The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tomcat Cruise - Entertainment Weekly"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Love Cruise Everything (Protected)
Original message

Ronnet 1734 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-02-01, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ronnet Click to send private message to Ronnet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tomcat Cruise - Entertainment Weekly"
Let me preface everything I'm about to write by saying that in no way am I trying to diminish the tragedy that our country is going through by expressing unadulterated adoration for Fox's sublimely ridiculous ''Love Cruise.'' I hope no one is offended. Call me crazy. Call me shallow. Call me in denial. All of these may be true. But after two weeks of round-the-clock CNN, about 73 anxiety attacks, and two fear-induced trip cancellations, I needed a release.

Maybe I'm the only one. After all, ''Love Cruise: The Maiden Voyage'' didn't exactly score ''Survivor'' ratings numbers in its first-week. But the offensive, repulsive, moronic, and chillingly low-brow sitcom -- I mean, hour long drama -- has won me over. Maybe it's that watching requires negative brain cells. Maybe the people are pretty. Nah, ''Survivor'''s casting department bested these guys. Is it the boat? No way. Cruises are my idea of torture. Maybe that's it. As sucky as my life seems at the moment, I'd rather be where I am than on that Caribbean cruiser. Now that that's settled, let's discuss the contestants:

---

MICHAEL This nebbish-y guy is spending too much time trying to strategize and outbrain the rest of the shipmates. Considering that the passengers' collective IQ (excluding Lisa) seems to be barely in the double digits, he shouldn't sweat that part. But he's got to lose the whole ''I used to be 200 pounds lighter'' shtick and at least look like he's having a halfway decent time.

(more)

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,177196~3~0~climbaboardfoxslove,00.html

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tomcat Cruise - Entertainment W... SkyRaider 10-02-01 1
   RE: Tomcat Cruise - Entertainment W... SurvivorBlows 10-02-01 2
       RE: Tomcat Cruise - Entertainment W... Monkeyboy 10-02-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-02-01, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tomcat Cruise - Entertainment Weekly"
<<MICHAEL This nebbish-y guy is spending too much time trying to strategize and outbrain the rest of the shipmates. But he's got to lose the whole ''I used to be 200 pounds heavier" shtick and at least look like he's having a halfway decent time.>>

It's that damned hat! Anyone wearing a hat like that looks like they're on the way to discuss their upcoming surgery with their doctor.

Maybe Aunt Lillian gave it to him and insisted that he wear it because it always brought her luck when she wore it playing mah jong?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-02-01, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tomcat Cruise - Entertainment Weekly"
> It's that damned hat!
> Anyone wearing a hat
>like that looks like they're
>on the way to discuss
>their upcoming surgery with their
>doctor.

Maybe we should send him a new one. How about the below?

(no, there are no Love Cruise Sinks hats yet )

-SB

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-02-01, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tomcat Cruise - Entertainment Weekly"
Ronnet...I think I'll join you on the psychiatrists couch to figure this one out.
Is it the ship? Maybe...it looks really kewl!
Is it the call of the open sea? Ehhh...seen one endless horizon of water and you've seen them all.
Is it Shakes? Maybe...he starting to act like the evil clown we all know.
Is it the bikinis? Maybe..but none of them are as cute as Colleen.
Is it Toni's buggy eyes? Maybe...it's fun to watch them pop out at the slightest provocation.

I dunno what it is...but I like it!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •