The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Philippines – Episode 3 Summary "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-10-12, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Philippines – Episode 3 Summary "
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-12 AT 07:54 PM (EST)

Previously on Survivor: Check out PepeLePew's most excellent summary of Episode 2.

When Matsing returns to camp after Tribal Council Russell confessionalizes that Roxy was spot on about the relationship between Malcolm and Angie, but he voted her out anyway. He says he’ll hitch his wagon to the young ones because that is two votes and all he need is one more. Which, I guess, is a good thing since he only has one other player on his team?

The next day at Tandang, Abi needs a break while RC wants to look for the idol. Abi says she hurt her knee and needs to rest it so she won’t be a liability. RC is full of concern for Abi and insists that she is certainly not a liability. I think there must be a real language barrier here, because Abi translates that to mean, “I hate you and plan to stab you in the back”. RC thinks that sharing the idol clue with Abi proves she is loyal to their alliance. Abi thinks that anytime RC makes eye contact with anyone else it proves that she is going to turn on their alliance. So Abi does the sensible thing and spills the idol clue info to Peter who she feels is far more trustworthy. Peter immediately runs off to pressure Lisa into joining an alliance with him and Abi while agreeing to dump Mike.

Over at Kalabaw, the tribe finally notices the emblem on the rice box is missing. Jeff beats himself up for missing the clue, but thinks they can still blindside Penner.

Matsing can’t catch a break as they wake on Day 7 to discover their raft has floated far out to sea. Even inanimate objects don’t want to be part of the Loser Tribe. Malcolm assured Denise that he’s learned his lesson, there will be no more cuddling with Miss Melons and his alliance with Denise is solid.

It’s time for another combined immunity/reward challenge. Eight puzzle wheels are tethered in the water at increasingly deeper depths. Players must dive down to release a wheel, get it back to the platform and climb back up to hand off to another player. When all puzzle pieces are on the platform they are threaded onto an axle and spun until they spell out a prize word. Katie and Dawson of Kalabaw and Abi and Lisa on Tandang sit out the challenge.

I really hate these combined challenges because Tandang and Kalabaw don’t have to do any strategizing at all about who to sit out for reward and for immunity. Malcolm addresses this later when he points out that Angie has had to do all of the challenges while the little girls on the other tribes continually get to sit out.

Kalabaw moves smoothly through the challenge with no trouble and no drama.

On Tandang Skupin continues his injury streak when his diving mask shatters, cutting his face in several places. RC is a machine as she swims for three puzzle pieces in a row and then goes back out for a fourth. Skupin picks up two, while Artis and Peter get one each.

For Matsing, Angie and Russell are worthless in the swimming challenge. Angie struggles forever with the first puzzle piece and then refuses to go back out. Russell loses precious time on his first leg when he can’t haul his butt up the three foot ladder to the platform. His second time out he can’t even get a puzzle OR get out of the water leaving Malcolm and Denise to swim three times each. They are fast enough to make up some time and at least give their tribe a shot at solving the puzzle, but ultimately lose out for the third time.

Kalabaw rejoices over their reward of an actual canoe and fishing kit and Penner decides to forge an alliance with Suspicious Jeff by revealing that he does, in fact, have the idol. Jeff agrees to the alliance and shakes on it. BUT, he then shares with Uncle Cameraman that he only gave a four finger handshake, not a manly shake, thus negating his agreement. He also comes up with one of those cool sports motivational slogans; this is a me game, this isn’t a we game. Hey Jeff, how about we give that a one finger salute?

At Tandang Artis decides that second place and a puny little fishing kit just isn’t good enough and it’s all Skupin’s fault for breaking the mask. In another of Burnett’s little visuals the camera focuses on a big ol’ snake just before Abi and Peter turns the camp upside down looking for the idol. The idol that Abi wouldn’t know about if not for that scheming witch RC sharing the clue with her. And all this while the rest of the tribe is out gathering food for them. Abi does find the idol and Peter decides that means he can use it as leverage to solidify an alliance with Lisa and Artis. Abi keeps reminding Peter that she found it while burying the idol in the jungle.
Question: if someone else finds it out there, would they get to keep it?

Over at Matsing before Tribal Council things are humming. Russell tries Roxy’s technique of praying to stay in the game and apparently God appreciates plain English over whatever it was Roxy was spouting. Russell then compares his trials in the game of Survivor with the struggles of his ancestors against slavery and segregation. …sigh…

Malcolm takes Denise off to discuss their options and Angie scurries up to make sure they know that she NEVER said she couldn’t do the challenge, that she wouldn’t leave her team hanging like that. Ummm, really? Always trying to keep an open mind I went back and transcribed the conversation.

Denise: Angie, you going again or am I going?
Angie: I can’t do it! (while rolling her eyes helplessly)

In confession, Angie continues her revisionist history. “For the record, I never said I can’t do this. I don’t want Malcolm and Denise to think of me as, like, a weak link, or as the girl who just gives up because I never said I can’t. I mean, I am the youngest, I have been proving myself. And I hope they can see that. I never said I can’t. I don’t do that. I mean, I wouldn’t do that to my team.”

At Tribal Council, Jiffy asks Denise what she has given up for Survivor and she says, her family, financial loss from her practice. Malcolm remembers that he was 12 in the first season and how he’s always wanted to be here and how it sucks that his friends back home will associate him with the loser tribe.

Russell defends giving up during his second attempt in the challenge by saying it was strategic to quit and let someone else do it. He reminds Angie that he was willing to die for the game and asks if she is willing to do the same, while channeling Archie Bunker by calling her “Little Girl” in a patronizing voice.
Angie tries to influence the vote with her cutsie smile and giggle, and tears, but it’s all for naught as she is voted out 3-1.

Now jump over to Be The Survivor and play long.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Philippines – Episode ... byoffer 10-15-12 1
   RE: Survivor Philippines – Episode ... MissMyth 10-15-12 2
       RE: Survivor Philippines – Episode ... byoffer 10-15-12 3
 RE: Survivor Philippines – Episode ... PepeLePew13 10-15-12 4
 RE: Survivor Philippines – Episode ... suzzee 10-17-12 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-15-12, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Philippines – Episode 3 Summary "
Good Summary, MissMyth.

Abi keeps reminding Peter that she found it while burying the idol in the jungle.
Question: if someone else finds it out there, would they get to keep it?

I wondered about this also. They made a big deal about the burying. I am inclined to think that Pete himself might steal it, though the other part of my mind says that the show might have a rule about stealing (burning socks and hats okay (!), but stealing is another thing). Not sure about that though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur5Na-DmEcM&feature=related

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-15-12, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor Philippines – Episode 3 Summary "
We know that Peter took the clue from where it had been hidden. I think there's a rule about taking the idol out of someone else's belongings. But if another player stumbled across it buried in the jungle, they wouldn't know that this isn't where production buried it.
I'd love to see that happen and watch Abi go ballistic.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-12, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor Philippines – Episode 3 Summary "
Abi would blame RC, even though RC doesn't know where it is hidden!!

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-12, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Philippines – Episode 3 Summary "
Great summary!

>...and all he need is one more. Which,
>I guess, is a good thing since he only has
>one other player on his team?

Lisi math at work here?

>Even inanimate objects don’t want to be part of the Loser Tribe.

>Question: if someone else finds it
>out there, would they get to keep it?

Good question. There's a rule about stealing the HII from another contestant's belongings, but we haven't seen what would happen if it's buried somewhere out in the jungle and someone happens to come across it. What if Abi gets swapped to another tribe or gets booted - does Peter automatically have the right to it?

>Russell tries Roxy’s technique of praying to
>stay in the game and apparently God appreciates
>plain English over whatever it was Roxy was spouting.

It didn't make him sound any saner, though...

Thanks for putting this summary together and for your note on mine!

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-17-12, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor Philippines – Episode 3 Summary "
Oh the irony of the Abi/RC sharing the clue deal. Hilarious when you read it.

Good job MissMyth, you got all the sarcasm juuuuuuust right.

Abi says she hurt her knee and needs to rest it so she won’t be a liability.

Her knee?!? I thought it was her brain that was the problem. Silly me.

Even inanimate objects don’t want to be part of the Loser Tribe.

True dat and the HII doesn't want any part of them either.

What a lovely bunch of coconuts.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •