LAST EDITED ON 02-21-02 AT 03:17 AM (EST)
IMHO, Ethan would still have won the game.
1) KimJ might have won tiebreaker on FComrades; no change.
2) ASSUME Lex won, he MIGHT have booted Tom by that point.
3) Assume that the 3 Musketeers booted the woman; Tom would have definitely lost the Final IC by falling off the perch.
4) If Lex had beaten Ethan at the Final IC (which he technically did)--I believe he would have taken Ethan to the Finals.
He was worried about Tom's popularity and Tom had been revealed as trying to get Lex voted off.
5) Ethan would have beaten Lex, although it would have been closer. Remember, the one who wins the car never gets to win two cars--Survivor RC jinx.
Outcome: At best Tom gets 3rd and Lex gets 2nd, so Lex got paid what he fully deserved (good!) and Tom made out like a bandit, as per usual. As for Kim, she didn't get overpaid because she did hang in there for that last excruciating IC. Plus she could very likely have beaten Lex on the tiebreaker, as per 1) above.
I think Ethan's check is safe from a recall.
I agree with everyone who said it was a stoopid bloody question.