The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "The Pa..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-31-10, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "My Take...."
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-10 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

Yes, it's DESMOND! YEAH!!!! I knew that he would return and I was convinced that it was he who was in the closet all along! And, I am so excited because next week it's ALL about Desmond with a Desmond centric episode. And, I think this season is indeed coming to fruition. With each episode I get a bit more validation.

I just can't wait to start...the show has an eerie start with the vantage point of XLocke's camp through the night vision goggles, and they zoom in on Sawyer and Kate and then Sayid, and then on XLocke as he approaches Sayid to tell him that he's going on an errand. Sayid notes that he no longer feels anger, happiness, pain. XLocke replies that perhaps it is for the best as it will help you through what is coming....again foreshadowing of the war that Widmore referred to when he saved John Locke from the desert.

Then XLocke goes and talks to Jin, telling him about the names on the wall. "The only way we can leave the Island is if all the names that are not crossed off go together." And, he tells him that he'll find Sun.

Cut to Jin and Sun at customs and their cash has been confiscated. Jin is upset and Sun asks him what the money was for. He replies, "I don't Know". "I don't ask any questions, I do what your father tells me to do."

They arrive at the hotel and we find out that they are not married, they get separate rooms that indeed have "the numbers" associated with them. All on the 8th floor...

Sawyer goes up to Jin and says, "Where are you going, Hoss?" And Jin replies that he's going to find his wife. That he is "not sitting around here listening to whatever that thing tells you...

**This is EXACTLY what Jin does in Flash: Sideways. He doesn't ask any questions and he does what he is told!, exactly the opposite of what Jin is doing on the Island.

Sawyer argues back when the drug darts first hit Jin, then Sawyer then the rest of them. Then we see Widmore's man and Zoe come up to Jin and ask if this is the guy, where she replies, yes, let's take him.

Cut to the beach where Ben is asking Ilana what they will do next. She replies that we wait. Jacob has never lied to her and Richard will come back and tell them what they need to do. She is the girl of FAITH. She trusts Jacob. She has faith that if Jacob said Richard will tell them what to do, then indeed Richard will tell them what to do.

Sun is pissed and leaves to go to her old garden when Jack arrives . Clearly Jack still believes that they were brought to the Island for a purpose, and Sun doesn't want to hear that destiny crap...she doesn't want to save the world, she wants her husband and her family back and off of that island. She stomps off. Jack seems to have come back to the "purpose"....he had faltered after Juliet's demise. But, it seems that Jack's experience at the Lighthouse changed his mind....all that pondering out to the ocean indeed led him to "see the light", as Jacob thought it would.

Cut to Flash sideways and Jin knocks on Sun's door, telling her he's going to the restaurant...she says it's late and starts to seduce him. She teases him about him making her button her top, he replies "you never know who's watching".....Sun says no one was watching them, but later in the episode, that they were wrong, that Mr. Paik was indeed watching them.

Cut to Locke coming to Sun while she is in the garden....he tempts her with Jin and she doesn't believe him as he killed those people at the temple. He says those people had a choice to come with him and they didn't, he would never ask her to do something against her will...come, Jin is waiting.

She cuts and runs away, and in the process knocks herself out on a tree...she gets a big bump on her head

Cut to Jin and Sun waking up in bed in the morning. Sun had a plan all along to runaway together in America, she's saved and has an account. She asks is he angry, and he tells her no, that he does love her. She says, "there is something I need for you to know..." and she is interrupted by the knocking on the door.

Jin hides in the bathroom and she stops to examine herself in the mirror, just as Jack did on the plane, as Sawyer did when he smashed it, when Sayid saw his reflection in Nadia's door, and as Locke did in the bathroom mirror. Definitely there is a thing with reflection this season.

Cut to Jin in the "room". The same room where I think Karl was held when they were doing the "psychological testing" on him. After flipping the switch, Jin quickly turns it off and Zoe comes in explaining that that is where the Dharma Initiative did all of the subliminal testing. He asks what do you want from me? And she brings out the Dharma maps with the grid and the locations of the Electromagnetic pockets. They are signed by Jin Su Kwon, and she says that would be a big help to her if he could explain the maps to her. He says he's leaving, and she stuns him with the stun gun. He says, let me talk to your boss, Charles Whidmore.

Cut to Locke returning to camp and finding them all out. He revives Sayid who explains they were attacked, but he doesn't know who. Later when they are all awake, Sayid and Locke plan to go to Hydra Island. Claire comes over and wants to know if her name were on the wall. No, but I still need you. Was Kate's name on the wall? No, but I am three people shy of getting off this island and Kate can help me. Once Kate helps me get theose other people here, "whatever happens, happens." This implies that Claire then has the green light to kill Kate. Which, imo, is another deception on XLocke's part. He needs to get all of the 6 candidates to go with him off of the Island because then he can kill them all when he's off the island, and there will be no more candidates, most likely. But, we also already know that they will all die if XLocke gets off the island. It's all moot.

Sawyer then approaches and asks where they are going and Locke replies they are taking the boat and going to Hydra Island. Sawyer says why do you need the boat, and we find out that the black smoke cannot fly off of the Islands. He responds that they took one of our people, so I'm going to get him back.

Cut back to Sun and Jin and their conversation with Leamy and Omar...get Danny's friend, Mikhail...

Cut to the beach and Ben asks Ilana why she doesn't believe him that he found Sun already unconscious, and she responds, "because you are speaking". Sun has aphasia and when she got knocked on the head and now she cannot speak English.
Richard and Hurley return, Richard says, "pack your bags, we're leaving"

Back at Hydra Island Locke lands on the beach. He is fired upon by Widmore's men, he says he comes in peace and says he wants to talk to Widmore. He walks down the beach on the outside perimeter of the pylons and Widmore appears...."Do you know who I am?"
"Charles Widmore, do you know who I am?"
"Obviously you are not John Locke. Most likely a combination of myths, ghost stories, and jungle noises in the night. Why are you here?"
"Where have you taken Jin?"
"I have no idea what you are talking about"
"A wise man once said that a war was coming to this Island, I think it just got here."

John Locke quoted Charles Widmore to himself, when he told John Locke when he was recovering from the broken leg....a war was coming to the Island....and if you aren't back there, the wrong side will win.

Cut to Richard asking Ben where Locke said he was going. ..."you said he came to recruit you, where did he say he'd be?"
Hydra Island.
"Which is exactly where you said you landed the plane that you flew back here, right?" Frank nods his head, yes. Richard continues that XLocke wants to leave the Island and that plane's the only way he can do it. You want to know where we're going, we're going to stop him."
"How are we going to stop him from getting on the plane?"
Richard tells them that they will destroy it.

Upon hearing this, Sun flips out, and stomps off, and Hurley notes, "I don't think she wants to come"

Cut to the bank with Mikhail translating, and Sun finds out that Mr. Paik has closed her account, she asks Mikhail why would he do that, and he responds, "Why do you think?"

Cut to Omar knocking Jin's head on the refrigerator door as he shoves him in...just as Sun was knocked in the head! Someone up above noted that when Sun gets knocked in the head she can no longer speak English, but when Jin gets knocked in the head, he can speak some English....I didn't really notice this, but I like it!

Leamy proceeds to tell Jin how unhappy Mr. Paik was when he found out about he and Sun saying that that was what the $25,000 was for, to pop him. "the heart wants, what the heart wants"...sorry, some people aren't meant to be together. this last statement reminds me of what Sawyer just told Kate after Juliet died....that some people were just meant to be alone.

Cut to Widmore arriving at Room 23, and he and Zoe are arguing, why didn't she stick to the timeline, blah, blah, blah. She responds, "maybe you should have ad a mercinary in charge...which is a direct referral to Keamy and that time the mercenary failed the task. He responds with what's done is done....an ongoing theme of Lost. Just like XLocke responded to Claire with Kate once she's served her purpose....whatever happens, happens.

Then we have the scene with Jin and Charles Whidmore. He apologizes for everything that's been done to him. Jin wants to know why he brought him there. He responds that he found the camera that belonged to Sun on the Ajira Airways plane and thought he might want to have it. He hands him the camera, and a wonderful scene follows. Jin sees Ji Yeon for the very first time. Great acting here by Daniel Dae Kim. Charles steps back as he views the film and then proceeds. "I understand you've never seen her before. I have a daughter too. I understand what it's like to be kept apart. I understand that one thing you want is to be reunited iwth your wife and daughter, but it would be shortlived if that thing masquerading as John Locke ever got off this Island. Your wife, your daughter, my daughter, everyone we know and love would simply cease to be. I came here to make sure that doesn't happen.
Jin says, "how?"
Widmore says "come with me. I think it's time for you to see the package"
"What package?"
"It's not a what, it's a who."

Cut to the scene where Sun and Mikhail arrive at the restaurant....Jin shoots Mikhail in the eye and kills him, but Sun is shot by a stray bullet in the abdomen, and she tells Jin that she is pregnant!!! This was a great scene, imo.
Most likely, the pregnancy will survive, as in the real time line, they have a daughter.

I think that in the sideways world Jin was not infertile. Also, I realize that the fact that they had no money was what indeed saved Jin's very life....the fact that everything went so wrong, made it right...

Cut to Jack and Sun on the beach...Jack gives her the one tomato that he found in her garden....one stubborn tomato that no one told it it was supposed to die. I think this is symbolic....of the one that perserveres to become the new Jacob. The lone candidate. Or, could this refer to someone that appears dead but may refuse to die....Locke? Don't know, but I still hold hope that the real John Locke will rise again.

But, Jack is indeed the stubborn one, imo. He tells her that she is not the only one to tell him to leave them alone.....Kate did, Hurley did, Sawyer did....

He wants to know what Locke said to her....she writes "he said he had Jin."
Why didn't you go with him? "I don't trust him"
Do you trust me? "Yes"

Jack says, "Sun, come with us and I'll help you find Jin and get you both on that plane and as far away as you can get....I promise." He offers her his hand and she takes it. Of course she trusts in Jack. Just as Kate has, just as Sayid did in the Temple when Dogan wanted to give him the poison pill. For me, I am almost convinced that Jack is the chosen one. He is the one that they all have faith in....

But, who else also asks people to trust in him....XLocke, MiB....but the difference between smokey and Jack is that Jack enlists trust for solid, valid reasons...for the good of them all. MiB/XLocke enlists trust solely for selfish reasons.

Cut to the submarine at night and we see Widmore's man and Zoe pulling out a very drugged man....we see Sayid swimming up to the pier. The man stumbles to the edge of the dock and we see that it is DESMOND!!!!, and he looks down and sees Sayid looking up at him! They pull "Mr. Hume" up and continue down the dock.....after all when Locke returned to the camp without Sayid or Jin, Sawyer asked him where Jin was, and he replied that Whidmore had denied knowing about it. Then Sawyer asked him if he had lost Sayid too, and XLocke replied about the locked room and how he didn't like secrets. Implying that Sayid was back addressing the secret room.

The show ends with DESMOND!!!! Somehow they are going to ultimately contain the MiB/XLocke to the Island with the electromagnetic properties of the Island.

For me, Desmond is the KEY. He is the one that was at the root of keeping the electromagnetic pockets and forces at bay. Because of him, the plane crashed. He is the one that Daniel told how to survive the time travel, by getting a constant. And, the constant that Desmond chose was indeed a valid one and it worked, Penny, his true love.

While this story has many, many rivalries... Desmond vs. Whidmore, Ben vs. Whidmore, the others vs. the losties, Locke vs. Jack, Sawyer vs. Jack, the others vs. Dharma, etc, etc, it is all boiling down to keeping XLocke/MiB contained on the Island. If he gets off, then they will all be in hell, they will all die, and life as they know it will no longer exist. It is far more about saving the world then anything else. And Desmond is the key to unlocking the mystery of the Island...I think. We are already seeing most of the Losties coming to the same conclusion. Jack knows they have a greater purpose, Sun agrees to go with him. Ben has agreed to go, Hurley is clearly agreeing to go along. Jin clearly is rejecting XLocke and will be recruited by Widmore. Kate doesn't buy what XLocke is selling, and Sawyer sees it as well. Everyone but Sayid and Claire. But Sayid is the only one of the candidates that seems so lost at this point. I have hope that Sayid will even be brought around, and most likely by the one he trusts....Jack.

The task that is upon them in the here and now is the ONLY thing that matters. Nothing in the past will matter if they can not complete the task...they need to totally dump the past to face the present. They are all capable, imo.

They will live and fight together, or die alone!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "The Pa...   mrc     03-30-10       
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   zombiebaby     03-30-10     1  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   Breezy     03-30-10     2  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   Tummy     03-30-10     3  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   mrc     03-30-10     4  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   zombiebaby     03-30-10     5  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   michel     03-30-10     6  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   blacknwhitedog     03-30-10     7  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   blacknwhitedog     03-31-10     14  
         RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   PackMan     03-31-10     18  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   Breezy     03-31-10     8  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   trigirl     03-31-10     9  
         RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   CTgirl     03-31-10     10  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   zombiebaby     03-31-10     11  
   Room 23!!11!   mrc     03-31-10     12  
     RE: Room 23!!11!   weltek     03-31-10     22  
         RE: Room 23!!11!   michel     03-31-10     25  
             RE: Room 23!!11!   mrc     04-01-10     27  
                 RE: Room 23!!11!   Breezy     04-01-10     28  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   Max Headroom     03-31-10     13  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   blacknwhitedog     03-31-10     16  
         RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   Breezy     03-31-10     19  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   GOOU     03-31-10     17  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   PackMan     03-31-10     20  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   blacknwhitedog     03-31-10     15  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.10: "Th...   Flowerpower     03-31-10     21  
   My Take....   Flowerpower     03-31-10     23  
     RE: My Take....   michel     03-31-10     24  
         RE: My Take....   Flowerpower     04-01-10     29  
             RE: My Take....   michel     04-01-10     33  
                 RE: My Take....   Flowerpower     04-02-10     34  
                     RE: My Take....   michel     04-02-10     35  
                 Widmore and Desmond   weltek     04-05-10     36  
         RE: My Take....   weltek     04-01-10     31  
     RE: My Take....   blacknwhitedog     03-31-10     26  
     RE: My Take....   weltek     04-01-10     30  
         RE: My Take....   Flowerpower     04-01-10     32  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •