The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S30 | Episode 4 | State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-15, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S30 | Episode 4 | State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
A placeholder for now until I return with the full SOTS.

Sorry for the delay, folks. My mother wiped out on ice yesterday and had to be taken in for stitches and a concussion (she wasn't trying to emulate Blue Kelly's injury, I swear), so I've been out of town until now.

I have to run a couple of errands then will have a SOTS up around the lunch hour.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S30 | Episode 4 | State of the ... Flowerpower1 03-18-15 1
 SOTS - Episode 4 PepeLePew13 03-18-15 2
   RE: SOTS - Episode 4 michel2 03-18-15 3
       RE: SOTS - Episode 4 PepeLePew13 03-18-15 6
           RE: SOTS - Episode 4 michel2 03-18-15 10
   RE: SOTS - Episode 4 tribephyl 03-18-15 7
       RE: SOTS - Episode 4 PepeLePew13 03-18-15 8
 SOTS - Episode 5 PepeLePew13 03-18-15 4
   RE: SOTS - Episode 5 tribephyl 03-18-15 9
   RE: SOTS - Episode 5 michel2 03-18-15 11
   RE: SOTS - Episode 5 suzzee 03-19-15 13
 RE: S30 | Episode 4&5 | State of th... CTgirl 03-18-15 5
 RE: S30 | Episode 4 | State of the ... Sheldor 03-18-15 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower1 4375 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-18-15, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S30 | Episode 4 | State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Poor Mrs. LePew! OMG, take care of MOM! Best regards!!!

03-18-15, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "SOTS - Episode 4"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-15 AT 07:15 PM (EST)

Welcome to the SOTS for Episode 4, part one of tonight's double episode airing.

WRAP-UP OF LAST WEEK'S EPISODE:

East Coast Spoiler Thread: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8327.shtml

Nina's post-boot interviews: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8315.shtml#14

In particular, her interview with Cochran had this snippet highlighted by CTgirl:
The thing that I noticed most about this interview (if Nina is telling the truth about Joe's behavior) is that Joe got a very careful edit around his treatment of her. He wasn't associated with Hali and Jenn when they weren't nice to her and he got to apologize to his tribe when his "strategy" in the last immunity challenge didn't work. It seems he was concerned that her hearing would hurt their team but instead we saw him talk about his mom working with the deaf community and knowing sign language. Nice spin!

Definitely bears watching for Joe's end-game prospects.

dabo's Confessionals Tracker: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8319.shtml
Nothing that stands out in particular as a pattern, other than the three bootees so far have all been chatty in confessionals during their stays.

An editing trick didn't go unnoticed by our sharp eyes - obvious editing manipulation to credit Sierra for a winning shot when it was actually Rodney: Jiffy said, "Sierra. Could win it right here ... she does! Blue Collar wins immunity and reward!"

Could this mean trouble for Rodney's end-game prospects and boost Sierra's chances, editing wise? Stay tuned.

For more on editing patterns in this potentially interesting season, check out Michel's The Characters and Their Stories thread: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8310.shtml

EPISODE 4

Episode 4 title: Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8324.shtml

REWARD CHALLENGE

With the repeating use of "Winner Winner", I'd say that the first two tribes both win something chicken-related - the first place tribe gets live chickens, the second place tribe gets chicken eggs. Let's find out who gets them.

This is the ol' Blind leading the Blind challenge where blindfolded pairs race to pick up items and bring them back as directed by a spotter on top of a platform.

Chicken coop here:

Jiffy showing the eggs:

Platform about to come down onto Kelly's head:

Immediately after being hit:

As for the winner, it seems that the No Collars were ahead of the White Collars as they were bringing their flags (the presumed final item) back to the platform, so I'm going with No Collars as the winner of the chickens and the White Collars the winner of the eggs. It seems clear that the Blue Collars do not win anything as Mike was quoted in one of the promos as saying, "We're starving and didn't get chickens obviously" while prepping a snake to be eaten.

Mike roasting a snake:

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Each tribe must climb over blocks on an obstacle course and put balls through a Swiss cheese board.

There doesn't seem to be any way to detect who might have won in this challenge as we see the White Collars way behind at one point and then later in another vidcap appearing to be ahead of the other two based on the placement of the balls on the board, so it's all a guess at this point. I'll go with the White Collars as the winners here and the No Blue Collars finishing in last, purely a guess but also based on Mike running around trying to pick up balls and switching with Kelly at one point.

THE BOOT:

This press pic was taken shortly after the reward challenge ended, back in their camp. Looks like Mike and Rodney have kissed and made up:

I think this suggests that they've agreed to work together, and Rodney is going to go with Mike, Dan and probably Kelly for the vote ... so since we know Sierra is safe for episode 5, it's time to say hasta la vista to my boot pick, LINDSEY.

RC: Red, White, Blue
IC: White, Red, Blue
Boot: Lindsey

michel2 4531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-18-15, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4"
Thank you for this, Pepe and I hope your mom is alright.

03-18-15, 05:32 PM (EST)
6. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4"
Thanks, michel.

I see that I've influenced your vote over on the voting thread - I hope this scenario around a Lindsey boot is correct as it seems to make the most sense... but at the same time, this is one of the most up-in-the-air pair of episodes that we've had in quite some time. You could very well be correct that Will is the boot as he's the very obvious choice if the No Collars go to TC again.

That's what makes Survivor fun, eh.

03-18-15, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4"
You are right about that.

My vote is also based a lot on what I would like to see. While I don't care what happens to Will, it would be quite funny to see Lindsey get the boot first in her tribe after saying that almost everyone else should go.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-15, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4"
Great SOTS, Pepe!
Even under the duress of family-crisis, masterful job.

(RC: White, Red, Blue | IC: Red, Blue, White | Boot: Carolyn)
It appears as I don't agree with it at all but I'm still hoping you've out-thunk me again.

03-18-15, 05:43 PM (EST)
8. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4"
I think we're just destined to never agree on Survivor predictions.

03-18-15, 05:20 PM (EST)
4. "SOTS - Episode 5"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-15 AT 05:36 PM (EST)

Welcome to the SOTS for Episode 5, part two of tonight's double episode extravaganza.

Episode 5 title: We're Finally Playing Some Survivor
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8324.shtml

This is the tribal swap episode, which fits in with the title.

Based on vidcaps below where the announcement is made that there's a tribal swap, the folks who are clearly safe going into this episode: Joaquin, Shirin, Tyler, Joe, Sierra and Rodney. There's been a healthy debate as to whose hair lock is shown on the far left side of the Sierra pic - Lindsey or Kelly? Since my boot pick for episode 4 is Lindsey, I'm going to say it's Kelly's hair lock here, though you'd find enough supporters out there that say it's Lindsey's hair.

REWARD CHALLENGE/TRIBAL SWAP

We see the set-up of the reward challenge with three launchers at the left side, evidently to fool the tribes into thinking they're still going to be playing with their original tribemates before the cat is let out of the bag:

Here's Jiffy laying out what the reward is for this challenge:

I'm not starving sitting here on my couch at home, but heck, I'd fight for that reward.

We don't have much else in the way of who might be on which tribe post-swap, but it's clear that the colour yellow is gone and that red and blue will be the remaining tribes.

One spec that I've seen is that Sierra could be a "free agent" and possibly alone on her new tribe as she is quoted as saying, "My old tribe is absolutely dead to me" in this vidcap:

Could Sierra be holding a new buff in her hands in the above vidcap with it partially blurred to hide the colour? Or is it a clue of some sort? It's been clearly blurred by the producers so the audience can't figure out what she's holding.

And could the V-shaped tree behind Sierra be the same one as the one behind Will in this cap here?

It appears that the vidcap with Will is regurgitated from Episode 1, so no idea what it means other than to help us see that it might be the same background as the vidcap of Sierra's confessional, which would mean they'd be on the same tribe.

So... who gets the boot? Who knows? Based on the editing storyline, I'm inclined to eye Shirin, Joaquin, Kelly and Rodney as the best boot bets -- Shirin because she's annoyed everyone else, Joaquin because of his lack of a story arc and editing, Rodney because of his fights with Lindsey and Mike, and Kelly because Sierra is saying that her old tribe is dead to her - could be because she's angry at the Lindsey boot (if I'm correct for tonight's first episode) and would target Kelly next. Carolyn is always a threat to be booted because of her idol and Tyler holding the power to either keep it a secret or reveal it to others to put a target on her.

Rodney does appear to have made up with Mike as evidenced by the handshake in episode 4's vidcaps, but he no longer would have the numbers in his favour if Lindsey goes first. I just feel that Rodney has a better long-term story than either Shirin or Joaquin, and Shirin has a better long-term story than Joaquin. Kelly is a 'who knows' at this point, could have a great story or could be an one-hit wonder with her great quote from last episode.

So... *throwing a dart* ... my boot choice is Joaquin.

Tell us what you think by voting here: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8330.shtml

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-15, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SOTS - Episode 5"
I'm sending you and yours good vibes during this close call.
On top of that... This has got to be the most difficult SOTS to ever have been written.
To somehow arrive at a second bootee after a long two hours, six days, four challenges, one tribal council and a swap? Ugh.
But you did great!
Thank you!

My dart hit an Escameca lady. I'm speculating that Sierra finds an idol and the Lindsey/Rodney fight is misdirection, so I picked Kelly.

03-18-15, 06:11 PM (EST)
11. "RE: SOTS - Episode 5"
Thanks for putting all of this together. We can't expect to know what will happen when we get so few details. I like the fact that the swap comes in the second episode. In previous seasons we almost always knew who wound up where but this time? No clues. It should be fun.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-15, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SOTS - Episode 5"
Nicely done on both episodes, so much effort and it's all appreciated so much. Well done!

I should be watched....closely.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-15, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S30 | Episode 4&5 | State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
I hope you Mom is okay Pepe. This has been a long, hard winter for many of us and we are ready for spring!

Thanks for the double SOTS! I'm on board with both your picks. I'm definitely in agreement with Lindsey's boot. As you said for episode 5, it's like shooting a dart. I voted for Rodney but I think the clue that says someone wants to flex his power is pointing towards either Joaquin or Rodney.

Sheldor 4639 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-15, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S30 | Episode 4 | State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
PepeLePew: Hope your mother is doing well and recovers fast!

Thanks so much for doing a DOUBLE SOTS. You definitely went above and beyond the call of duty!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •