URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 3065
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue"

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 10-04-02 at 01:11 PM
Webby! I truly think you're onto something about those torches. At Tribal Council last night (EP. 3), Jeffy pointed out that everyone would take their torch home to camp and bring them back to future Tribal Councils!

Now why emphasize that for Television???

Especially on the THIRD espisode, when we've already SEEN two TCs?!?!?!

Hmmmmm....

As JP said that, I almost thought I was going to hear him say "Remember which one is yours; as SB.Com's Webby predicted, it'll decide the swap!"

Y'all's thoughts?

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Revisiting Webby's Torch Issue"
Posted by Spidey on 10-04-02 at 01:39 PM
Part of it could be that everyone gets the "fire is life" speech and it is apparently important (to whom I don't know) that everyone get that concept. Or that the TC was really boring and there was nothing else to show?

But I really do think the color of the torches is going to come into play. And how else but a swap? But how does that work if only "silvers," for example, have been eliminated? Are the torches interchangeable enough that the crew can keep a even number available for the tribe to take to TCs? Might the survivors notice they aren't getting the same torch and realize the torches play a part? Is that an element of the "outwit" part - an alliance figures this out and makes sure to grab the same color?

Lots of questions. Lots to think about.

Thanks for bringing it up again.

Posted by evilj9 on 10-04-02 at 01:53 PM
When Sookie Sookie went to TC last night, I tried to watch the torches closely to see if the bands were silver or gold. It appeared that most everyone had silver bands when they were initially chosen (they didn't show everyone picking their torches). However, in the scene where JP started asking questions, some of the torches appeared to have a gold band.

Obviously lighting will affect how silver looks when filmed. Could we be seeing the "gold" as a reflection of the fire? Correct me if I'm wrong, but other than the Sue H. picture, have we seen much of the torches, other than at TC? Also, we've seen him change buff colors, why not alter the torch color?

Anyone with VidCaps? My thought is that EPMB is attempting to misdirect. He's probably laughing his ass off. . . .

As always, in Evil, J9

Posted by ronmimid on 10-06-02 at 11:42 PM
I also checked out the torches carefully on E3. Could be wrong but it sure seems to be lighting to me. When the torches are close to the fire they appear gold, then silver when further away. Who knows?

Posted by Yogi on 10-04-02 at 07:31 PM
Here is John getting booted with a 'gold' torch.

If you look to the left of Tanya you can see John's torch.
To my eyes it now looks to be 'silver'.

We now have 2 silver torches on the rack to the left of Jed.

I will be interested to see what colour Jed's torch is next week
and where they position it on the rack.
No conclusions yet but I agree with the rest of the gang that it
is worth watching.

Posted by LurkerJo on 10-04-02 at 11:48 PM
Here's another time Jeffy mentioned the torches that seemed kind of out of place, (as well as incorrect).

Right after the immunity challenge, he tells Sook Jai, "go back to camp, GRAB YOUR TORCHES and head back to tribal Council."

BUT, they didn't have their torches at camp yet. When they show them walking to tribal council, they do not have them, and then when they arrive, they choose a torch.

I'm sure this was just a mistake on Jeff's part, but I wondered why it wasn't edited out. Another clue???

Jo

Posted by ejm92 on 10-06-02 at 11:51 PM
Well, there is a method to EPM's madness....I highly doubt he would have some torches one color and other torches another color unless he had plans. I am proboably contradicting my original opinion, but Survivor seems to be a show with everything carefully planned ahead, and I don't think MB would have silver/gold torches just because he ran out of one color, or just to look nice...I just haven't figured out what he will do with the torches.