor: Maybe we'll get real lucky.

Unfortunately, he tries so hard to catch up that he winds up tipping his kayak over!

Tammy: VICTOR! You okay?

After a bit, Victor and his fellow kayaker come up.

Victor: I'm okay now, sis.

As he & his fellow kayaker try to right their kayak, Uchenna & Joyce (along with their kayakers) pass Tammy & Victor. Once the kayak is righted, the siblings are on their way again. Further down the river, Nat & Kat are nearing the end of the route. The water is a bit calmer now. Finally, they reach the end. They help the other kayakers pull the kayaks up before rushing up towards the clue box.

Nat: "Make your way to the next PIT STOP!"

Phil: Teams must now head on over to Lake Rotorua, which gave its name to the city of Rotorua. Once there, teams must take a boat to the center of the lake and reach Mokoia Island. This island is the Pit Stop for this leg of the Race. The last team to check in here will be eliminated.

Kat: We'd better find out how to get there.

They ask their kayakers for the best location on Lake Rotorua to get a boat to the center of Mokoia Island. As they do so, we see Kisha & Jen arrive and find the clue box.

Jen: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop."

Kisha: "Mokoia Island on Lake Rotorua."

Jen: I see Nat & Kat leaving.

Kisha: Well, let's follow them.

And so the sisters follow the doctors up to their cars and then away from the falls. We cut back to the remaining two teams.

Joyce: Wow! This is awesome!

Uchenna: I'm loving the ride.

Meanwhile, Tammy & Victor are trying to catch up, but Victor wipes out once again!

Tammy: Victor! You're trying too hard!

Victor (sheepishly): Maybe you're right.

This causes them to waste more time and ensures that Uchenna & Joyce reach the clue box first.

Joyce: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop."

Uchenna: "Mokoia Island on Lake Rotorua."

The married couple is soon on their way. Finally, a waterlogged Victor and Tammy reach the clue box.

Tammy: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop: Mokoia Island on Lake Rotorua."

Victor: "Warning: the last team to check in WILL BE ELIMINATED!" Let's go!

The siblings scramble off. We cut back to the first two cars.

Nat: Kisha & Jen are behind us.

Kat: They must've been fast!

Jen: We're near the lake.

Kisha: And I'm so excited!

The cars pull up near the lake and the two all-female teams rush to two of four boats on the shore. Kisha & Jen get to a boat first, followed by Nat & Kat. It's a race to Mokoia Island in the center, but one team gets there and on the mat first:

Native Greeter: Welcome to Rotorua, New Zealand.

Jen: Thank you.

Phil: Kisha & Jen, you are team number one! (Kisha & Jen stare in shock, then they hug as we see Nat & Kat right behind them.) And I have some good news for you. As the winners of this leg of the Race, you have won a trip for two from Travelocity and you will be going to Bora Bora. (Kisha & Jen are stunned while Nat & Kat look slightly envious.) You will be spending seven days and six nights in Sunset Hill, a budget hotel nestled in a Zen garden with a little waterfall. Your bungalow will have a double bedroom in the mezannine and the lounge table can be turned into an auxillary bed. It also includes a kitchen and a bathroom. And you can rent bikes, scooters and motorboats, hike, go scuba diving, and take a tour of the island. And you can enjoy all this after the race.

Kisha: Awesome!

Phil: Nat & Kat, come on up here. (The doctors run and join the sisters on the mat.) Nat & Kat, you are team number two.

Nat: We're thrilled with that.

Phil: And, you are two of the final three teams who will be competing for an extra one million dollars as well as to find out which team is the best of the best!

Kat: We're even more thrilled!

Both teams hug in delight. We then cut back to Uchenna & Joyce and Tammy & Victor.

Uchenna: We're getting there.

Victor: We can't be last! Not now!

Joyce: We're so close! Wow!

Tammy: Calm down, Victor! Be calm!

Then we see a team park their car and follow them all the way across the lake to the island, and then onto the mat.

Phil: Uchennna & Joyce, you are team number three!

Joyce: Team number three?

Phil: That's right. And you will be one of the final three teams that will be competing for another million dollars.

Uchenna: We're in the finals!

The married couple hug and kiss just before we see Tammy & Victor arrive at the lake. They see three cars there.

Victor: We're last! NOOO!!!!

Tammy: Let's just finish now.

They go across the lake, with Victor whining.

Victor: How can we be finished now?

Tammy (sighing): Just calm yourself.

When they reach the mat, Victor is muttering under his breath.

Native Greeter: Welcome to Rotorua, New Zealand.

Tammy (wearily): Thank you.

Phil: Tammy & Victor, you are the last team to arrive.

Victor (angrily): We know.

Phil: I'm sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the Race.

Victor: I'm even sorrier to hear that.

Tammy: But we had a great time anyway.

Victor: We fought hard. We never gave up.

Tammy: But some team has to come in fourth.

Victor: I just wish it was some other team!

Tammy: So do I. But we're still siblings.

We then see them do confessionals.

Victor: I guess I'll feel better eventually.

Tammy: He will. It'll just take some time.

Victor: But for now, I'm just disappointed.

Tammy: So am I. But we still have each other.

They hug as they walk off. We then see the Final 3 doing their confessionals as well.

Jen: We never thought we'd get this far.

Kat: I'm so happy we got to the finals.

Joyce: We're so lucky to be here.

Kisha: But here we are -- in the finals!

Nat: We could be two-time winners now!

Uchenna: I thought we'd be goners.

Jen: We could win back-to-back races!

Kat: We're going to use our brains to win.

Joyce: What we need is luck.

Kisha: We'll win the Race, trust us.

Nat: We're ready to reach the finish line!

Uchenna: So, bring it on now!

Okay, the penultimate Elimination Station will be up tomorrow.

07-05-11, 07:09 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Episode 11: Poi? I'm Hungry!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-11-11 AT 07:01 PM (EST)

Okay, here is the penultimate goings-on with the teams currently at Elimination Station:

It's late in the afternoon at the Birkenhead Manor Guest House. B.J. & Tyler, Chris & Alex, Nick & Starr, Rob & Brennan and TK & Rachel are all back from a day of surfing and swimming when they find a note waiting for them in the lounge.

B.J.: We'll be getting a call pretty soon!

Chris: Ah, another team has been eliminated!

Nick: It's probably Tammy & Victor.

Rob: Or maybe Uchenna & Joyce.

At that point, they hear a phone ring.

TK: I think we're going to find out now.

Tyler gets the phone.

Tammy: Victor's sulking, so I'm talking now.

Tyler: OMG! Tammy & Victor were eliminated.

Starr: Nick was right. It's karma.

Alex: Maybe so. What went wrong with you two?

Tammy: Want me to tell you everything, guys?

Brennan: As long as you're okay.

Tammy: We're physically okay. But our problems began at the Roadblock. The clue said "Who likes poi?"

Rachel: Ah, it was an eating challenge.

Tammy: Victor thought so, that's why he chose it. But in New Zealand, poi also refers to a Maori performance art. You had to take two balls hanging from plaited flexible cords and swing them in circular patterns. Victor got himself in the ribs with the cord at one point!

B.J.: Ouch! Is he okay, Tammy?

Tammy: He has bruised ribs, but otherwise he's physically fine, B.J. Then we went to Okere Falls and chose to do a dual kayak Detour -- only Kisha & Jen had caught up to us and they quickly pulled ahead! Victor tried to catch up and overturned his kayak -- twice!

Alex: Yikes! At least he's okay.

Tammy: Yeah, but that put us so far behind that we had no chance of catching up to Uchenna & Joyce before the Pit Stop.

Nick: And Victor's physically okay?

Tammy: Yeah. He's just really sulking over having gotten so close and losing. Actually, I think he's sulking over having lost, period.

Rob: I hope that he'll get over it.

Tammy: I think he will -- eventually. But now -- he's mad and doesn't want to talk to anyone. You'll be leaving soon, right?

TK: Yeah, we'll be leaving tomorrow, I think.

Tammy: Well, we'll see you at the Finish Line then. Good-bye.

Tammy hangs up and Tyler puts down the phone.

Tyler: So Tammy & Victor are out.

Chris: So which team will win now?

Starr: Kisha & Jen are real athletic.

Brennan: Nat & Kat are frontrunners.

Rachel: Maybe Uchenna & Joyce will win again.

B.J.: That would be a major surprise!

Chris: Yeah, but it's not impossible.

Nick: I think it's Kisha & Jen.

Rob: It's probably Nat & Kat.

TK: Maybe Uchenna & Joyce will surprise us!

At that point, a hotel clerk approaches them.

Clerk: I have some news for you guys. Pack your bags before you go out for dinner, because tonight you'll be on a plane that departs at 8:10 and arrives in the final city at 3:35 pm.

Starr: Tonight? Why is that?

Clerk: Because the Final 3 teams will probably get tickets on a flight that arrives in your final destination city later in the afternoon. You need to arrive at your final destination city in the night in order to be at the Finish Line when the Final 3 teams arrive.

Tyler: Well, in that case, let's get moving!

Alex: Yeah. We'll pack and be ready.

Brennan: I'll miss this place.

Rachel: So will I, but we had fun while it lasted.

The teams pack their belongings before heading out for dinner at 5:30 pm. Once they return, they grab their bags and head out to the airport, where they catch a plane that departs at 8:10 that night.

Okay, this is the last update at Elimination Station, but it's not the last time we'll see the teams that were there -- and we'll see the teams that were eliminated but didn't go straight to Elimination Station as well. The reason for the departure time of the teams at Elimination Station is this: the final destination city is Philadelphia, and the earliest that the Final 3 teams will arrive is after 3:35 pm.

Anyway, I'm not going to begin the final leg until Thursday at the earliest (So You Think You Can Dance is on tomorrow and I'm watching and voting), so until I begin the final leg I have two questions for all the readers, including all those who voted: Which was your favorite part of the race so far? Which part is something that you think I could've improved on?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •