The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Kid Nation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-07, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
No chickens were killed in the making of these commercials.

...wait...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... Estee 09-26-07 1
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... Snidget 09-26-07 2
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... Snidget 09-26-07 3
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... StarryLuna 09-26-07 4
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... Snidget 09-26-07 5
           RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... mistyrose52 09-26-07 6
               RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... geg6 09-27-07 7
                   RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... syren 09-27-07 9
                   RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... CTgirl 09-27-07 10
                       RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... michel 09-27-07 11
                           RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... Sunny_Bunny 09-27-07 15
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... SherpaDave 09-27-07 12
           RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... byoffer 09-27-07 13
               RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... Sunny_Bunny 09-27-07 16
                   RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... syren 09-27-07 17
               RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... foonermints 09-28-07 18
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... KeithFan 09-27-07 8
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... batts 09-27-07 14
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coas... mattben 09-29-07 19
   Here You Go foonermints 09-29-07 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
So I'm guessing we're all recording this and watching ABC...
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
It is like a ghost town in here, I thought someone would be posting during the show...
show...
show...

09-26-07, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
I know she is just a kid, but I'm really starting to despise pageant girl.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-26-07, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
Ditto. I really wanted her team to lose tonight and/or see her get overthrown and kicked off the council.

Notice that even though green keeps losing, their members are the ones winning the stars?

Siggy by tribe

09-26-07, 09:39 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
They are the ones working the hardest and doing what it takes to keep the town running.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-26-07, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
I came here so I wouldn't have to watch the ending! LOL. I mean, the show is THAT bad tonight! Was hoping someone here posted what happened so I could spare myself 15 more minutes of torture.

Talk about cheezy! 'How can I not smile when I have all these wonderful people here with me??', says little Red Riding Hood. Give me a break! Who really talks like that? Tell me that these counsellors were NOT prompted before they were put on this show!

As far as killing the chickens-hubby and I did our fair share when we were raising them, but to sit and watch it going on on TV, I have to say: YUCK! Especially with small children around, and hearing them say how sick it made them. THAT made me very sad. Even Survivor doesn't seem to go into quite as much detail as this show did tonight, IMHO. I personally felt some exploitation going on-in any case, it didn't feel right to me.

I hope this show finishes up earlier than expected and becomes history (in a non-existant way) really soon. Even though I HAVE heard many jr. highers stating that they LOVE it-who knows?

At this point-since I TiVo DWTS dance off show, this would be a nice evening to grab a good book. Not much else to do.....Can't say much for anything else on during that time slot!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
I couldn't disagree with you more!

I'm loving this show. What a bunch of smart, self-confident kids! While you're right that a lot of these kids seem suspiciously very well spoken and level-headed, I'm pretty sure that's the kind of kid you'd look for if you were producing this show. It's not an easy thing to do this as an adult (witness Survivor), let alone kids. I think they've done pretty damn well considering the types of possible behavior you could see. They usually make good, collective decisions.

The Beauty Queen is irritating beyond belief. But she's not stupid and, despite her completely inflated image of herself, has some leadership qualities that haven't been completely subsumed to her gigantic ego. She needs taken down a peg or two, for sure.

I've worked with young adult college students for 20 years and I just wish that they all had the self-sufficiency and confidence these kids do. I think they are fine and entertaining kids. And that's saying quite a bit since I'm not known as a big fan of kids.

"And now the whole nation -- pulpit and all -- will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open. Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." Mark Twain

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
I completely agree. I love this show, and while the chicken thing was a bit on the ewww factor it is nothing my parents did not do at the same age. And while it made them sick doing it, they sure weren't sick while they were eating it.

Jared is by far my favorite. The pageant girl better get it together because lacking the willingness to do your part will only get you so far.

If the other teams were smart they would take that you can just starve comment and apply it right back, stop doing their work, do yours and make enough food for the people who are actually doing it. Stop paying them, as they are not working, and stop cleaning the dishes that they have used. Eventually they should get hungry and want a clean dish to eat off of.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
I agree with you both. At the end of the hour, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. This episode was better than the first.

I enjoyed the chicken killing in an ew, perverse kind of way. I'd never seen it done before. I did think, I'm glad Jimmy isn't seeing this!

We saw Jared just enough this week for entertainment value: "to kill or not to kill" and the cluck, cluck jokes were funny.

Taylor's prima donna moments bugged me no end. Is it wrong to root against a 10-year-old?! The tension with her, the yellow team and the community and the green-team's losing streak has set up some good stories. I loved the stuffed animal day care bit. You forget how many kids that age still sleep with a stuffed animals and these little girls found a way (I think) to cope with being away from home. Very cute!

surfkitty sig shop 2007

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
Jared is the main reason I didn't turn off the TV. The kid's a blast!!

Sophia and Micheal have strong but positive personalities. Good for them.

Poor Kimmi, I mean Emily, more chicken slaughter.

What were the names of those girls with the stuffed animal daycare? It was a cute scene.

I don't want to bash a 10 year old so I listen to Taylor and imagine she'll be the winner of "Survivor #36" by using Jenna Morasca's "strategy"!

Besides Mike, who does sound "rehearsed", the other 2 council members had a very quiet episode. That's two in a row for the other guy on the council. When do we get to see his story?

Greg, at 15, is just old enough that I can say the bully couldn't pretend to be helpful very long. I hope he saw how close he was to the gold star and that it teaches him that persevering one more "week" could've done it.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
"Poor Kimmi, I mean Emily, more chicken slaughter."

Weren't you amazed that she would actually attend the slaughter? I was rooting for her too, until she decided to hide in the chicken coup to get out of doing another job.

"What were the names of those girls with the stuffed animal daycare? It was a cute scene."

I don't know their names, but it was a very clever way to get out of real work. LOL

I do have a bone to pick with whoever wrote the "previously on" segment though -- Sophia did NOT beg for money. She took the initiative, and sold her self as "entertainment" to get that bike.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
I'm curious about this. Does anyone know what it takes for a change in the council to occur? I can't remember the name of the boy on the yellow team who's so angry about the way Taylor is handling things, but he'd seem to be an excellent choice to replace her (assuming a replacement would have to come from the same team).

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
Good question Dave.

Does the Council get to impose "laws"? If the yellow team is not doing their job, can they get fired/demoted? Can their pay be withheld?

The Council was set by the producers, and not by any election. While I don't think an election would have necessarily yielded the best council (since it takes time to get to know people and the producers wanted a council from the start) it may be time to have an election to change this. Do you think that is why the host keeps asking at the town meeting if the kids are happy? Is he prodding for an election?

Personally, I think something like an election will need to happen. Otherwise the show will stagnate. It's not like there is an end-game to the whole thing.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
I wish I still had last weeks tape, because I think the not-Jeffy host did say something cryptic to the council about things being liable to change.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
Yep, he did. I do not have the exact quote, but he did refer that it could change, and to not get to comfortable.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-07, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
»It's not like there is an end-game to the whole thing«

Yarrr! Then who be the KidNation Master?

Gold Stars! I must have 'e more Gold Stars!

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
Me? I'm just quietly waiting for someone to pull out the conch. Then the real fun can begin.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-27-07, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
Ewww. I'm surprised those kids didn't get physically ill. The first (and only) time I tried to 'clean' a pheasant, when I was 11 years old, I ran out of the garage, into the yard, wretching and gagging, with my brother and dad laughing at me.
I guess it's just me, and my weak stomach.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Greg kid looks like the bully (Scott Vargas) on 'A Christmas Story'?

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-29-07, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #2 East Coast Update Thread."
I'm still redrafting my unofficial summary. Have to update it to ep. 3, now, I guess.

Give me some motivation, like a gold star.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-07, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Here You Go"

foonermints always showing enthusiasmus.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •