The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I got to see Doug Wilson this weekend"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-04, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I got to see Doug Wilson this weekend"
I don't care what Bebo says-I.HEART.DOUG! The attitude and graying hair just do it for me, what can I say.

He was at the Madison Home Show & did a fun Q&A session. Did you know he's dating (possibly engaged) to that girl from the presidential room episode (where he flirted lots)? She now works for him, also and was there. Wonder what that age difference is.

He sang, he made some good jokes and was very candid about a lot of things.

He and Hilde are best of friends. He defended her wacky ideas.

His new apartment is very modeled after the "Don't Box Me In" design he'd done in a bedroom on TS. It was his favorite room he'd done on TS.

The room he was least happy with: The foot room, although that episode was a lot of fun.

He wishes people wouldn't waste TS time if they already know what they want done in their room. Pay a designer. And he dislikes it when neighbors only voice what the owners want. The idea of the show is for the neighbors to do what THEY want to the room.

Vern is no longer with the show. *sniffle*

Ty is his favorite carpenter because he "gets" what the show is about-part room makeover, part acting it up for tv.

Doug has no interest in leaving TS-it's his "home"

He thinks the spinoffs (family, boys v. girls) are diluting the original show.

There are about staff people at each episode from the producers to desiners, to assistants, to homeowners.

TS cast Doug as "the opposite" of Frank - so he plays up the part.

And ceiling fans? Laurie's new house has ones in almost every room. The irony.

He made reference to the fact that producers want people who are great in front of the camera-talkative & such. So if you are sending in a TS tape-make note of that.

Hm, can't think of other specifics right now.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this w... mtopaz 03-08-04 1
   RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this w... weltek 03-08-04 2
       RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this w... Devious Weasel 03-08-04 3
           RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this w... smiley 03-09-04 7
               RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this w... ginger 03-12-04 12
 RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this w... Swami 03-08-04 4
   Pictures: Boxed in & the girlfriend weltek 03-09-04 9
       RE: Pictures: Boxed in & the girlfr... Swami 03-09-04 10
 RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this w... RealityRyan 03-08-04 5
 RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this w... AugustGirl 03-08-04 6
   RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this w... weltek 03-09-04 8
 RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this w... true 03-10-04 11
 RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this w... kelli_blue 03-16-04 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-08-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this weekend"
Thanks Weltek - lots of interesting tidbits! Now I need to look up the episode with the presidential room. I can't recall it right now, but I think I've seen nearly every episode.

03-08-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this weekend"
Twas a little living room with ugly yellow-gold/navy/white vertical striped curtains. Very White House-esque. The girl is a cutie.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this weekend"
Good for him - they were doing some major flirting.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-09-04, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this weekend"
OMH I remember that show! I was wondering if they really connected or it was just an act for the show. Guess I know now LOL

He is kinda cute

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this weekend"
I remember that too. Don't you like it when you're right?

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-04, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this weekend"
I agree the spinoffs are diluting TS. Every now and then I turn on something called Trading Spaces and it's full of (not) cute kids & other stuff I was not expecting.

Trying to remember the Boxed In Room...

03-09-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
9. "Pictures: Boxed in & the girlfriend"
The room had green earth tone squares painted allover the wall. It was a very nice bedroom with nice furniture. I remember the team in the room argued with Doug about the bed placement. Oooh, lookie, I found a pic: http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/tradingspaces/episode/season3/episode_06.html

And if you are wondering about the girlfriend, I found a pic!
http://www.davemackey.com/trading/season4/01/min-11th.htm

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Pictures: Boxed in & the girlfriend"
Thanks for the links, Weltek. I remember the show where he met Erin very well because it was right here in Minneapolis! The local paper ran a fairly lengthy story on it, and mentioned all the flirting, but they never did a follow-up (that I noticed anyway) to say these two were still dating!

I think Doug is great, but I still wouldn't let him do my house, LOL. I wonder... now that he has somebody "special" in his life maybe he won't get into those brown geometric moods where he really trashes peoples' space!

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-08-04, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this weekend"
Doug has a... a girlfriend? Woah, gaydar was WAY off on that one... who knew that a flaming-esque interior decorator with a lisp and great fashion sense actually had a girlfriend...

Kathy must win !!! Down with THE RUPERT!
I heart America's Next Top Model

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-04, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this weekend"
Great info Weltek. Thanks for the scoop. I'll miss Vern. And Doug is dating that girl? I guess the kiss they shared on screen was more than just a gag for the camera! I hope they are very happy.

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

03-09-04, 10:11 AM (EST)
8. "RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this weekend"
The actual question someone asked was if all the flirting was for real or if it was just for ratings. He answered by introducing her (Erin, I think, is her name?) and the two of them bantered a bit about it all. It was cute.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this weekend"
Lucky Duck!

Glad you got to see him, Weltek. I *heart* Doug, and other than a very few klunkers, I love his designs too! I agree with him about the HO's who take it too seriously. Puhleeeze.

I feared Vern would move on. *sniff*

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-16-04, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I got to see Doug Wilson this weekend"
Thanks SO much for the Doug update! I just LOVE him on TS and think he's cocky, arrogant, funny and hot!! I'm SO jealous he's taken...although so am I. Oh well!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •