The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kid Nation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Kid Nation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-26-07, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kid Nation"
Let the controversy begin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/25/arts/television/25KID.html?hp

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kid Nation realityshowgeek 08-26-07 1
   RE: Kid Nation foonermints 09-01-07 9
       RE: Kid Nation qwertypie 09-02-07 12
           RE: Kid Nation foonermints 09-02-07 13
 RE: Kid Nation Loree 08-27-07 2
   I wonders? foonermints 09-01-07 8
   RE: Kid Nation ohmyheck 09-01-07 11
 RE: Kid Nation dabo 08-28-07 3
 i think it looks good cqvenus 08-28-07 4
   RE: i think it looks good foonermints 09-01-07 7
   RE: i think it looks good mysticwolf 09-01-07 10
       RE: i think it looks good MKitty 09-12-07 20
 I'll check it out moonbaby 08-28-07 5
 RE: Kid Nation mattben 08-29-07 6
 RE: Kid Nation Molaholic 09-03-07 14
   RE: Kid Nation foonermints 09-03-07 15
       RE: Kid Nation Prof_ Wagstaff 09-04-07 16
 RE: Kid Nation geg6 09-04-07 17
 RE: Kid Nation Cygnus X1 09-05-07 18
   RE: Kid Nation friendtiltheend 09-12-07 19
 RE: Kid Nation Puffy 09-19-07 21
 RE: Kid Nation kingfish 10-04-07 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realityshowgeek 176 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-26-07, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kid Nation"
CBS has shown so many promos during BB8, I commented in that forum days ago. I will be happy to repeat myself here. I know it's politically incorrect to not like children, but.... I already hate the fat kid who's crying and said, "I miss my brother because he's in a wheelchair" WTF!! So, he wouldn't miss him if he wasn't in a wheelchair? He's a little manipulator already. You see others pull this stunt on reality shows, but I have low expectations of some of these "adults" who appear on these shows. But this kid...what he's 11,12 and already working an angle. **shudder**
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-07, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kid Nation"
No worries. There has to be a kid named "Roger" and a rock around, somewhere.

Gee, it might be hard to make fun of this show.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-07, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kid Nation"
I guess it would be kind of mean spirited to have a drinking game for this show. You in?

09-02-07, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kid Nation"
I just saw this whiny little piggy wannabe snot on the TV. Plus that idiotic mom who was saying what a "wonderful building experience" it was in spite of controversy about dodging child labor laws. I think the smarmy producer is a piece of slime, too.

I'm IN.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-07, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kid Nation"
I have absolutely no interest in this show. It is one reality show I will not be watching.

09-01-07, 01:51 PM (EST)
8. "I wonders?"
If this show already has the smell of the sea to it.

RUM! I must have 'e more RUM!

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-01-07, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kid Nation"
So... No chance you'll do a summary and kill it for us?

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-07, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kid Nation"
Well now, you see, if Bill Cosby was doing this show, or Ronald McDonald maybe, but really Bill Cosby would be perfect, you know, then at least you could try and watch it, some of it might even be funny. Intentionally funny I mean. This has to be the worst idea yet for a reality show that doesn't involve a celebrity, it's just crying for a celebrity, maybe two. Now, if Sigourney Weaver was to show up and make them kids dig a bunch of holes...

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-07, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "i think it looks good"
i will be watching. it looks interesting. different, anyway. and i kind of want to see what the 'point' is. i also think if i were a kid it would sound like the greatest idea ever: build a whole town without any adults... that was my dream. i thought adults were pointless fun-crashers.

~ cq

09-01-07, 01:45 PM (EST)
7. "RE: i think it looks good"
I'm going to watch. I'll trust your opinion since you were so correct about Germicho.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-07, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: i think it looks good"
I'm with you, for all the same reasons.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-12-07, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: i think it looks good"
Me three.

*Pacified by Smokeysmom*

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I'll check it out"
and I know my nieces will want to, too.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-29-07, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kid Nation"
I'll check out show #1, could be fun. What's more fun is the PR CBS is getting from the ACLU holier-than-thou types who are chirping child-abuse of some kind in the filming.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-07, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kid Nation"
Besides the child labor law skirting, did the producers also neglect school for their "participants"? Because I have no doubt that that particular adult-created establishment would have a rather low priority in the minds of the Founding Munchins.

(Have somebody muck-out the communal crapper? Sure. -- Get in some math homework -- No Way!)

a gift from agman 2007

09-03-07, 11:22 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Kid Nation"
I guess all those sheep on the promos just turn into kabob.

*whackety* *whackety* *WHACK*

WhooHoo! I've done my homework!

~thank you

Jack

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-04-07, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Kid Nation"
All work and no play...
All work and no play...
All work and no play...
All work and no play...
All work and no play...
All work and no play...

Hit and Run by foonermints.
Holier than thou.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-07, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kid Nation"
Can't wait. Not being someone who ever wanted any, I'm looking to see if these kids prove me right...no one should have any. LOL! Or, more to the difficulty I grapple with every day once they are young adults, can they overcome the massive load of disabilities with which their parents have saddled them?

Should be fascinating, IMHO.

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and the slain of America." Thomas Paine

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-07, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Kid Nation"
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-07 AT 00:32 AM (EST)

Deleted and reposted here in a more appropriate thread.

friendtiltheend 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-12-07, 03:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail friendtiltheend Click to send private message to friendtiltheend Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kid Nation"
I'm gonna give the show a try. Here's hoping that nature wins over nurture

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-07, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Kid Nation"
A couple of the kids and their moms were in the "Ellen" show today. They had no complaints about the show. They went through intense selection, training, teaching, information-gathering, and felt the kids had good counselors and were not in any danger.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Kid Nation"
Finally watched an episode last night (was it the 3rd?). I had thought the idea to be absurd, so I hadn't bothered to switch over for the earlier episodes.

But I finally did last night, (I blame Foomernints) and after watching it, well, I kinda like the show. I don't know about lasting power, but initially it seems like an elaborate and very fun coed boy scout camp. As a kid I would have loved to be there. I probably couldn't have afforded it, but I would have loved it.

I should say that I agree that compliance with all applicable laws including (and esp) the child labor laws, ought to be verified. CBS has a competent legal staff I assume.

As for the adults being around, well, I would hope so, medical help too. Heck, some of the little ones are still bed wetters which would be exacerbated by anxiety, I imagine, and some help in becoming acclimated is probably a good idea.

That Taylor is a pistol. Really self assured (OK, bossy) but a really cute kid. (I do kinda pity the poor guy in her future).

Actually all the kids are pretty cute. The tensions in kid town remind me of those in the older kids version, Survivor. If they had little inflation valves you could use to blow them up to adult size, they would be saying and doing pretty much the same things.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •