The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 4 Summary - Survivor Philippines"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-13-12, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 4 Summary - Survivor Philippines"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-12 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

***OFFICIAL SURVIVOR PHILIPPINES EPISODE SUMMARY***

Episode 4: Survivor: Planet of the Apes

They say that man evolved from the apes, but sometimes man evolves back to the apes. Oh those crazy Survivor monkeys.
Last time on Survivor, the Mandrills of Matsing continued to slip on bananas during the challenges, and after their third straight loss had to send another Mandrill to Loser Lodge. Tough decision for the tribe between Russell and Angie, but in the end it was Angie’s turn to leave:

How differently this season might have gone if the Mandrills had won the following reward...

For the full recap of episode 3, keep watching this forum and I am sure it will magically appear please check out MisMyth's excellent summary here.

On to episode 4…
Day 9 at Survivor: Planet of the Apes, and apparently Mother Nature is not happy with the Apes.

Rain, rain, go away, monkeys hate being wet.

At Mandrill, Russell reminds us AGAIN that he was willing to die for the game last time (and maybe if he had Mandrill wouldn’t svck so badly) and that now is time for the greatest comeback ever on Survivor.
Malcolm tells us that one win is all that it takes (has he ever seen this show before??)

Over at Tandang, the Tamarins are playing their own monkey games. Visibly it seemed like something to do with a hidden/unhidden clue to an idol, but in reality it was just Pete secretly leading the Tamarins into the oldest of monkey games…

Sadly, the target seems to be RC, which is a real shame because she is quite the eye-candy...

Pete sure comes off as sneaky to the viewers, but to the Tamarins it is Abi-Maniac (per Pepe) who shows her true monkey colours:

That girl is ape-sh!t bananas.

Things seem better at Kalabaw, where the Capuchins don’t seem to have as much drama, but maybe that is because we have barely seen them! In fact telling them apart is a bit like differentiating between the monkeys in a barrel…

But the Capuchins seem to be determined to split their games by gender, girl monkey vs boy monkeys.

Speaking of hidden, back over at the Mandrill camp, Russell is anxious to find the Hidden Immunity Idol, but in another show of his svckitude, he can’t break the code as both Jonathon and Ami-Maniac did at their camps.

Challenge Time!! The monkeys are ushered in, and Charlton Heston, er Jiffy, points out to the Tamarins and Capuchins that the Mandrill with the largest coconuts was booted at the last tribal council. The 3 Mandrills look pathetic next to the other two tribes each with 6. Jiffy tells the monkeys that this challenge will be for Immunity and bananas. For the first tribe, lots of bananas in the form of steak and veggies; for the second tribe, no steak and fewer veggies (actually pathetically so, so an alternate reward of a tarp is available); and for the last tribe no bananas of any sort, but rather a tribe to Tribal Council.

The challenge involves teams of 3 (yes, the Tamarins and Capuchins sit their ladies) carrying clay jars of rice through an obstacle course, followed by swinging a wrecking ball to break the jars. Another great monkey game challenge by the producers, with lots of changes in positions between the tribes. Incredibly the Mandrills have an early lead (Malcolm and Russell navigate the course quickly), but then Denise struggles a bit and Tamarins pass for the lead. The Mandrills are still looking good until the wrecking ball, when suddenly they remember who they are. Tamarins quickly win, and when the Mandarins falter the Capuchins sneak by to ensure that the trip to Tribal Council will have no virgins*.

(*TC virgins)

But first, Russell goes on a rant (to God, to his tribe, to Jeff, to the cameras??) about he doesn’t accept all this losing, and that he is too perfect for all this. Once again, Survivor is his:

Well, he certainly has the crazy part done pat.

Jiffy sends all the tribes back to their camps...

For the first time in my memory, we get no footage of a tribe with their reward. We never see the Tamarins with the steak nor the Capuchins with their tarp. I guess tarps just don’t make good TV.

So naturally we head back over to Mandarin to see how the three wise monkeys are making out…

Russell shares a story with Denise about his childhood, and how he was beat up by some other kids and felt tormented. After being upset about that for some time, Russell found himself alone with one of the kids, and punched him in the face. Sadly this was the last battle that Russell won.
Denise and Malcolm seem to have the alliance, but each speaks to Russell about why he should vote with them against the other. Is this a ruse to prevent Russell from playing the HII, or are they turning on each other??? Only TC will tell! So off the Mandrills go on the usual route to TC…

Lots of the usual blah blah blah at TC (the only really interesting tidbit in my opinion was Russell and Malcolm commenting that Denise would beat anyone in a jury situation. Foreshadowing??).

The votes are cast, and Mandrill voted out was…

Russell.

Next time on Survivor, looks like one of the Capuchins is destined for a visit from the doctors…

Be gentle, this was my first ever episode summary.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 4 Summary - Survivor Ph... MissMyth 10-15-12 1
   RE: Episode 4 Summary - Survivor Ph... byoffer 10-15-12 2
       RE: Episode 4 Summary - Survivor Ph... MissMyth 10-15-12 3
 RE: Episode 4 Summary - Survivor Ph... PepeLePew13 10-15-12 4
   RE: Episode 4 Summary - Survivor Ph... MissMyth 10-15-12 5
   RE: Episode 4 Summary - Survivor Ph... byoffer 10-16-12 6
 Show me the Monkey suzzee 10-17-12 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-15-12, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 4 Summary - Survivor Philippines"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-12 AT 00:27 AM (EST)

(For the full recap of episode 3, keep watching this forum and I am sure it will magically appear.)
Would this be the one I posted on the 10th?

The reference to Kalabaw as the 'barrel of monkeys' was spot on. I don't think I've ever known so little about most of the players on a tribe.

Excellent summary and I loved the monkey motif. The sock monkey with boobs and stockings is a little disturbing, however.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-15-12, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 4 Summary - Survivor Philippines"
Ack! My apologies. I kept looking for it, and somehow it slid down the list and I missed it. I will read and reply so that it gets a bump! And I will fix my post above.

10-15-12, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 4 Summary - Survivor Philippines"

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-12, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 4 Summary - Survivor Philippines"
Congrats on breaking your summary virginity! Was it as good for you as it was for me?

I'll echo MissMyth on the disturbing image, except it's the first one with the real boobs, not the sock monkey...

Thanks for putting this summary together for us, byo!

10-15-12, 10:35 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode 4 Summary - Survivor Philippines"
Is this InZane at Loser Lodge?

10-16-12, 03:14 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 4 Summary - Survivor Philippines"
Thanks Pepe. I just hope it was good for someone.

What I just realized is that I forgot to include the primary reason why I chose to do the monkey theme. It was back at the Mandrill camp after the challenge, and Denise and Malcolm were a lot like this:

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-17-12, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Show me the Monkey"
OOOOH! It's a graphic summary! You attacked it like a starving monkey in a banana tree, please do everyone a favor and sign up for another one. Good work ByMonkey!

Monkey Shines, monkeying around, monkey business!

OMG the Angie monkey >snirk<

Capuchins sneak by to ensure that the trip to Tribal Council will have no virgins*.

(*TC virgins)

Whew, almost broke the PG-13 rule.

What a lovely bunch of coconuts.

Tarps can too be entertaining . Burnett has no sense of humor.

Tarp Fail

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •