The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-02, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue"
Webby! I truly think you're onto something about those torches. At Tribal Council last night (EP. 3), Jeffy pointed out that everyone would take their torch home to camp and bring them back to future Tribal Councils!

Now why emphasize that for Television???

Especially on the THIRD espisode, when we've already SEEN two TCs?!?!?!

Hmmmmm....

As JP said that, I almost thought I was going to hear him say "Remember which one is yours; as SB.Com's Webby predicted, it'll decide the swap!"

Y'all's thoughts?

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue Spidey 10-04-02 1
   RE: Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue evilj9 10-04-02 2
   RE: Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue ronmimid 10-06-02 5
 RE: Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue Yogi 10-04-02 3
   RE: Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue LurkerJo 10-04-02 4
 RE: Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue ejm92 10-06-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-02, 01:39 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue"
Part of it could be that everyone gets the "fire is life" speech and it is apparently important (to whom I don't know) that everyone get that concept. Or that the TC was really boring and there was nothing else to show?

But I really do think the color of the torches is going to come into play. And how else but a swap? But how does that work if only "silvers," for example, have been eliminated? Are the torches interchangeable enough that the crew can keep a even number available for the tribe to take to TCs? Might the survivors notice they aren't getting the same torch and realize the torches play a part? Is that an element of the "outwit" part - an alliance figures this out and makes sure to grab the same color?

Lots of questions. Lots to think about.

Thanks for bringing it up again.

evilj9 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-04-02, 01:53 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue"
When Sookie Sookie went to TC last night, I tried to watch the torches closely to see if the bands were silver or gold. It appeared that most everyone had silver bands when they were initially chosen (they didn't show everyone picking their torches). However, in the scene where JP started asking questions, some of the torches appeared to have a gold band.

Obviously lighting will affect how silver looks when filmed. Could we be seeing the "gold" as a reflection of the fire? Correct me if I'm wrong, but other than the Sue H. picture, have we seen much of the torches, other than at TC? Also, we've seen him change buff colors, why not alter the torch color?

Anyone with VidCaps? My thought is that EPMB is attempting to misdirect. He's probably laughing his ass off. . . .

As always, in Evil, J9

ronmimid 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-06-02, 11:42 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue"
I also checked out the torches carefully on E3. Could be wrong but it sure seems to be lighting to me. When the torches are close to the fire they appear gold, then silver when further away. Who knows?

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-04-02, 07:31 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue"
Here is John getting booted with a 'gold' torch.

If you look to the left of Tanya you can see John's torch.
To my eyes it now looks to be 'silver'.

We now have 2 silver torches on the rack to the left of Jed.

I will be interested to see what colour Jed's torch is next week
and where they position it on the rack.
No conclusions yet but I agree with the rest of the gang that it
is worth watching.

LurkerJo 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-04-02, 11:48 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue"
Here's another time Jeffy mentioned the torches that seemed kind of out of place, (as well as incorrect).

Right after the immunity challenge, he tells Sook Jai, "go back to camp, GRAB YOUR TORCHES and head back to tribal Council."

BUT, they didn't have their torches at camp yet. When they show them walking to tribal council, they do not have them, and then when they arrive, they choose a torch.

I'm sure this was just a mistake on Jeff's part, but I wondered why it wasn't edited out. Another clue???

Jo

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-06-02, 11:51 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue"
Well, there is a method to EPM's madness....I highly doubt he would have some torches one color and other torches another color unless he had plans. I am proboably contradicting my original opinion, but Survivor seems to be a show with everything carefully planned ahead, and I don't think MB would have silver/gold torches just because he ran out of one color, or just to look nice...I just haven't figured out what he will do with the torches.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •