The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Where areyouareyouareyou? LOST! on Fox Reality"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-20-05, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Where areyouareyouareyou? LOST! on Fox Reality"
LAST EDITED ON 07-20-05 AT 09:49 AM (EST)

It looks like Fox Reality has started showing reruns of the 2001 NBC reality game show "Lost". Too bad I don't get that channel here; it would be fun to relive old times.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Where areyouareyouareyou? LOST... Estee 07-20-05 1
 RE: Where areyouareyouareyou? LOST... Hoobie 01-19-06 2
 RE: Where areyouareyouareyou? LOST... volsfan 01-20-06 3
 Huh? CattyChat 01-20-06 4
   RE: Huh? volsfan 01-21-06 5
   The 2-minute summary realitybites 01-28-06 6
   Thanks CattyChat 01-28-06 7
       RE: Thanks volsfan 01-30-06 11
 RE: Where areyouareyouareyou? LOST... realitycoholic 01-28-06 8
   RE: Where areyouareyouareyou? LOST... realitybites 01-29-06 9
 RE: Where areyouareyouareyou? LOST... aviators99 01-29-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-20-05, 10:43 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Where areyouareyouareyou? LOST! on Fox Reality"
Knowing FOX, they're probably just hoping people will decide they somehow got ahold of first-season reruns from ABC. The ratings boost from the three seconds before viewers realized they were wrong would triple their average daily viewership.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-19-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Where areyouareyouareyou? LOST! on Fox Reality"
They are replaying them again from the beginning...this Sunday on Fox Reality Channel. I had never seen it before.

Is it worth my time?

Someone? Anyone? Should I set the Tivo?

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-06, 09:14 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Where areyouareyouareyou? LOST! on Fox Reality"
So, is it going to be a mini-marathon? Seriously, the show had like 4 episodes per season and wasn't there only like two seasons (if that).

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-20-06, 09:17 AM (EST)
4. "Huh?"
Hi, all. What is this mysterious reality show you are all talking about? Is it worth a peek?

Kind Creation of ARNutz

01-21-06, 08:48 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Huh?"
There was a guy on Boy Meets Boy that was also on Lost (Dan). But other than that I can't remember much more to tell you about the show other than the way it played out.

There were teams of two dropped in the middle of no where and were given nothing to find themselves back to the U.S. I think each series of teams last only 3-4 episodes and I didn't think it lasted more than a couple of "mini-seasons".

For me, it was too edited and hard to watch. I thought the idea of the show was good but the execution was lacking.

Hope that helps.

01-28-06, 02:15 AM (EST)
6. "The 2-minute summary"
I'm sorry I missed this thread; with no reality shows worth watching, I don't stop here very often.

Anyway, "Lost" is one of my favorite reality shows, and this is my quick summary of it from another post in the archives:

It debuted in early September, 2001, was preempted due to You Know What, then came back with the last two episodes of Drop 1. Two of the three episodes of Drop 2 were burned off near Christmas and New Year's, 2001 - a fine time to program something that nobody would watch. The middle eppie of Drop 2 never aired on NBC, but it might have aired on the Travel Channel. Each drop consisted of six players who didn't know each other beforehand, split into three teams of two. They were each dropped a long way from the U.S. with very limited supplies (including a piddling sum of cash) and a cameraman. They were commanded to get back to Liberty Island.

End explanation, begin reminiscing. I think of "The Amazing Race" as a tricked-up version of "Lost", though they were developed independently and have nothing to do with each other ("Lost" was based on a UK series of the same name). I liked the purity of it and actually preferred it to TAR, despite its faults. But I must admit the second drop was starting to lose its magic, and I probably would have gotten weary of it had there been too many more. So it's probably best that it was canceled when it was.

Lots of people didn't like it for various reasons, so it's not for all tastes. It didn't last too long, so it shouldn't be TOO painful to watch, should it come up again.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-28-06, 08:51 AM (EST)
7. "Thanks"
Thanks, Vols & RB. Sounds interesting & I'll take a peek at it. The premise really sounds exciting, it's a shame that they didn't execute it that well (from the sounds of things).

Vols, was Dan the blonde straight actor guy from Boy meets Boy? You know, other than the cruel twist, I actually thought that show was good & it's a shame they never revived it.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

01-30-06, 09:46 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Thanks"
Yes, that was Dan. He was the one that showed his butt through the shower door. I liked the show too but it was cruel the way it played out!

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-28-06, 11:13 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Where areyouareyouareyou? LOST! on Fox Reality"
I thought the premise of "Lost" was a really good one--more gritty than AR and more varied than Survivor. I especially liked the theme music! I was disappointed they didn't keep it going and hone it into a good reality show. It had great promise. I only saw the first abbreviated season when the one team quit and it wasn't a race at all at the end. Was there another? I had heard they shot another one but since it was cancelled, never aired. If you all hear of another mini-marathon, let me know. I'll set my TiVo to look for it although it'll be confused with the "other" Lost!

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

01-29-06, 02:20 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Where areyouareyouareyou? LOST! on Fox Reality"
>I only saw the first abbreviated season when the one team
>quit and it wasn't a race at all at the end. Was there another?
>I had heard they shot another one but since it was cancelled,
>never aired.

It depends on what you call a "season", but I'll give it my best shot.

"Lost" had two drops in separate locations at about the same time. Both were filmed separately and aired separately. The first "drop" was originally aired in three one-hour episodes September-October 2001. The second "drop" originally aired in two one-hour episodes December 2001. There was a third episode in the second drop that never aired on NBC, but I'm sure Fox Reality showed.

To my knowledge, there were no other "drops" and no other episodes out there.

aviators99 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-29-06, 07:47 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Where areyouareyouareyou? LOST! on Fox Reality"
I really liked Lost. The reason it didn't garner any popular appeal is that it was a "real" reality show. It was missing the production values and production cheating. These people just got left in the middle of nowhere with hardly any assistance at all, and just had to get home. They decided what route to take, where to get the money for transportation, etc.

I think, reading between the lines, at one point one of the contestants may have started to sell herself to get enough money to get home. :-O

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •