The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Finale: Get Us To The Park On Time!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Belle Book 2334 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-06-11, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Finale: Get Us To The Park On Time!"
I changed my mind. I'm going to begin the first part (the recap of the past season) tonight, but I'll probably skip a day before having the teams fly to Philadelphia. Here's the first part of the finale:

Phil (voice-over): Previously on The Amazing Race (we hear Phil say "Go!"), eleven winning teams left Valley Forge and flew around the world, with four making it to Rotorua, New Zealand. Along the way, teams had taxi trouble (we see B.J. & Tyler's misfortune in Manaus), car trouble (we see Chris & Alex's misfortune at the starting line) and even boat trouble (we see Nat & Kat's kayaks overturn). Some teams were simply unlucky (we see Nick & Starr's problems in Sao Paulo), while others brought their troubles on themselves (we see Victor put unleaded in his & Tammy's car in Granada and watch it conk out). Although the teams were civil to each other, the Double U-Turn did cause some friction between teams (we see Nick & Starr confront Chris & Alex). For all the teams, it was a chance to prove that they were the best of the best. But along the way, eight winning teams lost for the first time.

We see Phil giving the bad news to each of the eliminated teams, along with the reactions of each team.

Phil: Rob & Brennan (the lawyer friends look disappointed) ... B.J. & Tyler (the Hippies look frustrated) ... TK & Rachel (the dating couple look disappointed as well) ... Nick & Starr (the siblings look frustrated as well) ... Chris & Alex (the best friends look shocked) ... Tyler & James (the models look disappointed as well) ... Megan & Cheyne (the newlyweds look resigned) ... Tammy & Victor (Tammy looks resigned while Victor looks mad), you are the last team to arrive. I'm sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the Race.

Tammy: We had a great time anyway.

Phil (voice-over): Married couple Uchenna & Joyce won Season 7 thanks to convincing a pilot to wait long enough for them to board the same flight that Rob & Amber were on, although they failed to win Season 11. (We see Uchenna & Joyce celebrating while they were on the mat.) This time around, they were one of the weakest teams and narrowly avoided elimination several times. But their weakness also ensured that nobody would target them for the U-Turn and thanks to a loose alliance with Nat & Kat, they made it all the way to the Final 3 (we see Uchenna & Joyce celebrate when they learned they were in the Final 3). Nat & Kat won Season 17 by getting out to an early lead and by finding the right people to help them answer a riddle (we see Nat on the cell phone before we see her & Kat celebrate their win). This season, they were always near the front of the pack until Tammy & Victor chose to U-Turn them in a successful attempt to get out another team. (We see Tammy & Victor U-Turn Nat & Kat, then see the doctors U-Turn Megan & Cheyne). Their calm and steady attitude, along with their brains, took them all the way to the Final 3 again. (We see Nat & Kat cheer as they learned they were in the finals.) Kisha & Jen lost Season 14 but came back and settled unfinished business by winning the most recent season thanks to paying attention to details (we see Kisha & Jen celebrating when they won). This season, they had their ups (we see them win a leg in Athens), and their downs (we see their car conk out in Granada). But their athleticism and their teamwork helped them punch their tickets to the finals (we see Kisha & Jen celebrate when they found out they were in the finals as well). Tonight, these three teams will run the final leg to prove who is the best of the best. And one of these three teams will be a two-time winner of The Amazing Race.

Okay, that's it for now. The Final 3 teams will be flying to Philadelphia (along with the decoy teams, but that's another story), which is their final destination city. Coming out of the airport, one of the Final 3 teams will get a taxi cab driver that's an immigrant and doesn't speak much English and this driver will cost that team the race. I want you to decide which of the Final 3 teams will be unlucky enough to get the Curse of the Bad Taxi Cab Driver and finish in 3rd. I'll take votes until Friday night and the team with the most votes will get stuck with the bad taxi cab driver.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... vince3 07-06-11 1
   RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Belle Book 07-07-11 3
 RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Estee 07-07-11 2
 RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Belle Book 07-08-11 4
   RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... vince3 07-08-11 5
   RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Estee 07-09-11 6
 RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Belle Book 07-09-11 7
   RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... vince3 07-09-11 8
       RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Estee 07-10-11 9
       RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Belle Book 07-10-11 10
 RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Belle Book 07-11-11 11
 RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Editi... Belle Book 07-12-11 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17148 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-06-11, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Finale: Get Us To The Park On Time!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-11 AT 10:59 PM (EST)

Uchenna/Joyce, as Karma catches up to them from the Held Plane...

Also, I did like how this season will start and end in Pennsylvania, as I do hope that some day they come through Pittsburgh... whether it's by a story or the real thing...

ETA: and I don't mean passing through, like they did in the Season That Shall Not Be Named did to some extent...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-07-11, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Finale: Get Us To The Park On Time!"
I guess you must live in or near Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, you won't be seeing the Race coming through Pittsburgh in my story, but I hope somebody else has them come through Pittsburgh (and not just passing through, either) either in a different story or in the real show -- for your sake. At least I'm having the show coming through Philadelphia (near where I live) in my story.

Estee 46805 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-11, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Finale: Get Us To The Park On Time!"
Kisha & Jen. And for added insult to injury, their driver will stop to use the bathroom.

07-08-11, 07:32 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Finale: Get Us To The Park On Time!"
Okay, as usual we have a tie and I'm breaking it. Here is the next part:

We see the montage of the teams, including the Final 3 ones. Then we hear Phil.

Phil: This is Rotorua, New Zealand. Located below the lake that gave it its name, it is noted for its geothermal activity and for displays of traditional Maori culture. And in the middle of Lake Rotorua, Mokia Island. This island was the eleventh Pit Stop in a race around the world. Teams arrived here at the end of the last leg for a mandatory rest period. Kisha & Jen, who were the first to arrive, will depart at 5 am.

We see Kisha & Jen on the island. They hug before opening their clue envelope.

Jen: "Fly to your final destination city: PHILADELPHIA!"

We hear the song "Philadelphia Freedom" at this point.

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now head to the airport and fly all the way to their final destination city, Philadelphia. Once there, teams must make their way to Independence Hall in the oldest historical quarter. It is here that teams will find their next clue.

As they leave, we hear them do confessionals.

Kisha: I'm glad that we made the Final 3 twice in a row.

Jen: Let's hope we win twice in a row.

Kisha: And for no bathroom breaks, sis.

We get a reminder of the bathroom incident in Season 14 at this point. A minute later, we see Nat & Kat on the mat.

Nat: "Fly to your final destination city: Philadelphia."

Kat: "Once there, make your way to Independence Hall."

As they leave, we see them do confessionals.

Nat: We're in the final 3 once again.

Kat: But we could easily lose this time!

We see the doctors follow the sisters to the airport. At 5:15 am, we see the final team on the mat.

Joyce: "You have $300 for this leg of the race."

Uchenna: So we're going to Philadelphia, honey.

They get their confessionals as they go to a boat as well.

Joyce: We're the weakest team left in the race.

Uchenna: But anything can happen. We know that.

We are reminded of the time the airplane Rob & Amber were on was delayed long enough to allow Uchenna & Joyce to get on it as the married couple arrives on the shore of Lake Rotorua, get in their car, and drive off. Soon, we see Kisha & Jen and Nat & Kat arrive at the airport.

Nat: So we can get on a flight that leaves for Auckland at 7:05.

Jen: Then we get on a flight that'll take us to Los Angeles.

Kat: And the last flight will arrive in Philadelphia at 4:43 pm.

Kisha: How many seats are available on all three flights?

Ticket Agent: Only 4 on the first flight, but the other two are half-full.

The two all-female teams get reservations on that flight plan as we hear the sisters do confessionals.

Kisha: We're glad to be on the first flight out of Rotorua.

Jen: Even if Uchenna & Joyce catch up to us in Auckland.

We then see Uchenna & Joyce arrive as we hear Nat & Kat do their confessionals as well.

Nat: We're going to dump most of our stuff in Los Angeles.

Kat: We'll only be taking the stuff for Natty's diabetes.

We then see Uchenna & Joyce with the ticket agent.

Joyce: So we'll be taking a flight that leaves here at 9:45 am?

Ticket Agent: Yes. But once there, you can transfer to an American Airlines flight bound for Los Angeles, and then to a flight that'll arrive at 4:43 pm.

Uchenna: Will Kisha & Jen and Nat & Kat be on the other flights?

Ticket Agent: Four women with that name are on the Auckland flight and on the LA one.

Therefore, we see Uchenna & Joyce get reservations on the second flight plan as we see Kisha & Jen and Nat & Kat board the first flight leaving Rotorua. As the plane takes off, we see Uchenna & Joyce do their confessionals.

Joyce: We're looking forward to catching up in Auckland.

Uchenna: But we really need a good break in Philadelphia.

We then see the married couple board the second flight which takes off.

Phil (voice-over): All teams are on their way to Philadelphia via Auckland and Los Angeles.

In Los Angeles, we see the teams disembark and head for the US Airways terminal. Once they get there, we see Kisha & Jen get rid of most of the stuff in their backpacks. Uchenna & Joyce get rid of their backpacks. And Nat & Kat get rid of the stuff in their backpacks that aren't related to Nat's diabetes. The airline people agree to send the stuff that the teams won't be carrying with them to Philadelphia. We then see all three teams board the flight to Philadelphia.

We then see the plane touch down in Philadelphia at 4:43 pm.

Jen: Come on, sis!

Kisha: I'm coming!

Kat: Come on, Natty!

Nat: I'm coming, Kat!

Uchenna: Hurry! We're already behind!

Joyce: I'm coming as fast as possible.

We then cut to the outside of the airport and see Kisha & Jen arrive. They spot a taxi and rush to it, getting inside.

Jen: Take us to Independence Hall, please.

First Taxi Driver (in a heavy Russian accent): Independence Hall?

Kisha: Yeah. You know where that is, right?

First Taxi Driver: Not really. I've only been doing this for two weeks and I've only been in your country a few months.

Jen: Can you call someone who can help us?

First Taxi Driver: Sure.

Kisha: Oh man! This isn't what we need!

We then see Nat & Kat approach a taxi.

Nat: Hello. Do you speak good English?

Second Taxi Driver: Yes.

Kat: We need to go to Independence Hall.

They get in and drive off as we see Uchenna & Joyce get into a third taxi.

Joyce: Independence Hall, please.

Uchenna: As fast as possible, too!

The taxi takes off as we cut to see Kisha & Jen's taxi driver calling for directions to Independence Hall.

Jen: We might need to ditch him soon.

Kisha: Only if we're clearly in last.

As the taxi takes off with the frustrated sisters inside, we see the first two taxis driving on I-95.

Nat: We're going really fast!

Kat: Our driver's doing great!

Joyce: Our driver's doing fine.

Uchenna: That's fortunate, dear.

Soon we cut to Independence Hall. A taxi pulls up and we see a team rush over to a clue box. They open it -- and pull out an envelope and a GPS device. They open the envelope.

Nat: "You're heading to America's oldest theater."

Kat: "Now use this GPS device and walk over there."

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now figure out that they need to go to the Walnut Street Theater, which was founded in 1809. Then they must use the GPS device to locate the latitude and longitude of Independence Hall and then that of Walnut Street Theater before walking there.

Nat: We're going to have to use our brains.

Kat: And get some local help with the clue.

Okay, I'm done with the next part and Kisha & Jen got the bad taxi driver (who's going to take a bathroom break on the way to Independence Hall, worse for them). Now here is my next question. The Final Roadblock will be a memory task which will require them to remember as much as they can about the seasons that the eliminated teams won. Kisha will be doing the final Roadblock for her team, and Kat will be doing it for hers. But either Uchenna or Joyce can do the final Roadblock since they each have done 5 Roadblocks thanks to their doing the Fast-Forward. I want you to decide who will be doing the final Roadblock. I'll take votes until tomorrow night and the one who has the most votes will be doing the final Roadblock.

07-08-11, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Finale: Get Us To The Park On Time!"
Joyce

07-09-11, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Finale: Get Us To The Park On Time!"
Sounds like a task for Joyce -- acting should give her superior memorization skills.

07-09-11, 07:41 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Finale: Get Us To The Park On Time!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-09-11 AT 07:48 PM (EST)

Okay, with a majority of the votes, Joyce will be doing the Roadblock. Here is the next part:

Having found their next clue, Nat & Kat approach a guard.

Nat: Excuse me, sir. What is America's oldest theater?

Guard: That would be the Walnut Street Theater. It's not far from here.

Kat: What's the latitude and longitude of Independence Hall.

Nat: We need it for this GPS device we got.

Guard: The latitude is 39.949136. The longitude is -75.150172.

Kat: Thanks. We're putting it in now.

Nat & Kat activated the GPS unit they had. It had 2 different coordinates that they had to type in. They typed in the one for Independence Hall as we cut over to Kisha & Jen, who are driving down I-95 when the driver pulls over at a gas station.

Jen: Don't tell us the taxi's low on fuel!

Taxi Driver: No. I need to go to the bathroom.

Kisha: WHAT?! Do you have to go now?

Taxi Driver: I'm afraid so.

Jen: We're going to lose because of a bathroom break!

We have a flashback to when Jen had to go to the bathroom in Season 14 and when they were eliminated.

Kisha: Again. As soon as we can, we're dumping him.

We cut back to Nat & Kat, who have found Independence Hall on their GPS. Now they need to find Walnut Street Theater.

Nat: What are the coordinates for Walnut Street Theater?

Guard: They are 39.94843 and -75.155511.

The doctors put the coordinates in as we see a second taxi pull up outside Independence Hall. Uchenna & Joyce get out and run inside as we cut back to Nat & Kat. The GPS screen changes and we see a line which indicates which way they have to go.

Kat: Thanks! We'd better pay our driver before leaving.

As they rush out to pay their driver, we see Uchenna & Joyce arrive at the clue box.

Uchenna: "You're heading to America's oldest theater."

Joyce: "Now use this GPS and walk over there." Whoa!

As they head off to look for the guard, we see Nat & Kat pay their driver before jogging off. We then see Kisha & Jen's driver return from the bathroom and they're on their way again as we cut back to Uchenna & Joyce.

Joyce: What is America's oldest theater?

Guard: It's the Walnut Street Theater. Are you trying to find the coordinates for that and for Independence Hall?

Uchenna: Yes, we are. How did you know?

Guard: Two women asked me the same question. The coordinates for Independence Hall are 39.949136 and -75.150172.

Uchenna & Joyce quickly type it in.

Joyce: What about those for the Walnut Street Theater?

Guard: Those are 39.94843 and -75.155511.

When Uchenna & Joyce type them in, they get the same screen that Nat & Kat did.

Uchenna: Thank you. We'd better pay our driver, Joyce.

They jog back and pay their driver before jogging off. We see Nat & Kat jogging down Walnut Street, keeping up a good pace. We then see Uchenna & Joyce jogging down the street, but they aren't quite as fast. We then cut to Walnut Street Theater and see Nat & Kat arrive. They rush inside and head onto the stage, where they spot three shell-like objects. They pick one up:

Nat: It has pictures of the eliminated teams!

Kat: I think we have to open it, Natty.

Nat: But how?

Kat: I think I know.

She pushes the photo of Rob & Brennan. Nat seems to catch on, and pushes the photo of B.J. & Tyler. Then they push the photos of TK & Rachel, Nick & Starr, Chris & Alex, Tyler & James, Megan & Cheyne and Tammy & Victor. Sure enough, it opens up and there's a clue inside.

Nat: It was a geocache! We did it! Now what?

Kat: "Make your way over to the Italian Market."

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now make their way to the Italian Market, located in South Philly. Once there, one teammate must make a Philly cheesesteak while the other one eats it. Once the team has completed the task, the vendor will give them their next clue.

Nat: You can make the cheesesteak. I'll eat it.

Kat: Yeah, Natty. I'm the vegetarian, not you.

They rush out and try to hail a taxi as we see Kisha & Jen finally arrive at Independence Hall.

Jen: "You're heading to America's oldest theater."

Kisha: "Now use this GPS and walk over there."

Jen: We'll need some help here.

Kisha: Let's find someone to help.

As they head over to ask another guard, we cut back to the Walnut Street Theater, where we see Nat & Kat hail a taxi.

Nat: The Italian Market, please.

Kat: As fast as possible, please.

The taxi takes off as we see Uchenna & Joyce arrive and they run into the theater, where they also find two geocaches (the one Nat & Kat used was taken offstage).

Joyce: Why are there pictures of the eliminated teams?

Uchenna: Maybe we need to use them to open the box.

They start working on it. However:

Joyce: Damnit! It didn't work!

Uchenna: Wait! I have an idea!

He pushes the pictures in the same order as Nat & Kat did and:

Joyce: Yes! You did it! Now where do we go, hubby?

Uchenna: "Make your way over to the Italian Market."

They rush out as we cut back to Independence Hall, where Kisha & Jen have figured out the coordinates to Independence Hall and Walnut Street Theater.

Kisha: We'd better get going, sis!

Jen: But we need to pay our driver.

As they jog off to pay their driver, we see Uchenna & Joyce hail a taxi.

Uchenna: The Italian Market.

Joyce: As fast as possible.

The taxi takes off with the married couple inside. We then cut over to the Italian Market, where Nat & Kat arrive. They head over to a marked stall where cheesesteaks are being made. Kat gets to work making a cheesesteak to the directions of the vendor. Soon, she completes a cheesesteak which she gives to Nat, who begins eating it.

Kat: You can do it, Natty!

We then cut over to Walnut Street. Kisha & Jen are jogging down it, faster than either Nat & Kat or Uchenna & Joyce jogged down it. Finally, they arrive at the Walnut Street Theater and as they jog inside, we cut back to the Italian Market, where Nat finishes the cheesesteak.

Nat: Did we do a good job?

The vendor gives them a clue envelope, which Nat & Kat take.

Kat: "Make your way to Drexel University."

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now make their way to Drexel University. One of Philadelphia's two major universities, it is here that teams will find their next clue.

The doctors head back to their driver.

Nat: We need to go to Drexel University.

The taxi heads off as we see Kisha & Jen have found the last geocache and are puzzling over the photos.

Jen: Oh! I think I got it!

She pushes the photo in the same order as the other two teams and it opens.

Kisha: Yes! You did it, sis!

Jen: "Make your way to the Italian Market."

Kisha: And let's get a better taxi driver.

The sisters rush off as we see Uchenna & Joyce arrive at the Italian Market. Joyce gets to work on making the cheesesteak and once she's done, Uchenna devours it. The vendor hands over the next clue.

Joyce: "Make your way to Drexel University."

Uchenna: We don't have much time! Let's go!

As they return to their taxi and go on their way, we cut to Drexel University. We see a taxi arrive and see Nat & Kat get out and follow a marked path to the clue box.

Nat: Roadblock! "Who can memorize under pressure?"

Phil: This final Roadblock will test the teams' memories of the various seasons of The Amazing Race. In this Roadblock, one member of each team will have to head over to an iMac and use it to answer questions about each season that the previously eliminated teams won. They have to answer each question correctly before moving on to the next one. Once they have answered all eight questions correctly, the winners of the Family Edition of the Amazing Race, the Linz Family, will give them their next clue.

Kat: You did the last one, Natty. I'll do this one.

Nat: Let's hope you can use your notebook.

Kat: I agree. Otherwise -- I'm a goner.

Okay, I'm done this part, and I have one final question (for the Race, at least) for you to answer. The title of the episode is "Get Us To The Park On Time!" It's based on the My Fair Lady song, "Get Me To The Church On Time". I want you to decide which person -- Joyce, Kat, Nat or Uchenna -- says the title quote. The person who says the title quote will be part of the winning team. I'll take votes until tomorrow night and the person with the most votes will say the title quote.

07-09-11, 08:45 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Finale: Get Us To The Park On Time!"
Kat, and it was nice to get the Linz family involved somehow...

07-10-11, 08:59 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Finale: Get Us To The Park On Time!"
Uchenna (who pulls out a hundred coins from a dozen countries and hopes they add up to cabfare).

07-10-11, 03:08 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Finale: Get Us To The Park On Time!"
Well, the Linz Family was one of my favorite winning teams, even if they were on the Family Edition season. They were funny and charming, and besides, any team that didn't like most of the Weaver Family (Rolly was okay) was a team I liked.

07-11-11, 11:58 AM (EST)
11. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Finale: Get Us To The Park On Time!"
Okay, we have a tie (as usual), so I'm going to break it. Here are the results:

We see that Nat & Kat are outside the Rush Building, where the College of Information Science and Technology is located. Inside one of the computer labs, we see the Linz Family. They greet Nat & Kat and lead Kat to an iMac. Kat sits down and the first question comes on the screen: "Which leg did Rob & Brennan win the Fast-Forward?" The answers are "First leg," "Third Leg" and "Seventh Leg". As Kat looks in her notebook, we hear her & Nat do their confessionals.

Nat: When we learned we'd be competing with former winners, we knew we had to do our homework!

Kat: We researched everything about all the seasons that the other winners competed in!

Kat types in "First leg," and she is right. She moves on to the second question, which is "What was B.J. & Tyler's position when they ended the leg where they Yielded Joseph & Monica?" As she looks up the answer, we see Uchenna & Joyce arrive outside Rush Hall and find the clue box.

Uchenna: Roadblock! Who's doing this one?

Joyce: It involves memorization. I'll do it.

They rush in as Kat types in "4th", which is the right answer. As she moves on to the third question, Joyce sits down at a second iMac and begins the task. As the first question comes up for Joyce, the third question comes up for Kat. It is, "What was the Speed Bump TK & Rachel had to complete before they could move on in Taiwan?" Joyce tries to remember what the answer was as we hear her and Uchenna do their confessionals.

Uchenna: We didn't bone up as much as we should have!

Joyce: My notes didn't have a whole lot of detail.

Meanwhile, Kat is looking over her notes. She types in "Run through a barrage of fireworks" as Joyce types in the correct answer to the first question. As both move on, we cut to the Italian Market, where Kisha & Jen have just arrived.

Jen: I'll make the cheesesteak!

Kisha: And I'll be eating it.

As Jen begins making the cheesesteak, we cut back to Drexel, where Joyce is moving on to the second question while Kat is on the fourth: "How old was Starr when she first competed on The Amazing Race?" Kat types in "21", but Joyce types in "3rd" to the second question. She's wrong. As she tries again, Kat moves on to the fifth question: "Which Detour did Chris & Alex complete in Bangkok, Thailand?" As Kat looks it up in her notes, we see Joyce type in the right answer to the second question. She moves on as Kat types in "Confusion Now." She too is correct and moves on.

As Joyce is faced with the question about TK & Rachel and Kat is faced with the question, "What was significant about Tyler & James when they raced in Season 10?" we cut back to the Italian Market, where Jen is busy making the cheesesteak. We then cut back to Drexel, where Joyce types in the right answer to the third question and Kat types in the right answer to the sixth one. Both move on, with Joyce getting the fourth question and Kat getting the seventh one: "Where did Megan & Cheyne have to go in order to win the Fast-Forward?" Kat looks at her notes, as does Joyce. Both type in the right answers and move on.

As Joyce is faced with the question about Chris & Alex and Kat is faced with the final question: "Where were Tammy & Victor when they got horribly lost?" we cut back to the Italian Market, where Jen has finished the cheesesteak and Kisha begins to eat it. As she eats it, we cut back to Drexel, where Joyce types in "Confusion Later," and Kat types in "Romania." Joyce is wrong -- but the yellow and black stripes come up on the screen for Kat, who cheers!

Nat: You did it, Kat! You were awesome!

The doctors rush up to the Linz Family.

Megan Linz: Here is your next clue.

The doctors thank the Linz Family as they open the envelope and read the info.

Kat: "Make your way to the FINISH LINE!"

Phil: Teams must now make their way to Fairmount Park and find the Shofuso, or the Japanese House as Philadelphians informally know it. The garden is the finish line. The first team to cross the finish line will win another million dollars and be considered the best of the best.

Uchenna: Damn! They're already done!

Joyce: And I just missed my question!

Nat & Kat rush out of Rush Hall and find their taxi driver.

Nat: Do you know the fastest way to the Shofuso?

Taxi Driver: Yes. That's in Fairmount Park.

Kat: In that case, get us to the park on time!

The doctors drive off as Joyce gets the fifth question correct and moves on to the sixth one. As she types in that Tyler & James were recovering drug addicts, we see Kisha finish the cheesesteak and see her & Jen receive their next clue.

Jen: "Make your way to Drexel University."

Kisha: Let's go! We're still in it, sis!

The sisters rush out as we see Joyce look in her notebook for the answer to the seventh question. She gets it right and moves on, where she faces the final question. She types in the right answer -- and moves on as well!

Megan Linz: Here is your next clue.

Joyce: "Make your way to the Finish Line!"

Uchenna: "The Shofuso." Let's go, dear!

They rush out and get into their taxi. We then cut to Nat & Kat, who are on their way to the finish line.

Nat: We'll give you all our money.

Kat: Just get us there really fast!

In Uchenna & Joyce's cab:

Joyce: I missed two questions. Damnit!

Uchenna: At least you soon got them right.

We then cut to Drexel University, where Kisha & Jen have just arrived and find the clue box.

Kisha: It's a Roadblock.

Jen: I'm taking it, sis.

As they rush in, we see Nat & Kat stuck in traffic on the Schukyll Expressway.

Nat: Honk your horn if you have to!

Kat: Just get us past the traffic!

The taxi begins weaving in and out of traffic as we cut to Uchenna & Joyce.

Joyce: Let's hope we can catch up.

Uchenna: Here's all our money.

The driver goes faster. We cut back to Nat & Kat.

Nat: We're almost there.

In Uchenna & Joyce's taxi:

Joyce: Come on! Come on!

Back in the first taxi:

Kat: Get ready, Natty.

Back in the second one:

Uchenna: Relax, honey.

We cut between Nat & Kat and Uchenna & Joyce before cutting to the garden surrounding the Shofuso. Outside the house, a taxi pulls up and we see the eight teams clapping and cheering. Even Victor is cheering, albeit half-heartedly. Phil looks and when he sees the first team, he raises one eyebrow.

Nat & Kat are screaming in delight as they come into view, dropping their backpacks as they run. They pass all the teams and Phil waves them onto the mat.

Phil: Six continents, eleven cities, Nat & Kat you are the official winners of the Winners' Edition of The Amazing Race! (Nat & Kat are screaming almost incoherently as we see all the teams clapping and cheering.) You have won another million dollars and can rightly be considered the best of the best! Can you believe it?

Nat & Kat (together): NO!

Phil: What is it like, winning for the second time?

Kat: It feels awesome! I couldn't have done it without Natty. We'll always be best friends.

Phil: And Nat, you won again despite having Type 1 diabetes.

Nat: It feels even sweeter winning this time, knowing how hard it was the second time around.

We hear Nat & Kat do confessionals.

Kat: We may have been more consistent this time around, but our friendship was rock-solid the first time around.

Nat: And our friendship is still rock-solid. I couldn't have done the race without Kat. She was just awesome!

After they hug, we see Uchenna & Joyce arrive. As they run up, they see Nat & Kat on the mat. They smile gamely, run up to the mat and hug Nat & Kat once they get on it.

Phil: Uchenna & Joyce, you are the second team to finish the Race. Congratulations.

Uchenna: Thanks. We're glad we did it again.

Phil: Are you disappointed to have lost?

Joyce: No. We lost to a really great team.

We then see them do their final confessionals.

Uchenna: We had a great time on the Race, and nobody can take that away from us.

Joyce: We'll always have each other, whether we have children or not. I love him.

We then see Kisha & Jen finally arrive. They run up and join Nat & Kat and Uchenna & Joyce on the mat.

Phil: Kisha & Jen, you are the third team to finish this race. Congratulations. (Kisha & Jen nod as the other teams applaud.) What went wrong for you two?

Jen: We got the Curse of the Bad Taxi Driver.

Kisha It happens. It just wasn't meant to be.

We then see Kisha & Jen do their final confessionals.

Jen: Getting into the finals twice in a row is an outstanding feat for any team!

Kisha: We're glad we got into the finals again, even if we didn't win this time.

We then see all of the eliminated teams come up and congratulate the finalists, especially Nat & Kat. We see two teams do their confessionals as well.

Megan: We have no hard feelings towards Nat & Kat for U-Turning us in Singapore.

Cheyne: After all, Tammy & Victor used them to get rid of us. And they got karma.

Victor: I wish we'd been the ones racing up to the mat instead of standing there cheering the finalists.

Tammy: I wish the same thing. But we had a great time along the way, and I had a blast on the Race!

We then see Nat & Kat do their final confessionals as we see all the teams on the mat, along with Phil.

Nat: We had the time of our lives doing the Race again.

Kat: Winning was just a bonus. It was just priceless!

We see Nat on one side of Phil and Kat on the other. Uchenna & Joyce are on Nat's other side, while Kisha & Jen are on Kat's other side. The final shot is of Nat & Kat holding Phil's hands up in the air as part of a victory salute.

Well, that's that. Nat & Kat have won for the second time, and I'm done! I'll post the final Elimination Station part and the interviews with the Final 3 teams but I want you to tell me how you liked the race.

07-12-11, 07:31 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Amazing Race Winners' Edition, Finale: Get Us To The Park On Time!"
Okay, here is the final Elimination Station update:

At 3:35 pm, a plane arrives in Philadelphia. Eight guys and two women disembark and quickly walk through the lounge.

Rob: We've got to get to the other terminal quickly.

Brennan: Yeah. The Final 6 are on the 4:43 flight.

B.J.: We'll get to spend time with three of them at least.

Tyler: I wonder if Victor's recovered from his sulking fit.

TK: I hope so. We lost as well but we're not sulking.

Rachel: Neither is Tammy, nor any of the other teams.

Nick: I think Tammy's more mature than Victor.

Starr: Either that, or just less competitive.

Alex: Well, we'll find out soon enough.

Chris: Yeah, as soon as the plane lands.

They manage to get to the lounge where the plane carrying the Final 6 teams will land around 4:20 pm. All the teams from Elimination Station try to look unobtrusive, although the presence of cameramen makes it hard for them.

Rob: We've had some good time, haven't we?

Brennan: Yeah, even if our time was short.

B.J.: I liked being in Brazil again.

Tyler: Even if we were eliminated there.

TK: I had a nice time with the carvings.

Rachel: Of course, we then got U-Turned.

Nick: I liked getting the letter from Toni & Dallas.

Starr: Yeah. That was a real highlight of our time.

Chris: I really liked being in Granada.

Alex: Even if we screwed up with diesel!

At that point, it's about 4:43 pm and we hear a plane beginning its approach. It's the plane carrying the finalists and the others from the Final 3. The teams from Elimination Station go into an unobtrusive corner and wait for the plane to land and the teams to disembark. Kisha & Jen, Nat & Kat and Uchenna & Joyce all rush off the plane without noticing the other teams.

Then Tyler & James and Megan & Cheyne jog off the plane. They try to make it look like they're rushing but they're not in a real hurry because they were already eliminated. Tammy & Victor bring up the rear and although Tammy's really trying to make it look like she's still in the Race, Victor's very half-hearted!

Brennan: There they are!

Rob: Hey guys! Over here!

The three eliminated teams jog over to the ones that were from Elimination Station.

Tyler: Hey, guys! I'm glad to see you again!

James: So am I, even if it's when we're out.

TK: Well, at least you weren't U-Turned.

Rachel: Yeah. That wasn't why you lost.

Megan: But that's why we were eliminated.

Cheyne: That, and the fact that we were threats.

B.J.: Well, at least you weren't the victims of bad luck.

Tyler: Yeah. Still, luck is a part of the Amazing Race.

Nick: As well as strength.

Tammy: And smarts. Right, Victor?

Victor: Don't remind me, Tammy!

Starr: What's got you upset?

Chris: Uh-oh. I think I know the problem.

Alex: They put unleaded in their car too.

Megan: So did we and Kisha & Jen.

Cheyne: We just had a brain cramp.

Tammy: Nat, Kat, and I tried to warn Victor!

Victor: Let's get straight to the Finish Line.

Tyler: He doesn't want to be reminded it was his fault.

James: Nobody likes being reminded of their own errors.

The teams go straight through the airport until they are faced with a minivan. All eight teams get into it and as they're driven off, the three eliminated teams tell the teams from Elimination Station some more of what they did.

Tyler: I actually liked the Speed Bump.

James: I preferred drinking the sangria.

Megan: The obstacle course was really fun!

Cheyne: Yeah, but I also liked rappelling.

Tammy: In New Zealand, we thought the Roadblock involved eating.

Victor: That's why I told Tammy I was hungry. Was I ever wrong!

Finally, the teams arrived at the Shofuso and walked into the garden area where the mat has just been placed. Phil is waiting on the mat.

Phil: You haven't actually done this, but you've all seen how the eliminated teams have been arranged for the arrival of the Final 3 teams. So arrange yourselves in that order.

Megan & Cheyne and Tammy & Victor begin the process by moving to the positions closest to the mat. As they do so, one of the guys whispers to his teammate:

Victor: This is humiliating.

Tammy: Please stop sulking!

Once they were in position, Tyler & James got in front of the newlyweds while Chris & Alex got in front of Tammy & Victor. Nick & Starr got in front of the lifelong friends while TK & Rachel got in front of the former drug addicts. Finally B.J. & Tyler got in front of the dating team while Rob & Brennan got in front of Nick & Starr. They waited. During the wait, they had to practice their clapping and cheering. Finally:

Phil: I just received word! The first team is coming!

Every team waits eagerly -- and then they see Nat & Kat come up as the winners of the Race! After Uchenna & Joyce and Kisha & Jen arrive as well, all the other teams join the finalists on the mat to congratulate them.

Rob (to Kisha & Jen): Nice job.

Kisha: Thanks for the compliment, guys.

Brennan: What went wrong, ladies?

Jen: The curse of the bad taxi driver!

We see B.J. & Tyler are standing there as well.

Tyler: Ouch! That's bad!

B.J.: We feel your pain.

We then see TK & Rachel, Chris & Alex and Tyler & James with Uchenna & Joyce.

TK: You guys did really well.

Tyler: Considering how weak you are.

Alex: Well, we weren't much stronger.

Uchenna: Thanks. We were really lucky.

Joyce: But the final Roadblock got me.

Uchenna: It was a memory challenge.

Joyce: And Kat had a better memory.

Rachel: Still, you did fine.

James: Yeah, you beat two strong guys.

Chris: And you didn't screw up much.

We finally see Megan & Cheyne, Nick & Starr and Tammy & Victor with Nat & Kat. Tammy & Victor have just congratulated Nat & Kat when the other two teams come up.

Nick: Congratulations to you both.

Starr: Yeah. You were real good!

Nat: Thanks. Sorry about the U-Turn.

Kat: We really didn't have much choice.

Cheyne: We know. Besides, karma didn't get you.

Megan: I think karma really knew who was to blame.

This made Victor especially uncomfortable but he and Tammy just joined in. Finally, everyone joined in for the final shot on the mat.

Okay, I'm going to have interviews with the Final 3 teams no later than Friday.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •